Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

radar viewing problems

I have noticed that there are currently viewing problems quite often of the radar on a samsung galaxy ace with an old version of android on all browsers

What is the best browser to have to make the radar work effectively on a phone with an old version of android ?

Has the radar been changed so that it only works reliably on phones with the new version of android ?

Posted

There haven't been any changed to the mobile version of the radar of late, and I've not seen any other reports of problems (or seen any myself, as I used Android), what issue are you seeing?

on loading the radar page - the map and radar info do not appear quite often on G and 3G and E connections

If there is a H connection the radar loads better

I think its something to do with internet connection you connect to while on the move - as the radar is very useful when on the move to track rain and storms etc

As you say this is not an android problem - you have confirmed there have been no upgrades to make the radar work on new android operating system phones only

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm not getting place names on the radar in postcode zoom at the moment on my iPad or android phone. Is anyone else suffering this problem?

It's only just started missing this info out.

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi 

I hope the OP doesn't mind me using this thread to ask a question?

After not having a mobile for the past 5 months, i've been given a basic touch screen android to play around with, so i've been bookmarking the forum, chartviewer, radar etc ..  

Would it be possible to have an option to save postcodes on the mobile radar? Like the desktop version?

Just spotted something else, on the mobile skin, the button which shows your account/notifications/messenger etc .. it stays overlayed unless you scroll down and click a forum area, you can't get rid of it by clicking the same button. 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Hi Mapantz, the option to save postcodes is definitely something in the development plan currently, so it should hopefully be available soon. Re the forum, we're due to update it imminently which I hope will change the way the menu works :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi Mapantz, the option to save postcodes is definitely something in the development plan currently, so it should hopefully be available soon. Re the forum, we're due to update it imminently which I hope will change the way the menu works Posted Image

Brilliant! That sounds great Paul, cheers. :) 

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Is that cleft across SW Wales going to be sorted out soon Paul, driving me mad, thankfully it's not there on every frame!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

OK but you can let them know? Thanks Paul.

Is that cleft across SW Wales going to be sorted out soon Paul, driving me mad, thankfully it's not there on every frame!

Causing problems here too, is frequently a sharp dividing line in S/SE Wales where the rain is shown to be almost always heavier to the west than the east, often extends into the channel and SW England too. Is a pain because I'm just to the east of the line so the radar is almost always reporting the wrong intensity here. Seems fairly permanent, think it appeared a week or so ago.

Example

Nothing to do with Netweather but just a wee bit annoying.

Edited by Bobby