Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storms over the Christmas period

Coast

Posted

I remember in autumn 2000 se uk had wettest autumn for a wee while.... There was a storm that gave kent 90-100mph winds....in october that year i was at uni in canterbury and lived on campus..... I remember waking up at 7am and looking out the window to see a piece of guttering fly past and trees falling one after the other.... But that was 90 mph + inland, not 60-70mph which is predicted.. I remember the forecast before the storm on bbc saying it could be the worst since 1987.... It wasnt.... Its not going to be that bad tomorrow either.... The 1997/1998 christmas eve/ boxing day storms were really bad in scotland, ni, iom....But not much media focused on them as they affected the north...

Ps also previous to the north of scotland/ shetlands xmas storm in 1994/95 had no red warning etc like they can issue nowadays.... Yet they had to helicopter in food and water as people were stranded for a week or more....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Your journey home will be faster ....aided by a decent tail wind.

Take care with the rain/spray though!

Class mate!!! You've just made me spit my tea at the computer.....funny as xxxx!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

New thread right here peeps >>>>>> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78846-severe-atlantic-storms-over-the-christmas-period-2/

Locking this one soon.

Edited by Liam J