Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will there by any Cold Or SnowFall in Cornwall this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Its very difficult for Cornwall especially Western parts to see decent snow events. Battleground set ups are no good because the sea soon mixes out the colder air. The great West country snow event of Feb 78 was mainly rain in lowland Cornwall.The best set up is probably a proper easterly such as Jan 87 or Feb 91 though another lies can also deliver snow showers.

Yes even the Tropical gardens on the Scilly isles got 15cm covering of snow in Jan 87, bet that was a shock!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Wasn't it that the channel islands got plasted last winter or was it the winter before,so anything is possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yes even the Tropical gardens on the Scilly isles got 15cm covering of snow in Jan 87, bet that was a shock!

Just get the feeling that this winter will return to a more typical UK one something on a par with 11 / 12 mostly mild with just one noticeable cold snap

Wasn't it that the channel islands got plasted last winter or was it the winter before,so anything is possible.

It was March when Jersey got battered

I know that as I had an order from Amazon stuck at Jersey Airport for 3 days whilst the runway was shut

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just get the feeling that this winter will return to a more typical UK one something on a par with 11 / 12 mostly mild with just one noticeable cold snap

It was March when Jersey got battered

I know that as I had an order from Amazon stuck at Jersey Airport for 3 days whilst the runway was shut

Cheers SS for clarifying that one upPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Cheers SS for clarifying that one upPosted Image

No problem

A bit more on it here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-21752040

It was the most snow Jersey and Guernsey had for 30 years

As with everywhere in March we experienced some rare prolonged cold all down to the late SSW other wise that could would never have been so extreme

Edited by Summer Sun

We were hit quite badly by those snow showers and there were 5 inches of snow. In recent wienter, snow showers from the north have diminshed for some reason perhaps they will return this forthcoming winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

I do have a good feeling about this winter for Cornwall and as had been said when we get a battle ground situation here it's has been a classic..... I do remember the 80s seeing all those snow drifts , not seen anything like it since.

I know it's a bit before my time but we did get hit the hardest in 63 but I remember my dad talking about New Year's Day 1979 .

Good luck everyone for this winter :-)

• 3 months later...
Posted

No ,unfortunately for now i think the bulk of winter being done and the patterns set in  i would answer definitively no.