Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Siberia set to sizzle...

shedhead

Posted

With Alaska now firmly back into the freezer the anomolous warmth has transfered into the normally frigid E Siberia.

Temps in Magadan Russia should get above freezing by day, something akin to seeing -20c on the Isles of Scilly, with Oymyakon possibly seeing highs 40c above normal this weekend....or the equivilent of 46c (115f) in London.  Truely staggering stuff.

Posted Image

Edited by shedhead
  • Like 6

Posted

Very unlikely I'd suggest due to topograpy. In any event though, these look like being unprecidented times there, as they were in Alaska recently. 

Edited by shedhead

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

I've noticed that in the past week or so Anchorage has had max temps in positive territory, as had Moscow for most of the winter with the exception of the past 2 or 3 weeks, then they descended to the norm for this time of year but are getting back up towards freezing level.

Couple that with the cold of North America, our rainy season and it seems that there have been some quite exceptional goings on this season, however we are getting closer to the time when the northern hemisphere should start going from a deposit to a credit in terms of solar energy being received - I dare say that this will start to trigger changes in the circulation but in what way, who knows - we will probably get more unexpected results.