Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I invested in a thing called a Nutribullet (I was watching one of those shopping channels out of the corner of my eye one morning and this made me pay attention).

Basically a very strong blender which takes raw fruit and veg or nuts and oats etc. and pulverises them into delicious drinks. Today I had a banana, frozen berries and spinach shake. Stick them in the bullet, fill with water to the Max line and switch on. You can also heat up the stuff and have a soup, but it's better raw, and because everything is liquidised you absorb every single vitamin more easily.

Sounds like another gadget I do not have space for ;)

I did however have tuna salad rolls for dinner instead.

Posted

Just had a one day incursion in my time at work today, and now have another week off work, already got the art and stuff out and planning to spend the next few days in the creative lounge (also know as *the lounge*)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sounds like another gadget I do not have space for Posted Image

I did however have tuna salad rolls for dinner instead.

No it's tiny about 8" high and 4" wide and very unobtrusive. About the same size as a large coffee grinder. Unlike a lot of things like the food processor, I use it every day.

If you don't have time to fix breakfast, you just mix up something like oats, yoghurt, honey, banana and water in seconds and drink it in the car or on the train to work and I don't feel hungry until the afternoon. And it's miles cheaper and better than one of those diet drink regimes - I've lost 3 stone this year.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 5

Posted

No it's tiny about 8" high and 4" wide and very unobtrusive. About the same size as a large coffee grinder. Unlike a lot of things like the food processor, I use it every day.

If you don't have time to fix breakfast, you just mix up something like oats, yoghurt, honey, banana and water in seconds and drink it in the car or on the train to work and I don't feel hungry until the afternoon. And it's miles cheaper and better than one of those diet drink regimes - I've lost 3 stone this year.

Would my old blender do the job? trying to save on cost and space is all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I invested in a thing called a Nutribullet (I was watching one of those shopping channels out of the corner of my eye one morning and this made me pay attention). Basically a very strong blender which takes raw fruit and veg or nuts and oats etc. and pulverises them into delicious drinks. Today I had a banana, frozen berries and spinach shake. Stick them in the bullet, fill with water to the Max line and switch on. You can also heat up the stuff and have a soup, but it's better raw, and because everything is liquidised you absorb every single vitamin more easily.   Me too, although my bedroom was above the kitchen and the Aga. I almost miss seeing those frost feathers and patterns on the windows nowadays.

So are these really good? My OH has been going on and on the last week or two about one of these and I said just use a hand blender now I'm intrigued, a girl at work lost 2 stones in a couple of months juicing. Well done on your loss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi Looby   hope you all had a great Christmas  . Hope you rescued your tree after the storms.

Hey! Yes it was lovely I would say peaceful but santa brought my 5 year old son a drum kit :/ I managed to grab my tree and put it down the side alley but the next morning I noticed all the baubles had flown off and wedged themselfs in my hedge! Hope not to much damage your end? Abd your ready for the next one x
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh what a beautiful day, everything is rosy, Charlton got 3 points against the mighty Brighton on Boxing Day and taken over on the Friday by a multi millionaire Belguim on the Friday, can life be better,well not until we lose on Sunday.

Today the day I been dreading, it's our second Christmas Day, I know, but when you got 3 grandchildren sometime Father Christmas drops off presents at more than one house, well blow me down if he didn't do a delivery last night, broke my toe this morning as he left them all scattered over the floor, obviously not expecting a 61 year old to be dancing around the floor celebrating the takeover news. So not only have nanny and grandad got to put up with another 6 hours of excited kids, but also another Christmas dinner! It will be great (except the Christmas dinner part as I am still struggling to eat). Really looking forward to the peace being shattered, and trying to convince the 6 year old not to build his scalextric as we won't have time to play with it :-)

Looks a cracking morning out, well better go shopping, but I ain't buying a bloody turkey that's for sure, feel a nice bit of lamb is the order of the day, wish us luck, we will need it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

No it's tiny about 8" high and 4" wide and very unobtrusive. About the same size as a large coffee grinder. Unlike a lot of things like the food processor, I use it every day.If you don't have time to fix breakfast, you just mix up something like oats, yoghurt, honey, banana and water in seconds and drink it in the car or on the train to work and I don't feel hungry until the afternoon. And it's miles cheaper and better than one of those diet drink regimes - I've lost 3 stone this year.

Lovely sunny start here in Goddy. Have seen this little gem too and was wondering if it was worth buying.After your positive comments, shall getting one myself. Such as easy was to get five a day! Edited by 80sWeather

Posted

Morning all

A bright sunny but cold day here, just finished the second load of washing and hung that out whilst I am in home chores mode decided to start a bit of cleaning too, exciting life I lead Posted Image

Going to take advantage of the fine days weather by having a walk a little bit later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Hi CharltonKerry.

The Belgium Guy also owns Standard de Liege. Shame his not a billionaire, but a multi millionaire wil DO!!!.

A least it will be good for the club. Should be finalised in a couple of weeks. Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Charlton

I was pleased to see you beat the seaweed

U forgot to mention another great thing was palace jumping out of relegation zone!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Wind for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Portsmouth & West Sussex

South to southwesterly gales and locally severe gales will develop across west Wales and parts of southwest and southern England during the early hours of Monday, easing from the west later on Monday morning.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel, particularly as the gales will be combined by heavy rain (see separate Alert).

Issued at:

1027 on Sat 28 Dec 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Mon 30 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1000 on Mon 30 Dec 2013

An active frontal system will move eastwards across the UK during Sunday night and Monday. Very strong south to south westerly winds will develop, with gusts of 60-70 mph possible within the area of the Alert and a low probability of gusts reaching 80 mph at exposed locations in the Isles of Scilly, west Cornwall and west Wales.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=E1D09CE5-00A5-4229-2B07-38974BC25612_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388361600

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Wake me up when it starts snowing!

• Like 2

Posted

Can you hibernate then?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Lovely and sunny in The Swich today...although it's a tad chilly with a light breeze. (Makes a change from howling gales :))

We have been plied with numerous cups of tea all Xmas thanks to Santa bringing Nipper a tea set. It's a fine sight to see us sitting around 'drinking' tea from tiny pink tea cups. Awwwww! The things you do for the kids. :) Anyway, said nipper keeps asking for snow. So.....any chance, you skilled forecasters? You've been right so far, you clever devils, you. (And for that....we thank you )

Plus...will there be snow in France around the 15/17th of January do you reckon. My neice is off to Paris as a combined Xmas/birthday present.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can you hibernate then?

Yes. post-15503-0-14286700-1388233954_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Sorted Posted Image

Posted

A couple more trees came down in the woods behind us early yesterday morning. Annoyingly, we had not long paid to have them thinned out as they are spruce which were planted in the 70s/80s when there was a tax benefit for owning woodland, but nothing had been done with them since, leaving them too tall and too closely spaced. Certainly has cleared the area now. Enough wood to last us into the next decade I think, though we need to wait a couple of years to season the coniferous stuff to stop the chimney gluing up.

post-11069-0-54086800-1388235657_thumb.j

post-11069-0-03836600-1388235660_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-67431300-1388236037_thumb.j

I've found a way to make a snowman until we get the real thing.....

http://www.carriewithchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Frozen-Build-A-Snowman.pdf

post-10773-0-41919000-1388236075_thumb.j

• Like 2

Monday (will change it's the weather!)

Monday 7am

45-50mph gusts inland 55-60mph on the coast..

Posted Image

between 10am-12pm we will see the strongest gusts..

55-60mph over land 60-70mph at the coast..

Posted Image

Looks like a pretty short lived set of winds and rain but will pack a punch ...

Starting around midnight and going through till about 12pm

Rain:

1am

Posted Image

4am

Posted Image

7am

Posted Image

10am

Posted Image

1pm

Posted Image

clearing around 4pm

Posted Image

Rain.. BIG ISSUE here... heavy and persistent.. Then there is Tuesday and Wednesday..

Tuesday 1pm...

Posted Image

Wednesday 1pm..

Posted Image

Can see warnings for rain going up Sunday night/ Monday..

• Like 1

Posted

Yep been keeping an eye on that one Surrey, tried to go to one of the local villages (Alfriston) yesterday main road heading in was flooded. Just outside of Battle the A21 was blocked with a fallen tree. Getting pretty bad and I can see no end to the onslaught from the Atlantic unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted

all i  say it looking worrying  from  31  dec  to jan 4  th for  some bad  storms to hit  the uk. cant  see  the celebrations going off  in London   reg fireworks  at the moment

all i  say it looking worrying  from  31  dec  to jan 4  th for  some bad  storms to hit  the uk. cant  see  the celebrations going off  in London   reg fireworks  at the moment

Yep been keeping an eye on that one Surrey, tried to go to one of the local villages (Alfriston) yesterday main road heading in was flooded. Just outside of Battle the A21 was blocked with a fallen tree. Getting pretty bad and I can see no end to the onslaught from the Atlantic unfortunately.

The "Atlantic conveyor belt" is in full swing look at some of these bad boys..

Posted Image

Posted Image