Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A new thread for everyone in Wales to discuss the autumn weather in your region and the outlook for winter…

Link to the previous one here….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76252-wales-cymru-regional-discussion-30th-march-2013/page-28

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes Bobby pleased we missed this storm ,pretty poor weather forecast .I thought the shower activity is supposed to die down but we just had a impressive hail storm.

Posted

With regard to the storm, people on the threads were saying it would not be as bad as the previous day at least for Wales I certainly said it, Tony H said it, and others did as well.

Yes J10 but we all got carried away by the hype and they were still promising 60mph winds this morning across South Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I love the sound of the blast of cold coming in. It may finally be cold enough to pop the heating on.

Winter can't come quick enough for me. I miss frosty mornings, the suspense of will it snow and just the cold in general. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Well its cold out there tonight! 3.7C here in Cardiff!

• Like 1

Posted

Was 1.3C here last night, coldest night since June, but it looks like it will be a frost-free October. Looks like pretty standard zonal autumn weather to start November too. Would be nice to have a few frosts but we'll just have to be patient.

Posted

A low will sweep across the UK dragging in a N Westerly becoming Northerly wind from the 3th to the 5 th of November with our first cold feeling days in November. Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Air frost last night min - 0.5c bit of a surprise.

Posted

My confidence on a cold March is quite high, CFS consistently showing the month as being colder than average. January 2013 was consistently being shown as cold from around November (if I remember correctly), and the CFS was proven correct with snow and cold arriving midmonth. 

Im going for colder conditions from mid month November and start of January but my confidence is much lower with these predictions. 

PS: Ice built up on the cars on Tuesday with a low of 1C here in Cardiff.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
Any one got any forecasts for this coming winter?

Just seen gavs forecast for xmas,blizzard conditions on charts for xmas eve, imagine if that came off! I feel a bit of bing Crosby coming...I'm dreaming of a white xmas! Look in the winter forecast section,that will put a smile on your face!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
Any one got any forecasts for this coming winter?

Just seen gavs forecast for xmas,blizzard conditions on charts for xmas eve, imagine if that came off! I feel a bit of bing Crosby coming...I'm dreaming of a white xmas! Look in the winter forecast section,that will put a smile on your face!

I saw that and I was like shovel ready haha!!! Let those snow charts roll!!

Posted

Warning for strong winds across Wales tomorrow has been issued!

http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings

Posted

Yes windy this afternoon/evening, and then very wet (again) tomorrow evening

Posted Image

That will be feeling pretty cold as well, generally horrible. May be some wintriness on the tops of the Brecons especially in the heavier downpours, there often seems to be in "channel low" type setups, even if upper temps arent that cold. GFS shows a very slight risk

Posted Image

Posted

Quite a few trees down by the sound of things:

• [*]

A48 St Nicholas, both ways between Duffryn Lane and Grant's Field

A48 The Vale Of Glamorgan - A48 in St Nicholas closed and queueing traffic in both directions between the Duffryn Lane junction and the Grant's Field junction, because of a fallen tree. Police directing traffic.

Updated 15 minutes ago
[*]
Traffic Incidents
A473

A473 Park Street Bridgend, both ways at Glan-Y-Parc

A473 Bridgend - A473 Park Street blocked in both directions near the Glan-Y-Parc junction, because of a fallen tree.

Updated 19 minutes ago
[*]
Traffic Incidents
A476

A476 Felinfoel Road Llanelli, both ways at Cross Road

A476 Carmarthenshire - A476 Felinfoel Road in Llanelli blocked near the Cross Road junction, because of a fallen tree.

Updated 20 minutes ago
[*]
Traffic Incidents
A477

A477 Cleddau Bridge Pembroke Dock, both ways between Waterloo Road and Trinity Terrace

A477 Pembrokeshire - A477 Cleddau Bridge closed in both directions between Pembroke Dock and Neyland, because of strong winds.

Updated 19 minutes ago
[*]
Traffic Incidents
A4139

A4139 Bush Hill Pembroke, both ways at Whitehall Avenue

A4139 Pembrokeshire - A4139 Bush Hill in Pembroke blocked near the Whitehall Avenue junction, because of a fallen tree.

It's been windy here all day but not exceptional, we're in a pretty sheltered location. There haven't been any power blips yet like we often get in high winds.

Posted

Quite a few trees coming down now..please be careful if you are out..never under estimate the weather

• Like 1

Posted

Gusts reaching 85mph according to Mumbles weather - power outages coming think and fast - not a day to be out and about me-thinks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-24785318

Mumbles - gusts now hitting 90mph - ooooooooooooher

Edited by andymusic