Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Lightning Forks Over Halifax

unthrown

Posted

Hi everyone this is my first post here.  I live in Halifax in West Yorkshire and the other day we was having an amazing electrical storm which ended up blowing most of the bulbs in my house! Anyway I caught this on video and would love to share it with you 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeDcGL19uc

I have also posted it on several facebook weather pages! 

Please let me know what you think and thank you for letting me share this rare moment with you! (we dont get electrical storms very often anymore around here)

Thanks again!

unthrown

Edited by unthrown
  • Like 5

Posted

Im also big fan of storms have done quite well this year even had lightning last night,could you add Halifax to your location in your profile just so we know where you are when posting in other topics cheers :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

quality footage mate and welcome to net weather, there is plenty of stuff on this site ie storms and storm chasing, live storm threads etc i am sure you will enjoy

Edited by Lee aka Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Nice. That storm fizzled away before it reached here. Seems to happen a lot whenever storms move over the Pennines - what ever happened to orographic uplifting?

Edited by cheese

Posted

Im also big fan of storms have done quite well this year even had lightning last night,could you add Halifax to your location in your profile just so we know where you are when posting in other topics cheers Posted Image

Absolutely! Will do that now

quality footage mate and welcome to net weather, there is plenty of stuff on this site ie storms and storm chasing live threads etc you will enjoy

Thank you!

Plenty to get your teeth into here! Banter, tech thread, you name it..even a curry thread Posted Image

Last light show was a few months back, these snippets keep me sane (just..) nice capture.

thank you!

Posted

Thanks for sharing and welcome. We are a friendly, weather obsessed bunch but also have lots of other areas, including banter as mentioned by triple x1 above. In fact the bar has just opened and newbies get a drink on me ;-)

• Like 3

Posted

Thanks for sharing and welcome. We are a friendly, weather obsessed bunch but also have lots of other areas, including banter as mentioned by triple x1 above. In fact the bar has just opened and newbies get a drink on me ;-)

i now like this place even better!! I would like to mention that there is a few more weather videos on my YouTube channel, I caught another good strike and also did a timelapse of a lightning storm my channel is http://www.youtube.com/unthrown ... feel free to have a look there and if you dont mind subscribing (its free) that would be great! 

Posted

Welcome to Netweather and what a cracking good video to mark your 1st post. Off to a flying start. Posted Image

thank you very much!! I have a few other I would love to share, not quite as good as that one but i guess it was right place right time moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Very nice and welcome to Netweather unthrown.Posted Image There's quite a few of us storm enthusiasts on this forum so I'm sure you'll fit in with us crazy lot lol. Posted Image

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...