Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

From Russia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lovely pictures, IrSCr...

Welcome to Netweather and don't worry about your English...Мой руÑÑкий еще хуже!Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.

Hello IrSCr. I am from Greece and Ñ Ð·Ð½Ð°ÑŽ руÑÑкий Ñзык. I like to track - follow Russian weather and one of my dreams is to live for a short (or long) period in village Oymyakon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266374/Oymyakon-coldest-village-earth-Temperatures-drop-71-2C-locals-wear-glasses-freeze-faces-school-shuts-falls-52C.html

Also, I want to hike - climb Elbrus, when I will be ready. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Elbrus

I want to ask you, what is the more active weather forum in Russian language? I am interested to follow a Russian forum about weather. And thank you - spasibo.

Edited by Konstantinos
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, auroras.

I want to ask you, what is the more active weather forum in Russian language? I am interested to follow a Russian forum about weather. And thank you - spasibo.

Привет, Konstantinos! It is great that you want to visit such interesting and extreme places in Russia! Especially Oymyakon. We have, in the Urals, even in the frosts -30 degrees seem to be very unpleasant, but what is -50 or lower, i can hardly imagine. And it is very good that you know Russian language. In such travel without it can be very difficult. After all, even we, russians, do not always understand each other correctly Posted Image

As for the forums about the weather in Russian, the most popular - it Meteoclub (http://meteoclub.ru). There are also several communities of the social network vk.com.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Hi IrScr ,All excellent photos, what camera/lens do you use?

Posted

Hi IrScr ,All excellent photos, what camera/lens do you use?

Hi, Sprites! I shoot a very simple and inexpensive camera Canon PowerShot SX130 IS, in most cases it quite suffices thanks to the manual mode. But in low light conditions, such as at dusk or during a severe thunderstorm, in the photo appears strong noise.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.

Привет, Konstantinos! It is great that you want to visit such interesting and extreme places in Russia! Especially Oymyakon. We have, in the Urals, even in the frosts -30 degrees seem to be very unpleasant, but what is -50 or lower, i can hardly imagine. And it is very good that you know Russian language. In such travel without it can be very difficult. After all, even we, russians, do not always understand each other correctly Posted Image

As for the forums about the weather in Russian, the most popular - it Meteoclub (http://meteoclub.ru). There are also several communities of the social network vk.com.

Hello IrSCr. Who knows, maybe I will go in Oymyakon in a good period, not in February. I do not know why, but I think eastern Russia - Siberia is better than European Russia.

I learn Russian language for many reasons, but I think the major one, is that I am Orthodox and Russia - Greece are Orthodox brothers. And of course I want to go in many Russian places. When you said Russians do not always understand each, you meant something like American English - British English? Or something more complicated for example a speaking between a person from a village in Scotland and one from a village in California?

I did register in meteoclub.ru (Konstantinos_Greece) but they have not confirmed my account yet. I hope, they will soon.

Also, I already have an account in vkontakte. If you (or everyone else) want to add me on friends list, here: http://vk.com/konstantinoskantoutsis

Thank you IrSCr about your information and about your photos of the weather in Russia.

Edited by Konstantinos
  • Like 1

Posted

I have just registered too. But my Russian is so bad, I'll need to use the English translation...

ÑпаÑибо

Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

I have just registered too. But my Russian is so bad, I'll need to use the English translation...Posted Image

If you learn to write with your hand the Cyrillic alphabet and Russian script, then all will be better and maybe easier.

And did they confirm your registration?

Edited by Konstantinos

Posted

If you learn to write with your hand the Cyrillic alphabet and Russian script, then all will be better.

I just about know the Cyrillic alphabet, K. But only the print and not the cursive. I'm too old!Posted Image I suspect you are rather better?

It's a small world though, isn't it? My daughter, son-in-law and kiddos are all Russian Orthodox, so the house is full of icons of Russian and Greek saints...

If you enjoy Russian things, there's a good serial called Ð·Ð¾Ð½Ð°...Perhaps IrSCr knows of it?

Я руÑÑкий плохо!Posted Image 

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

I just about know the Cyrillic alphabet, K. But only the print and not the cursive. I'm too old!Posted Image I suspect you are rather better?

It's a small world though, isn't it? My daughter, son-in-law and kiddos are all Russian Orthodox, so the house is full of icons of Russian and Greek saints...

If you enjoy Russian things, there's a good serial called Ð·Ð¾Ð½Ð°...Perhaps IrSCr knows of it?

Я руÑÑкий плохо!Posted Image 

When I began learning Russian language, I had decided to write only on computer, never with my hand. And now writing with my hand is my love. Maybe, during the next days I will upload a photo of my Russian writing.

What about you? Are you Catholic? or Protestant? Maybe your daughter did change religion?

I will see your serial. And I will tell you my opinion.

Posted

When I began learning Russian language, I had decided to write only on computer, never with my hand. And now writing with my hand is my love. Maybe, during the next days I will upload a photo of my Russian writing.

What about you? Are you Catholic? or Protestant? Maybe your daughter did change religion?

I will see your serial. And I will tell you my opinion.

I am agnostic, but I'm not anti-religion...My daughter became Orthodox from her own mind...

I hope you will understand of that serial than I did...

Good book: Everyday Saints by Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov)...Posted Image

By all means upload your Russian...

Posted

I am agnostic, but I'm not anti-religion...My daughter became Orthodox from her own mind...

I hope you will understand of that serial than I did...

Good book: Everyday Saints by Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov)...Posted Image

By all means upload your Russian...

I respect and I accept agnostics, but I don't atheists. I think atheism is a big fake  I am sure your daughter is very smart, because she became Orthodox. I believe the current young generation will understand the difference between Orthodoxy and the other Christianities. Now, in Greece we have begun to understand this difference. Now, we follow the religion war in Islamic countries between Sunni and Shia, near to Greece and we are trying to understand what is happening.

I will upload the photo and I will see the film.

Posted

Wow, suddenly see a lot of posts here and was pleasantly surprised! 

Hello IrSCr. Who knows, maybe I will go in Oymyakon in a good period, not in February. I do not know why, but I think eastern Russia - Siberia is better than European Russia.

I learn Russian language for many reasons, but I think the major one, is that I am Orthodox and Russia - Greece are Orthodox brothers. And of course I want to go in many Russian places. When you said Russians do not always understand each, you meant something like American English - British English? Or something more complicated for example a speaking between a person from a village in Scotland and one from a village in California?

I did register in meteoclub.ru (Konstantinos_Greece) but they have not confirmed my account yet. I hope, they will soon.

Also, I already have an account in vkontakte. If you (or everyone else) want to add me on friends list, here: http://vk.com/konstantinoskantoutsis
Thank you IrSCr about your information and about your photos of the weather in Russia.

И вновь приветÑтвую, Konstantinos! I would say that Siberia is a very unique place. Although i have only visited the european and the southern part of Russia. For russian citizens traveling around the country unnecessarily expensive, cheaper to travel abroad. However, with private transport or enough money, one can visit many interesting places.
About the Russian language - in different parts of the country it does not differ so much that people do not understand each other. In my words were more jokes than the truth. Misunderstanding in this case may be in the free form of expression. The order of words in the spoken language can be almost anything, it all depends on the person uttering them. And in the most ordinary words can be put completely unexpected meaning and value. But i think, did you know. It can be felt in full, if you talk in russian with Russian man Posted Image
И Ñ Ð½Ð°Ð¿Ð¸ÑˆÑƒ вам на Ñайте vk.com.

As for meteoclub.ru, the accounts are activated author of the site. Accelerate the activation process by sending him a personal letter asking to mail

corvuscorax@mail.ru

Or, if you want, I can ask him to activate your account. Yes, it seems quite a complicated process, but thanks to the forum there are only interested people who have something to say. 

I have just registered too. But my Russian is so bad, I'll need to use the English translation...

ÑпаÑибо

Posted Image

A Boy Named Sue, you are also registered for meteoclub.ru. Your nick?
Honestly i have not watched serial Зона, but at the time it was quite popular.

Honestly, i did not expect so much attention to the Russian culture, language... СпаÑибо! Очень приÑтно! Posted Image

Posted

Good day, IrSCr...(Dobry Dien?)

Ð’Ñ‹ только приветÑтвовать!Posted Image 

Since the former Soviet countries joined the EU, we have had quite a number of Poles, Czechs, Latvians et al come over here to live and work...Some of us will readily absorb the Russian-influenced culture that they bring to the UK. Hence my liking for vodka-aided conversation - in vino veritas!

РуÑÑкий Стандарт, РуÑÑкий Стандарт Platinum и Ð—ÐµÐ»ÐµÐ½Ð°Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ñ€ÐºÐ° are also very helpful when watching Spurs lose on TV!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

A Boy Named Sue, Posted Image

More photos:

Snow cumulonimbus, are characteristic of the autumn and spring period:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Classic cumulonimbus:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Rain foot, updrafts, funnel (?):

Altocumulus virga and other cloud top tier:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Horizontal field of cloud seems to vertical wall. Optical illusion?

Posted Image 

A bit of sunsets:

• Like 7

Posted

About the current weather. In connection with the onset of the cold season temperature drops - minimums in the range of -3 to +0.5, max of +4 to +7. First snow (mainly from cumulonimbus). Dominated the western and northern wind.

Of course, i will add photos of weather phenomena from my archive:

Crow instability:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Lenticular clouds:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Cells gathering force:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Posted

Hi everyone, finally got around to publishing some of the photos. At this time i decided to depart a little from a weather theme in favor of wildlife.

In the lens of my camera often caught birds, but few get good shots. Here are some of the best (first photo - linnet - коноплÑнка, other - chiffchaff - пеночка теньковка):

Another object of photography often spiders, though i do not know the names of most species, except for garden spider (паук-креÑтовик, first photo):

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It is unfortunate that this is the maximum capacity of my camera. I dream about the technique more serious for high-quality macro- and telephoto.

And a little bit about current weather - in Ural remains unusually warm for november weather, no snow cover, dominated by southerly winds. Temperature does not fall below 0°C, often rains, cloudy. November 8, maximum temperature amounted +12°C, it is very much to the area in november.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted

Hi everyone! I have been absent due to the fact that winter in Russia - this is not best season for weather observations. Snow and cold - boring things. But in summer is another matter:

Destructive thunderstorm night May 21, 2014

Posted Image  Posted Image

Distant thunderstorm with dust storm May 23, 2014

Spectacular low-precipitation thunderstorm June 5, 2014

Posted Image

Noctilucent clouds June 21, 2014

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F