Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A new thread for weather discussion in Scotland. As ever, keep it civil and on topic please Posted Image

Edit - Adding Prefix

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

A new thread for weather discussion in Scotland. As ever, keep it civil and on topic please Posted Image

well that motorway today is dead busy.

oh yeah forgot the topic is weather Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ok, vaguely on topic, can you all manage that? Posted Image

Mebbe. Any prizes?

Bit of a week, mostly not related to the weather Posted Image but various work-related mongooseing super duper-for-brains induced problems.

The weather was actually remarkably boring. almost 100% cloud every day, no frost, little wind.  Have you all had this? Then last night I got woken by what sounded like someone throwing buckets of gravel at the velux.  It was blustery showers of hail and fierce blasts all day but at least the sun appeared briefly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Its been damp and mild for about 5 days. So boring! Changed today when I got drenched walking to school!! Bad times Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Mebbe. Any prizes?

We'll make that ECM come true for you lucky Scots...good enough? :p

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We'll make that ECM come true for you lucky Scots...good enough? Posted Image

Wot, a three day chill... lol, you'll have to come up with a 1947 freeze for us greedy folk!

Politics, gardening, football, anything goes here. Just no trolls!

• Like 2

Posted

Not a bad day considering, bit of a stiff breeze and 7c. Clear and calmish now with a frost developing.

Snaw better hurray up as I have a new hill to let ma sledge loose on.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Wot, a three day chill... lol, you'll have to come up with a 1947 freeze for us greedy folk! Politics, gardening, football, anything goes here. Just no trolls!

Yer aw gobsuper duperes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

well that motorway today is dead busy.

oh yeah forgot the topic is weather Posted Image

I thought the topic was the mate controversy - pure racism/banning of syntax not used since 2005 Posted Image

Anyway, I honestly haven't seen the 12Zs yet (shocking, I know) and haven't read through the other or MT thread but I'm assuming the ECM is good judging by Nick's post and the fact that it's been excellent for five out of the last six runs for here. I'll get back to you with a summary and maybe even a look at the Fax chart if we're into interesting territory with it(I suspect we aren't quite yet but getting closer to it).

• Like 1

Posted

I thought the topic was the mate controversy - pure racism/banning of syntax not used since 2005 Posted Image

Anyway, I honestly haven't seen the 12Zs yet (shocking, I know) and haven't read through the other or MT thread but I'm assuming the ECM is good judging by Nick's post and the fact that it's been excellent for five out of the last six runs for here. I'll get back to you with a summary and maybe even a look at the Fax chart if we're into interesting territory with it(I suspect we aren't quite yet but getting closer to it).

its still looking good concerning the northerly looks dam chilly.

all this topic talk got me thinking and I might need to go to the shop soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

drums fingers on laptop as awaits LS return

decent cold looking nw flow I think next saturday

Posted Image

Edited by edodfc
  • Like 1

Posted

the hand of god pushing us out the way of ison Posted Image

post-18233-0-40165900-1385764072_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

shhhhhh Bus you will upset Highland Snow..... he is still glued to his telescope waiting for Ison to appear the other side of the sun

actually reports now it may not be deid

• Like 2

Posted

shhhhhh Bus you will upset Highland Snow..... he is still glued to his telescope waiting for Ison to appear the other side of the sun

actually reports now it may not be deid

it certainly isn't its on its way back towards us hopefully still missing or we will all be outside like Posted Image

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Mmm,

New fkn threedPosted Image 

Must be expecting a right BLIZZARD o' posts eh Posted Image 

Big Innes

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

COMET ISON LIVES (UPDATED): Cancel the funeral. Comet ISON is back from the dead. Yesterday, Nov. 28th, Comet ISON flew through the sun's atmosphere and appeared to disintegrate before the cameras of several NASA and ESA spacecraft. This prompted reports of the comet's demise. Today, the comet has revived and is rapidly brightening. Click to view a SOHO coronagraph movie of the solar flyby

Before the flyby, experts had made many predictions about what might happen to the comet, ranging from utter disintegration to glorious survival. No one predicted both.

Karl Battams of NASA's Comet ISON Observing Campaign says, "[colleague] Matthew Knight and I are ripping our hair out right now as we know that so many people in the public, the media and in science teams want to know what's happened. We'd love to know that too! Right now, here's our working hypothesis:

"As comet ISON plunged towards to the Sun, it began to fall apart, losing not giant fragments but at least a lot of reasonably sized chunks. There's evidence of very large dust in the long thin tail we saw in the [sOHO coronagraph] images. Then, as ISON plunged through the corona, it continued to fall apart and vaporize, losing its coma and tail completely just like sungrazing Comet Lovejoy did in 2011. What emerged from the Sun was a small but perhaps somewhat coherent nucleus that has resumed emitting dust and gas for at least the time being."

Battams emphasizes that it is too soon to tell how big the remnant nucleus is or how bright the resurgent comet will ultimately become. "We have a whole new set of unknowns, and this ridiculous, crazy, dynamic and unpredictable object continues to amaze, astound and confuse us to no end. We ask that you please be patient with us for a couple of days as we analyze the data and try to work out what is happening."

Astrophotographer Babak Tafreshi has edited an HD video that compares views of ISON from both of SOHO's coronagraphs. "It seems the comet could become a naked eye object with several degrees of scattered tail by Dec 2nd or 3rd," he predicts. "It's not the comet of the century for sure, and fainter than the Lovejoy sungrazer in Dec. 2011, but an interesting imaging target is just a few nights away!"

• Like 5

Posted

stop it CMD and big Innes............... trying to maintain calm here........no excitement till LS or Lorenzo declares snowmageddon at T12

I lie of course.... the tingling of anticipation is beginning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

stop it CMD and big Innes............... trying to maintain calm here........no excitement till LS or Lorenzo declares snowmageddon at T12

I lie of course.... the tingling of anticipation is beginning

Sorry Edo,

Ahm covered in snaw eftur being in the MT most of the evening Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted

holy fook helicopter crashed into a pub in glasgow :(

• Like 1

Posted

holy fook helicopter crashed into a pub in glasgow Posted Image

had to be a police helicopter as well Posted Image

Posted

ah thought it had just bounced off the pub from the telly but its went right through the roof

Posted

sounds like ran out of fuel seen as no explosion........

Posted

sounds like ran out of fuel seen as no explosion........

cant see it running out of fuel they have safety measures they have to head back once there fuel gets to a certain level.