Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Thought it was time to come out 'lurking' and be a poster to this thread.

Another Ipswich girl here really worried about how my journey (on foot) will fair with my 2 year old son tomorrow at 4pm home from nursery!, should I be concerned about our safety? Especially as we walk past plenty of trees :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Ok I'm trying to read the last 4 pages with the 1 eye closed trick where I'm pretty drunk. But needless to say its not really working. What's happening so I can warn the better half for getting home from work tomorrow.

Posted

Thought it was time to come out 'lurking' and be a poster to this thread.

Another Ipswich girl here really worried about how my journey (on foot) will fair with my 2 year old son tomorrow at 4pm home from nursery!, should I be concerned about our safety? Especially as we walk past plenty of trees Posted Image

Its very hard for anyone to say how bad it will be but looking at what is being posted I expect it to be very gusty and wet,a bad combination for trees.The afternoon will be worse than the morning so you will have to think carefully about that trip,perhaps someone could give you a lift or take a taxi,better still if possible don't take him out at all. Not easy if you have work etc but if you have to go out perhaps the taxi would be the best idea. You could find yourself at risk form flying objects so a car is protection from that.Hope its not that bad but it could be. Be safe  .  Chris

Edited by blackprince
  • Like 3

Posted

Well now it's gone midnight I can safely say my birthday passed without incident.... well without anything actually Posted Image

The storm thread sadly seems to have degenerated into a poor relation of the Model thread. I do hope we can avoid that in this cosy little regional corner.

So, the signs are quite worrying in the days up to Christmas but hopefully folk are now aware and  well prepared. Stay safe folks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well now it's gone midnight I can safely say my birthday passed without incident.... well without anything actually Posted Image

The storm thread sadly seems to have degenerated into a poor relation of the Model thread. I do hope we can avoid that in this cosy little regional corner.

So, the signs are quite worrying in the days up to Christmas but hopefully folk are now aware and  well prepared. Stay safe folks

I wish you a belated happy birthday.

• Like 2

Posted

Happy birthday for yesterday BB

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Wheeekkkk!

Happy birthday BB - so sorry whee newbies missed the actual day.

Mwah.......from Ginger

Posted Image

Mwah..from Alan Maggots and Rowan......with tongues!!!!

Posted Image

..mwah....from Carson Womble-pig

Posted Image

Hope you and yours will come through the encroaching storm without incident.

xxxx

• Like 3

Posted

Thanks folks and the photo's really cheered me up PP xx

Now .....all I have to do is put one particular poster who shall remain nameless on my block/ignore list and my day is complete Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Happy belated birthday bb . I hope you had a lovely day xx

• Like 1

Posted

Strange weather.

Yesterday ( Sunday ) evening around 5pm a brief shower passed overhead here and although it was clearly rain, it sounded like breaking glass as it hit the ground, not loud, just a tinkling sound. The temperature at the time was 7.6c.  Too warm for freezing rain I would have thought ?

Since then the temperature here has not fallen below 4.2c but I have just put the bin bags out and the cars are covered with intricate ice patterns. Not your bog standard frost, these are individual ice patterns on the surface of the cars, yet the temperature is still well above freezing point. I'm intrigued, it's not something I have ever seen before. Can anyone offer an explanation please ?

• Like 1

Morning gang, we are nowess than 12hrs away from the storm making itself present, model runs over night no really change still looking like the low will get down to about 925-930mb..

Rain is concerning as this falls onto already saturated ground could cause some real problems..

By 3pm today we should see a remarked change in wind speeds before it really ramps up into the evening..

Currently, im going for peak gusts between 8pm-12am tonight. Stay safe peeps!

Posted

BB Happy Birthday for yesterday. Does sound like you got a bit of freezing rain. I don't understand these things maybe some form of convection dragging down some colder air very briefly?

Well OH have just left for work up in London on strict instructions to finish at lunchtime to be home safe before wind gets up.

Stay safe out there everyone I for one am not leaving the house today the dogs can go without their walk today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Happy birthday for yesterday BB and fellow west Londoner.

Didn't need to wake till 8am but woke at 6am always the way, feels a bit chilly now. Calm before the storm it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

With a very unsettled 48 hours to come as we see a deep area of low pressure moving in across most parts during today I'll be opening a new thread in a moment...

.....here you blow go, please continue here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78848-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-231213/

locking this one up now !

Edited by MKsnowangel