Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.
:D

post-17085-0-78053000-1392047906_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

"Get your waders on Mr Cameron and get down here now."

http://news.sky.com/story/1209110/floods-move-east-pm-told-get-down-here-now

Su Burrows' emotional plea in Wraysbury, Berkshire, during a live interview on Sky News comes as water levels threaten "significant flooding" across swathes of southern Britain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Something a brewing in Stanford le-hope, dark skies looks stormy

I keep looking at those huge, huge cranes at the port - they must be a prime target for lightning.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Just a glimpse of a rainbow from those showers south of Chelmsford...

post-9921-0-82474000-1392050212_thumb.jp

post-9921-0-09389600-1392050260_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Angry looking skies here. I'll post some not particularly good pics soon - through window and just outside, where the scenery isn't the best.

I've seen recent lightning indicated west and south of Colchester, so who knows?

Edit: Attached.

post-11059-0-43154900-1392050927_thumb.jpost-11059-0-34331000-1392050950_thumb.j

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just saw a man originally from Chicago who has lived in Somerset for 20 years in tears because his friends have been flooded out. He contacted local government last year saying that there will be flooding again if something isn't done and ultimately nothing was done. He completely rips into the central government and his words were so true. Our government our absolutely clueless. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Just saw a man originally from Chicago who has lived in Somerset for 20 years in tears because his friends have been flooded out. He contacted local government last year saying that there will be flooding again if something isn't done and ultimately nothing was done. He completely rips into the central government and his words were so true. Our government our absolutely clueless.

Watched that too, what a great bunch, all just getting on with it and protecting their neighbours homes. Made me smile when he said "I don't sound local, and the Sikh gentlemen chimed in 'I don't look local' but they are both there along with all the other volunteers. Good job guys, hats off and hope your hard work keeps it at bay, if only a little.
  • Like 8

Posted

I can't wait for May 2015, the Conservatives & Lib Dems have done enough damage, arguably more than Labour. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Image showing the most likely track and the alternative track of the storm on Wednesday (Please take note Daily Excess WEDNESDAY!!)

post-10773-0-11270200-1392052165_thumb.j

Amber severe weather warnings for wind have been issued, as well as yellow warnings for snow and rain.

More details at http://bit.ly/1aRItgD

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Image showing the most likely track and the alternative track of the storm on Wednesday (Please take note Daily Excess WEDNESDAY!!)

Posted Image1924532_10152041275684209_1610767572_n.jpg

Amber severe weather warnings for wind have been issued, as well as yellow warnings for snow and rain.

More details at http://bit.ly/1aRItgD

Lets hope it's track 2, although it's unlikely :(

Posted

This morning on TV they said all of 60 homes had been flooded on the Sommerset Levels - a fraction of those flooded elsewhere in the country - but obviously when it is posh people with good PR skills then we should bend over backwards to spend £10m dredging their rivers rather than wasting it on doctors and hospitals.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Pelting down now here. This is getting alarming. :O

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just a gentle steer back to topic - there's a host of politically-debating shaped threads in the serious discussion section which can be found here.....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62674-uk-political-discussion/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Wow, driving back from Lincoln I went through some of the most heaviest hail ever!! Absolutely insane, the roads were like rivers and the showers looked almost static. Then 5 miles down the road was bone dry! Unreal.

Posted

Oh dear. Just saw the flooding map on TV plus reports from locations just a few miles from here and it is truly awful; can't believe there is more to come.

OH picking up friends from Gatwick - mother with her son having interview at Reading Uni on Wednesday - he's already stressing about driving them to Reading tomorrow and then travel to Heathrow on Friday (I haven't mentioned Wednesday's potential storm yet). I am also desperately trying to work out how to get to work and school tomorrow after this morning's aborted journey due to Surbiton and Kingston being at a standstill from traffic diverted from the flood-hit areas. My son had no chance of arriving at school in Uxbridge in time for their trip into London; I guess we will just have to sit out out tomorrow and arrive late.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm feeling all wintered out now! :(

Roll on Spring! Dry sunny and warm days would be bliss now. Still, not too long to wait in the scheme of things.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Heard two deep rumbles of thunder at 1620ish and 1636ish, first one at some distance but deep and loud enough to cause the house to creak. No lightning seen. Very heavy rain to follow. Looked out of window and cloud base was across the horizon though you could still see the paler sky beyond, looked quite menacing, and some distant scud almost seemed to lower but then the solid line of the base of the cloud returned. After the light skies of yesterday and commenting it was quite light for 5pm, today this black cloud took over everything and seemed to bring along the evening very quickly. Haven't really been watching the forecast as feeling ill and not at computer until now but wasn't expecting any storms anyway.

• Like 3