Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Thank you gottolovethis weather, The odd thing is i didn`t even see it until i looked at the photos because it was only visible when the lighning struck and i was looking at the lighting which was on the other side of the sky not where the dark part was on the left. If only i had seen it!!!

i will upload another pic (not tornado but violent sky none the less) from my iphone after i post this message!!

Thanks again.

post-13809-0-72534800-1380886093_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Yesterday was mild, windy and wet with 1 thunderstorms and 3 torrential downpours, here. High Temperature Yesterday: 17.8°C 16:34 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 28 mph 09:08 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 16 mph 09:37 High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 56.0 mm/hr 21:13 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 10.0 mm 13:27 Rainfall Yesterday: 26.0 mm.

Posted

Thanks for your photos Offerman! My parents drove back from Bristol Airport via Frome at the time of the storm and report a lot of debris on the roads around Frome.

Looking at the latest radar it seems a convergence line of showers is beginning to form from mid Somerset up towards Wiltshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just ordered my new weather station, Oregon WMR88, just in time for what better be a cracking winter! Continent cooling down already in the coming days, snow on the ground already more expansive than this time last year, can only be a good sign?

for some reason I cant post pictures? but here is a link you can follow:

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/climate/world-maps/world-snow-ice-cover.html

Ps if anyone can help, I cant do Smiley's or pictures and its all grey'd out?

This link shows last year vs this year, just to compound my above statement surrounding snow cover.

http://www.climate4you.com/SnowCover.htm

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

Hello Andy, Many Thanks for that report. That reafirms the very strong winds i encountered and mini funnel cloud/tornado.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

That storm was to close to comfort in frome last night, lots of debris on the road via norton st Philip, Hinton charter house, some very large branches on the road, lots of bins across the roads etc @ 630 am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Have not been out today so do not know what is on the roads....Some very bright flashes in the area last night. Some dark clouds about at the moment..17.8c,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Posted · Hidden by karlos1983, October 4, 2013 - I'm going to rise above it!
Hidden by karlos1983, October 4, 2013 - I'm going to rise above it!

So frustrating when you post in a certain thread and it gets deleted, without any explanation as to why, it had relevance. It appears a certain moderator has taken a disliking to me, as its countless times this has happened now. That is the last time I post in there, I'm sticking in here!

Last night was fun by the sound of it in the Frome area then,would have loved to of been underneath that!

Posted

Thanks Fromey, I`m on Norton/Bath side of Frome so makes sense and with the direction that the tornado/funnel cloud was.

Did message I.F right after but no interest as of yet!!

Posted

Just outside Frome here and certainly was relatively intense if shortlived storm. Around a strike every 20 to 30 seconds but high base meant no CG's that I could see / hear. Not much wind here except for one strong gust after the rain stopped for about 30 seconds. 10mm rain fell in 10 minutes or so.Phones out of action in some parts of Frome suggest at least one CG landed somewhere nearby.

Edited by chapmanslade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I think something got hit pretty close to the rugby club, maybe the rugby posts, there was a flash and instant bang which shook the house, I could spit on the rugby club from where I live, there was also a green wheelie bin on the A36 near the Beckington roundabout!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wahey the sun finally shone in Falmouth today! First sun in a week!

Posted

Well after missing all the storms, i can only hope this next mild spell brings a break down, but.... Would winter please arrive already! 

Guest William Grimsley

Yesterday was mild, windy and dry. Although, there was some heavy rain in the early hours and 1 light rain shower in the afternoon. High Temperature Yesterday: 19.5°C 14:03 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 26 mph 01:31 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 15 mph 01:38 High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 9.4 mm/hr 01:49 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.8 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 1.0 mm.

Posted

Well after missing all the storms, i can only hope this next mild spell brings a break down, but.... Would winter please arrive already! 

You would definitely have seen lots of lightning on Thursday night!

Posted

Fromey, you are just around the corner from me. Up packsaddle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

I.F. Mentioned Funnel Clouds in Somerset on last nights weather forecast..

Today we have sunny intervals..17.3c. Humidity has dropped.  Now 70%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

A misty calm morning feeling cooler

Observations at 7.05 am

Max temp yesterday 18.0°CMin temp overnight 8.9°CTemp trend -0.4°C/hrCurrent pressure 1024.5mbPressure trend +0.2mb/hrRH 86%Dew point  6.7°CRain today nilWind calmWind gust today n/aCloud base 906ftVisibility  1 mileOutlook settled fine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Beautiful autumnal morning here. A low mist shrouds the fields where dew is a plenty, almost looking like a ground frost.

The sun, and it's magestic orange glow, slowly rising above the misty horizon.

Apart from some aeroplane contours, the sky is blue in what promises to be a lovely, autumns day.

A cold start to the day however, at 8.8c, reminding us of the time of year we are now in.

Edited by SeasonalWeatherWatcher

Guest William Grimsley

After a light shower at 04:17 it was dry, calm and mild yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 04:17 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Wind Gust Yesterday: 2 mph 00:23 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 0 mph 00:00 High Temperature Yesterday: 19.2°C 15:07.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Beautiful autumnal morning here. A low mist shrouds the fields where dew is a plenty, almost looking like a ground frost.

The sun, and it's magestic orange glow, slowly rising above the misty horizon.

Apart from some aeroplane contours, the sky is blue in what promises to be a lovely, autumns day.

A cold start to the day however, at 8.8c, reminding us of the time of year we are now in.

I thought you were writing a poem right there. Posted Image  Wordsworth eat your heart out.

AWD/SWW, What do you make of the sudden turnaround in the model outlook? Although still largely dry, anticipated to be much cooler now though. Also, I need to check the latest model output short-term as there is mention of wind and rain for Monday and Tuesday for some. Me is confused as to what brought the change about?