Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

WOW. Epic hail storm coming out of Plymouth. Day light to dark. Everything covered in white. Thunder and wind chucked in for the ride. Incredible.

• Like 2

Posted

Swindon is showing heavy snow on the bbc website for tonight and tomorrow morning, that's only at 104 m ASL too

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Swindon is showing heavy snow on the bbc website for tonight and tomorrow morning, that's only at 104 m ASL too

Yep and sleet for Newbury tonight on my MetOffice app.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Alignment of showers through e.g. Bristol area eastwards critical to this.... UKV paints 1-5cm lying snow east of Bristol/Mendips areas/B&NES uplands/M4 corridor S Glos-Wilts (and Exmoor). But we can't yet be sure on the alignment signal shown in the high-res products.

Never mind about snow Ian we have just had one of the most intense hail storms in Radstock I have seen for years. Ice everywhere making our rush hour very difficult

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Send it this way Gibby, I doubt his mind (fergies) is on the snow of course but hopefully the Prime Minister's mind is on getting help from overseas. Looking at the news regarding today's storm and its power outages, the widespread flooding and damage to businesses countrywide, we are at A CRISIS POINT. I don't like getting political as this is an unprecedented set of circumstances which has arrived, largely courtesy of Mother Nature but we need HELP, more especially given the time this will take to get back to any kind of normality, weather permitting. Posted Image

Phew, got that off my chest, time for a soak in the bath and back for more news later.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

I have been upstairs watching the intense shower (which has given Gibby's area hail and lfcdude his thunder) pass just to the North of Warminster with the hail curtains showing very well against the clearer dusk background. The hail was swirling beneath the cloud base and I may well have witnessed some rotation a few times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Thanks for update Ian!

So this could turn out to be a narrow streamer type thing with one place getting a covering and 3 miles down road getting nothing. 

Going to be a long night Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Never mind about snow Ian we have just had one of the most intense hail storms in Radstock I have seen for years. Ice everywhere making our rush hour very difficult

absolutely fantastic sky clouds as that storm tracked to my south from here about an hour or so ago ,grabed camera which as been out in car for a while battery flat ,grabed my old manual camera no film ,not sure of exact wind gusts here but would say short of burns day storm ,but sat in amazement watching our fir trees .If the synoptics and track of late fridays storm come in to line right it  could be just as bad ,take care all and get some sleep tonight some will see the white stuff some wont ,cheers .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just got in from work and was sure I saw lightning towards the west just as I left. Just checked the radar and yes!

Such a crazy weather day!!

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

It been an horrendous day for guys with storm Tini  i do hope people are safe and not putting themselves at risk, ive not been on and posted much as making sure my house is "ok" for Friday  IF  this storm comes off. We had several hours of it being very windy here with some beefy gusts, all quiet calm here now but the sea state is very rough..

Now i have heard conflicting evidence about Fridays storm, that one - it is just going to be a deluge of rain and nothing more (this has not come from NW but other weather sites)), two - whereas others are saying it may possibly be like today's storm, and by looking at the ensembles it is still pretty much on. It is too early to tell what this storm will do and im really hoping it dont come off that bad, and three - there will be no storm or accumulative rainfall amounts. So yeah pretty confused at preset, however looking at the runs etc it is still on Posted Image

We have had more landslips again today

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

EURO4 snow accumulation map for dawn tomorrow;

post-12721-0-31960300-1392229891_thumb.j

You can see the threat Ian was alluding too earlier for a covering of snow over the Mendips and surrounding uplands and also the moors of the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

EURO4 snow accumulation map for dawn tomorrow;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

You can see the threat Ian was alluding too earlier for a covering of snow over the Mendips and surrounding uplands and also the moors of the SW.

I think its going to be hard to predict. Every hour the MO app has changed its mind for dartmoor. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well i had a very lucky escape today, Had a tree come down right in front of me while i was driving on the Dorset Way dual carriageway, 10 secs earlier and i would of hit it! Went straight accross both lanes, was crazy out there today!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another round of 50/60mph winds, locally 70mph on Saturday morning;

post-12721-0-39219100-1392230367_thumb.j

Let's hope this is the last storm for a while.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Good evening all! Was driving back from amesbury back to bulford about 35 mins ago as I reached the top of our hill, which on a clear day you can see the white horse. There was a flash of lightning which lit the whole sky. Pretty spectacular. School run was interesting this afternoon as alot of parents were struggling to get to the school with trees done flooded roads and traffic delays mainly caused by traffic lights not working. Im now hoping to see a little bit of snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

I think its going to be hard to predict. Every hour the MO app has changed its mind for dartmoor. 

Hi there  what is MO app  I know it is met office app but what do I  actually search for on my I phone please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

new thread coming shortly folks, so please finish off any posts or hold them over until new thread is started....cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!