Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
Please use this thread for your regional weather chat and meteorological malarkey! 

Here's the old one:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76816-the-midlands-regional-discussion-1st-june-2013-onwards/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

D R L, This will help you find your way......http://www.solihull.gov.uk/Images/content/malvernbrueton.jpg

This is my park, Elmdon park, I open my back gate and i walk straight on to it....Hilly as well great for sledging Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

D R L, This will help you find your way......http://www.solihull.gov.uk/Images/content/malvernbrueton.jpg

Yep, that's the one! Where it says Local Nature Reserve is the entrance - well found Dancer Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Thanks a lot for that. Does look very pretty. :)

Must admit, the temperature outside does seem more warmer than I thought today. Was kinda thinking it would get to around 25*C at best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

29c again today. :)

Posted

Just before five hit.... 29.4c, Not far off Saturday values, Saturday felt a lot hotter or am i just getting used to this heat Posted Image

Posted

Just before five hit.... 29.4c, Not far off sundays values, Sunday felt a lot hotter or am i just getting used to this heat Posted Image

lol I just compared today with this time last year, a whopping max of 18.4c phew how did we survive???!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

suprised at only 27.1°C max, felt like warmest day for 7 years today,

great stat Bish! want those days back, i survived ace

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted

Cloud completely melted away by lunchtime, clear and lovely this afternoon, less humid than recently to though the humidity back on the rise now, temperature peaked very late today just half an hour ago, at 26.1c.

Amazing 12z GFS, pretty incredible how this heat just keeps upgrading, the only ingredient missing thus far is thunderstorms which the 12z would bring!

Edited by conor123

Posted

Just before five hit.... 29.4c, Not far off sundays values, Sunday felt a lot hotter or am i just getting used to this heat Posted Image

For me, I think that Saturday has felt the hottest so far. I was at the Athletics in Birmingham, and it felt proper hot!

Posted

For me, I think that Saturday has felt the hottest so far. I was at the Athletics in Birmingham, and it felt proper hot!

THANKS!!!!, For pointing that out for me, I ment Saturday not Sunday and yes your dead right Saturday was so hot and sticky there was just no air (breeze). Thanks againPosted Image.

Posted

Gfs 18z is just as hot as ecm 12z, some serious heat. considering temps have in general been hotter than forecast im betting we will breach the july record of 36.5c this year, and maybe if we get a low pressure west of iberia the hotter air and uppers from the med/africa will get pumped up here and possibly break the all time record? although with the hot air being pumped up the humidity will be unbarable for some! tell me if im on the wrong lines, cheers

Circa 16C uppers usually means business..add another twenty and I think we get the gist :) or near on temps nearer the ground...

We were talking not too long ago about heat spikes - gradually becoming more a case of heat is on..burning burning burning the heat is on! It's on the street :) the heat is....boom boom boom ON :)

Posted

Circa 16C uppers usually means business..add another twenty and I think we get the gist :) or near on temps nearer the ground...We were talking not too long ago about heat spikes - gradually becoming more a case of heat is on..burning burning burning the heat is on! It's on the street :) the heat is....boom boom boom ON :)

maybe if ecm went further out these uppers would be higher?

Posted

Gfs 18z is just as hot as ecm 12z, some serious heat. considering temps have in general been hotter than forecast im betting we will breach the july record of 36.5c this year, and maybe if we get a low pressure west of iberia the hotter air and uppers from the med/africa will get pumped up here and possibly break the all time record? although with the hot air being pumped up the humidity will be unbarable for some! tell me if im on the wrong lines, cheers

"The wrong lines" no way your bang the money ....... The next few days will be around the 30c mark,

That,s hot enough for most but looking at the GFS 18z and the EMC 12z for next week looks very very hot .

The models this evening indicate records maybe broke next week.

Posted

best empty the fridge Posted Image

Best go and hire an Air-conditioning unit, come next week there won't be any of this Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

30c+ with a big pool and a holiday atmosphere, happy enough. 30c+ in a boiling hot house struggling to sleep having had 2 weeks+ of hot sticky and unbearable nights AND the worry of an elderly grandparent living in the house - I'll pass. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Serious heat next week. Could be looking at 30-35c every day.