Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

From Russia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, auroras.

Hi everyone! On the night of 12-13 september, aurora was observed in large parts of Russia. I am first time in life able to observe this beautiful phenomenon, and to photograph it. 57°40′N

0_bdb40_daa52ddd_M.jpg 0_bdb4c_30e3bb12_M.jpg

Edited by IrSCr
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Great shots there IrSCr, Far to cloudy here for any shows, Even thou I ventured up the highest mountain in England and Wales to try and catch a glimps.. Maybe posting them here would also suit? https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/33760-solar-and-aurora-activity-chat/page-214#entry3038082

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted
After a year of observations proved that auroras in the Middle Urals is not such a rare phenomenon. On my latitude (57 N) aurora it becomes visible when Kp index reaches of 3.

As a result of observations i have made video, which were the most striking instances of auroras in the period from 17 March to 11 September 2015 (the chronological order has not been respected):

Photos in the album Â«Auroras 2015», author of Ilya Jankowski on Yandex.Photo

0_db48d_5813446e_M.jpg 0_db485_46aeb5bc_M.jpg 0_db48e_f282f8a9_M.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Awesome photos and video, thanks for sharing! :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Brilliant Ilya...Where have you been? Naz Darovia!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Brilliant Ilya...Where have you been? Naz Darovia!:drunk-emoji:

Spasibo! :) Weather was quite a boring long time, I had nothing to share with forum. Also, I recently returned from autotravel in Kazakhstan, had to drive more than 2000 km. If interested, I can share photos of visited places. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ilya Jankowski said:

Spasibo! :) Weather was quite a boring long time, I had nothing to share with forum. Also, I recently returned from autotravel in Kazakhstan, had to drive more than 2000 km. If interested, I can share photos of visited places. 

Aye, that would be good, Ilya.  You have Polish ancestry, yes?

Да, пожалуйста. Спасибо!

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

You have Polish ancestry, yes?

Parents of my great-grandfather were (probably) originally from Poland. He and his son (my grandfather) lived in Belarus before the revolution. After the revolution, his family fell under the repression of bolsheviks, and it was divided. Unfortunately, the little I know about it.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Ilya Jankowski said:

Parents of my great-grandfather were (probably) originally from Poland. He and his son (my grandfather) lived in Belarus before the revolution. After the revolution, his family fell under the repression of bolsheviks, and it was divided. Unfortunately, the little I know about it.

Wasn't Poland once a part of Russia, before the Bolshevik Revolution? Well your English is about a million times better than my pathetic attempts at Russian, Ilya.

Perhaps you are better off not knowing? I still don't know which side my family was on in the English Civil War! And Russia is a much bigger country than England is...

Anyway my friend, keep the information coming...we are always looking for a 'beast from the east' And I don't mean Mr Putin! My vodka is in the freezer and has gone sort of 'creamy'. Just the way I like it...

naka, my friend.:)

PS: 

Кстати, моя дочь и сын в законе участие в Поместной Русской Православной Церкви ... Так что - если вы thinbking посещения ???

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted

Wasn't Poland once a part of Russia, before the Bolshevik Revolution? 

Yes, part of the territories of Poland were part of Russian Empire, that's right. These lands were called - Kingdom of Poland (on rus - Царство Польское).

Perhaps you are better off not knowing? I still don't know which side my family was on in the English Civil War! And Russia is a much bigger country than England is...

Anyway my friend, keep the information coming...we are always looking for a 'beast from the east' And I don't mean Mr Putin! My vodka is in the freezer and has gone sort of 'creamy'. Just the way I like it...

Perhaps you're right. If I correctly understood :)

Кстати, моя дочь и сын в законе участие в Поместной Русской Православной Церкви ... Так что - если вы thinbking посещения ???

It is unexpected, however. But about churches I have nothing to say. I, my parents, brothers and sisters do not consider themselves to be religious people and do not attend church.

And so, go to photos. First stop was made in North Kazakhstan - a mountain lake Borovoe (озеро Боровое):

W_MKhd8xw3s.jpg  C0BJQabAOzU.jpg  oScd0FT-mds.jpg LZ7P9ubbqtU.jpg

In first photo sky is hidden in smoke from massive forest fires in Siberia. Next day weather turned bad, and we decided to go back to Russia. Along way there were such landscapes:

Kazakh city Schuchinsk (Щучинск) and its surroundings:

O6Vtma8QPPg.jpg  Dv9wuZoC-rY.jpg  HuBB0Cxip6U.jpg  sn16wgjKXmE.jpg  

U74CLjisGJs.jpg  aVl4b3pq4WU.jpg  JyoZaGLiUMM.jpg 

Next stop - Medvezhye Lake (literal translation - Bear Lake, Медвежье озеро). Lake is located in south of Russia, in Kurgan region (Курганская область). This is a very salty lake, salinity of 360 ‰, which is a bit higher than in the Dead Sea.

Gvf6ixHncWs.jpg  yglImq0QCqU.jpg  jDr82MvfEX4.jpg 

On the road to next point - thermal springs in the Tyumen region (Тюменская область):

PqxXn4-Mv3o.jpg  FKk5fMpb1f8.jpg  Wf0nXnyet7U.jpg  a-TlexxGHqw.jpg

In first photo funny name of the village. Literally it can be translated as a village "Wet mustache". In the second photo - a monument to heroes of cultivating virgin soil. On other pictures - Tyumen (city).

mKIBkipUvig.jpg  yvUkp3QOcKY.jpg  8cr1aJ3TA70.jpg  ty4OPY-u8-s.jpg

Abandoned pioneer camp:

A632g9ywScc.jpg

• Like 2