Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 5th August onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Im not much of a betting man but I bet that Lincolnshire will be the best spot.... again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Posted Image

Expect any storms that do initiate to have the potential to continue into the night.

Well C,you was right with the placement yesterday,(no grudge to the senior folk/experts),it'd be nice if you was right againPosted Image

i need to get me head down for an hour before things kick off,i'm nacked after staying up too long last night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Considering the front will be crossing me, there's nothing indicative of rain for here and the MO and BBC forecasts agree. I'm going beach fishing tonight, and some heavy rain would have been welcomed to make it a bit more fun. I'm in the same boat as CreweCold, although my last proper storm was in 2005. The shield is strong!

Guest William Grimsley

Posted Image

Expect any storms that do initiate to have the potential to continue into the night.

Bring it on! :D

Some moderate/heavy rain going slightly W of Newton Poppleford but is all the time moving this way. We could be lucky. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Things/sferics kicking off now in NE england.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/?type=lightning-12

Edited by allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Bring it on! Posted Image

Posted Image 

Posted Image Some moderate/heavy rain going slightly W of Newton Poppleford but is all the time moving this way. We could be lucky. Posted Image

I am starting to have doubts now though.Posted Image

The map suggests that the same areas that had lightning yesterday will be in on the action again tonight and tomorrow with only isolated activity for our area.

Will probably be a case of hit and miss unless something dramatically changes in the atmosphere that hasn't been spotted.

Period of quite heavy rain pushed through, as always hard to pinpoint where any thundery activity shall be..as it's a developing situation, still too early to say. Sometimes showers tend to break out ahead of the main 'event' so here's hoping.

I'm pretty sure some parts of Yorkshire didn't expect to get what they did last night..

Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Finally caught up on a later forecast. Much less excited although it did mention activity over the north east of the UK and guess what we've got. It also mentioned the word "uncertain."  So  Midday forecast is right for the north east anyway. However nothing much may happen elsewhere or maybe it could. Time will tell.

The red marking on the map posted on here earlier is wrong. The Sheffield shield is in it so it needs a small hole marking out with the marker. "Nothing will happen in this spot". 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Wow them cells have really fired up to my south now. Can here thunder as i type, this is looking like a direct hit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Intense band of rain just south of Thirsk currently moving NE wards

cloudy and humid in darlo but its staying dry for a bit yet as we are just missing the band of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Wow them cells have really fired up to my south now. Can here thunder as i type, this is looking like a direct hit.

yeah it must be on top of you now, or just popping over eston hills

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Small amount of rain falling here atm, still pretty warm at 23.3c although i haven't seen the sun since this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

yeah it must be on top of you now, or just popping over eston hills

Rain just starting now, almost constant thunder to my west.

Edit, huge flash of lighting to the east, rain still light though

More folk lightning and rain getting more heavy. Out of the no storms club with cape of less than 150. 

Edited by seabreeze86
  • Like 2

Posted

good evening everyone, well after the cracking storm we had here last night i guess its being greedy to have a repeat perfomance tonight or in the morning, very cloudy but very warm feel tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Rain just starting now, almost constant thunder to my west.

Edit, huge flash of lighting to the east, rain still light though

More folk lightning and rain getting more heavy. Out of the no storms club with cape of less than 150. 

enjoy im sure it will be the first of many for our region