Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimus!! Storms going crazy over the Channel Isles. Please, please let it come here. :) Pretty please.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel very restless now. And it's very warm here still and very still and quiet. :O

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

You like drizzle NS?Posted Image

I'll take anything in the precipitation department, we're desperate for some :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Strange really, with all of the storm forecasts, it feels cooler tonight than it has all week.

I hope tomorrow is a scorcher.

Love having a storm after a really hot spell.Posted Image

Posted

Btw Lottie, You live near prime snow chase territory, imo, Capel-le-Ferne. Snow chased there a couple of times, they were great days out, followed by fish n'chips in Folkestone. Tom.

There's some tasty fish & chips to be had in Folkestone...You should try the Smokehouse in the harbour area if you come down again. Not cheap but the tastiest in town! With the added benefit of being on the seafront :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Ditchling Beacon, Devil's Dyke. the Jack and Jill windmills, Firle Beacon and pretty much anywhere on the South Downs Way provided you are tree-free. Remember though that most of time you'll be the highest thing around so take a lightning conductor or wear rubber soled shoes otherwise the forum could be a member down....

Reminds me of a circular walk I did in the Brighton area, many years ago. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The current developments in the more western side of the channel (the Central S/SW region) have been well modelled by the NAE

Posted Image

If we compare to the latest radar screen grab as below. I think for tonight we are likely to see a quiet night in our region - but I have said 'allawallah' as a personal insurance against that. Looks like destabilisation though across the western channel will send some elevated thundery showers, much as predicted, from due west of the Isle of Wight and through adjacent southern central counties and into the Midlands. Tomorrow is definitely 'Manyana' in this situation..

http://meteox.com/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop-bliksem&c=&n=&tijdid=20137212315

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

The current developments in the more western side of the channel (the Central S/SW region) have been well modelled by the NAE

Posted Image

If we compare to the latest radar screen grab as below. I think for tonight we are likely to see a quiet night in our region - but I have said 'allawallah' as a personal insurance against that. Looks like destabilisation though across the western channel will send some elevated thundery showers, much as predicted, from due west of the Isle of Wight and through adjacent southern central counties and into the Midlands. Tomorrow is definitely 'Manyana' in this situation..

http://meteox.com/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop-bliksem&c=&n=&tijdid=20137212315

Hi Tamara,

Dont worry, I've got my rosary beads out too. Posted Image

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi Tamara,

Dont worry, I've got my rosary beads out too. Posted Image

Tom

Hello Tomas

18z NAE picks up the same theme as above for the early hoursPosted Image

Tams

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/07/21/basis18/ukuk/prec/13072203_2118.gif

Posted

The swifts were going crazy tonight, wheeling and screaming in the hot air as the light ebbed away and the sky to the west turned blush then blue grey. Watching them I was struck by their speed and their sound, not just the sound of their calls but the rush of wind as a group of them pivoted overhead, like the sweeping woosh of a kite as its handler banks it hard, tiny birds collectively making a giant sound. One particular group flew higher and further away until one by one they vanished from sight, too far away to see but still close enough to hear, then a few seconds later they were visible again, re-born out of the fading light, spiralling for a moment as a coherent group and then scattered like a firework, then drawn together again by who knows what.

Watched them for ages.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can report to my fellow SE'ers I can see a storm out to sea here in South Devon. Hope it moves overhead!

Posted

The swifts were going crazy tonight, wheeling and screaming in the hot air as the light ebbed away and the sky to the west turned blush then blue grey. Watching them I was struck by their speed and their sound, not just the sound of their calls but the rush of wind as a group of them pivoted overhead, like the sweeping woosh of a kite as its handler banks it hard, tiny birds collectively making a giant sound. One particular group flew higher and further away until one by one they vanished from sight, too far away to see but still close enough to hear, then a few seconds later they were visible again, re-born out of the fading light, spiralling for a moment as a coherent group and then scattered like a firework, then drawn together again by who knows what.Watched them for ages.AS

Oddly enough AS  despite being some 40-50 miles inland the overriding sound here this afternoon was from a large and very vociferous flock of seagulls. Whilst they are not unknown around these parts, I have never seen such a a large group.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Looking at the satellite, it looks as though the main band is starting to move in an easterly direction, rather than north east, as was forecast. Just hope it keeps up the intensity!

Edit: Although the radar suggests otherwise...

Edited by jamesslater123abc

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Does not feel humid or warm here! Wind is still nne

Will change to east then east south east tomorrow 7am+ :D :D

Finally, awful wind that ne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Just back from the ealing festival. Was boiling hot for a time in the afternoon in direct sunlight, quite a few sweaty folks with not much on. but the evening was v pleasant, weather wise anyhow.. Not so hot inside tonight either. Good!

Happy Monday folks!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

17.4c here in Benfleet/South Essex, humidity is now up to 99%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-11488500-1374451785_thumb.j

Looks like things are going to get a bit busy here over the next 24/48 hours....so lets have a nice new fresh thread ...

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77319-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-22nd-july-2013-onwards/

locking this one now and going to bed !

Edited by MKsnowangel