Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Please use this thread to discuss our regional weather which will probably include (to a greater extent at the moment) storms or lack of them depending on where you are.

The old thread (old? one day old!!) is back here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77319-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-22nd-july-2013-onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Very humid here now, with hazy sun and a temperature of circa 24C.

The sky just looks alive with energy - castellanus and other clouds shooting up - it'd make for a great photo, if the sun was setting. If this doesn't go bang later, I'd be a bit surprised.

Weird then - I posted my message and I was informed I didn't have permission to post to a locked thread!Posted Image The old thread was closed pretty sharpish! so I cut and pasted.

Posted

Any chance you can copy the forecasts over, Coast?

I'll have a looky in a mo! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

East london / ilford  has lots of cloud cover, but we just had half an hour of sunshine, now its very muggy again.... I think its widing itself up for another storm.... very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Has risen from 27 to 29.3 in the last hour, then back down to 28.8, humidity is still steadily rising. I have a meeting in afew hours, high level looking out onto brighton seafront. Taking my camera and video camera with me..if it all kicks off, I'm heading for the nearest window! The meeting will have to wait :-)

Posted

Any chance you can copy the forecasts over, Coast?

OK, for all of you looking for some indications of the possibilities in the next few hours, these posts from the old thread are a useful guide to aid your own thoughts or hopes:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77319-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-22nd-july-2013-onwards/?p=2748135

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77319-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-22nd-july-2013-onwards/?p=2747925

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77319-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-22nd-july-2013-onwards/?p=2747578

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Just looked out and it looks to me, could be wrong; that the cloud/wind direction is coming from the S-SE now. Anyone confirm? Could that we good for our area if anything pops across the channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

A very muggy afternoon here. After last nights torrential rain, and almost constant distance rumples of thunder, I was hoping for it to feel a bit fresher. I think with the cloud cover it feels more oppressive than yesterday. Hoping for a flash and a bang later though ;-)

Posted

A very muggy afternoon here. After last nights torrential rain, and almost constant distance rumples of thunder, I was hoping for it to feel a bit fresher. I think with the cloud cover it feels more oppressive than yesterday. Hoping for a flash and a bang later though ;-)

Same here - when I left for work this morning, I really thought some nice, cool, fresher air would hit me...  but no, still horrible and humid! 

Really hoping for further flashes and bangs myself later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Really feels uncomfortable here but having looked at the further outlook for July into August, would think that yesterday and today are going to take some beating for the combination of heat/humidity, for the rest of the summer, now.

Which will be a great relief, for some members.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Jay Wynne pretty bullish about our chances later, however I do take anything produced for the Beeb with a mahoosive pinch of salt....

Posted

Unfortunately I didn't manage any lightning shots. for one thing I was very drowsy when the light show was going on and secondly, any pictures taken from my house would be a pile of do do. I might try to do some later on, if the time (before about 1 a.m.) and storms are right.

I did go out at the crack of dawn though, to take some shots of the very moody sky that existed then. Because the Sun wasn't behind an overcast shield, some great colours and effects were visible - one aspect looked like a cloud of orange / pink dust at ground level in the distance. Very atmospheric. I was hoping that when I took the storm picture over the cornfield, that the picture would be split by a wonderful flash of cloud to earth stuff by some absolute flukePosted Image , but it didn't happen.Posted Image

post-11059-0-10997800-1374582711_thumb.jpost-11059-0-99919100-1374582753_thumb.jpost-11059-0-86490900-1374582850_thumb.jpost-11059-0-20037500-1374582893_thumb.jpost-11059-0-85594100-1374582932_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Kate Kinsella on Look East "looking ahead to the rest of the week we might get some warmer downpours"  - what planet is that woman on????? Posted Image

Posted

I have to say that the huge cell over the water has gradually made its way through France and around the South coast, looking now like it would exit away from us to the East. Not a lot else brewing out there at the neighbours at the moment, so unless things kick off a bit this afternoon in France (still time and a chance) we may be looking at home grown stuff to crank up and clear the air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very humid 27C here with sun, had a brief thundershower earlier but feeling very deflated after an uneventful night. More chances later and overnight I suppose, happy for all you lot that saw the amazing fireworks! I'd actually be happy with some torrential rain lol.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Approaching 27c here feeling very humid. According to the radar we should have some rain falling soon. Would be nice to just get rid of the humidity.

Posted

I see a cell has sprung up in the last few minutes, west of a line from Colchester to Ipswich.

Posted

The actual humidity doesn't look to have changed much through the day, but add in the increase in temperature and it's certainly not pleasant for many:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Must be time for a midday nap?

Posted Image

Edited by Coast