Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/10/13 1730z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Satellite maybe? Shame I was in a meeting til late. Looks like it was a beautiful day today and I missed it. Was slightly surprised when I got home and it felt very cold. 2.3 I think it is now. although a feel like of much lower.... I kind of got used to the mild temps!

Did any one see a really bright light as the sun was going down this evening to the South, I drive the same way everyday and have never seen it before, certainly to big to be a star, was just wondering if anyone knew what it was or saw it?

I saw it too! I believe I saw it the other day too but then it moved very slowly towards the west and I wrote it off as a helicopter hovering. I was amazed to see it again tonight. I guess it will be a star though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

down to 3.2C, Pressure beginning to drop and Radar picking up out west, I think 3.2C will be the lowest temp now as cloud rolls in. (IMBY)

Nice all the same!

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

2.6C is going to have to be the minimum today as the temperature as bottomed at 4.1C and hasn't moved since. Shame this cloud is moving in so soon as I was looking forward to a potential frost. Oh well.

Posted

Another extremely wet morning, amused at the forecast on BBC mentioning 2 bands of rain with a gap in between as there's a linking line of rain that's been right over this area!

Did any one see a really bright light as the sun was going down this evening to the South, I drive the same way everyday and have never seen it before, certainly to big to be a star, was just wondering if anyone knew what it was or saw it?

I saw it too! I believe I saw it the other day too but then it moved very slowly towards the west and I wrote it off as a helicopter hovering. I was amazed to see it again tonight. I guess it will be a star though.
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 12.8°C 00:45 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 26 mph 02:34 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 14 mph 00:49 Wind Run Yesterday: 33.2 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 283° WNW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

10.5c. Scattered cloud. Gusty breeze 27.0 km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Dull and overcast following an early shower.

temp 11.6°C

rain 1.5mm

pressure 996.1mb

wind 7.9mph NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9.3c, Still some gusts.  A dry afternoon was had ,.Just as well because car was hand washed, polished and wind dried. 

Posted

Another largely wet day coming up tomorrow and in fact by Afternoon it will have become progressively warmer for many in our region. Temps could reach the low sixties F (16c) in the odd place and then by Thursday and Friday they will be down to nearer normal levels with low fifties to mid fifties (10-12) at best being recorded. With the warmer the cooler flow will arrive copious amounts of rain for lots of us but also some drier interludes. No change in conditions in the foreseeable but Sunday 11th November remains of interest with potential for wintry precipitation on this day, especially further East. This last suggestion is a bit of a longshot given it's at the boundary of FI and where we go by next week is anybody's guess really. However, by next week, I am expecting a change in the upper atmosphere profile. Whether we remain on the milder and wetter side (as we are) or on the cusp of something much more wintry or even drier Posted Image in the UK, will depend on these upper level nuances, so best watch this space until nearer the weekend. Posted Image

Any idea of the rainfall amounts expected by tomorrow midday ish GTLTW? Or do you have a link to a model which will show me? E.g NAE?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Any idea of the rainfall amounts expected by tomorrow midday ish GTLTW? Or do you have a link to a model which will show me? E.g NAE?

I haven't looked in depth dec10snow as I largely took my nearer-term punt from TV forecasts. Any more rain is troubling I guess so let's hope it isn't too intense. There is a warm front involved so perhaps it'll be lighter in nature but don't take my word for it. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I haven't looked in depth dec10snow as I largely took my nearer-term punt from TV forecasts. Any more rain is troubling I guess so let's hope it isn't too intense. There is a warm front involved so perhaps it'll be lighter in nature but don't take my word for it. Posted Image

Yeah I haven't really seen any forecasts lately (poor from me :p ) and you were actually the one who made me realise rain was on the way tomorrow, so I had a look at the met forecast :lol:

Okay, no problem, thanks :)

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Didn't really get as much wind here as I was expecting on Saturday the 2nd to be honest although reading through the previous posts it does look like most places actually did get it pretty windy. I was personally expecting gusts to be in the low 40s effecting our house.

It only managed a max of 33mph then, however I think tomorrow will be more noteable for here as it looks like gusts of up to 40mph will be more widespread and stretch right the way from the south coast to the far north of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll start a new thread shortly.....link to follow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!