Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2013: thoughts, prospects and forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

20.3c in Darlo with ample sunshine

Don't forget though the south is still under the warmer air whilst the north isn't

Yes, and it will rain all day tomorrow! Could use it though as the grass is starting to turn yellowy again..

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yes, and it will rain all day tomorrow! Could use it though as the grass is starting to turn yellowy again..

all day fri and possibly very showery on sat, roll on the cold temps and cold weather i say much more enjoyable 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

This summer is now starting to linger like a bad smell.

Like winter did... until June!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Like winter did... until June!

It didn't though, Winter ended after the first third of April. Sunshine and warmth were plentiful throughout the rest of the month IMBY, which is why it only returned a slightly below average CET figure. It was the coldest first week of April for the CET since 1922! I remember it being 2.x at some point in that first week. For it to recover to just a -0.4C anomaly says something about the warmth that proceeded. May didn't feature much snow or frost anywhere in Britain I seem to recall, and June most certainly didn't. The first ten days of June were warm and sunny with clear skies almost non stop. If snow and frost were features right up to the end of June then I would agree with you! But the fact is there wasn't!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It didn't though, Winter ended after the first third of April. Sunshine and warmth were plentiful throughout the rest of the month IMBY, which is why it only returned a slightly below average CET figure. It was the coldest first week of April for the CET since 1922! I remember it being 2.x at some point in that first week. For it to recover to just a -0.4C anomaly says something about the warmth that proceeded. May didn't feature much snow or frost anywhere in Britain I seem to recall, and June most certainly didn't. The first ten days of June were warm and sunny with clear skies almost non stop. If snow and frost were features right up to the end of June then I would agree with you! But the fact is there wasn't!

I agree April was a month of improvements not that it could have got much worse mind the CET for April came in -0.4 below the Anomaly at 7.5 where as March was colder than December, January and February combined when it came -3.0c below the Anomaly at just 2.7

If I remember correctly December 2012 was around 0.6 above average

January was just below at -0.3

February was also just below at -0.6

6 months in a row were below normal this year with July the first to break the rot spectacularly followed August and now September is running 1.7 above normal

Posted

Northolt was at 28.5c as of 15:00 according to the met office

Heathrow is the hottest place as of 15:00 at 28.8c

Unofficially 29c has been hit at, London City Airport, Northolt and a few other locations across London and the SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

No they were not in this neck of the woods! More like cold, cloudy & a bone chilling NEly wind non-stop. June was not a warm month and with only brief nice periods in the 3rd week then again in the final week.

No it wasn't wintry until June but certainly is was never warm during the whole of spring. Besides my comment referred to summer 'lingering' yet its only 5th September. If we make it to October 10th and we are still in sunshine & temps around 18-20c then slowly dropping to say 13-16c then to 10-13c until mid December we'll have the equivalent of this past spring.

Posted

Thankfully the weather doesn't work in rotas, so hopefully it'll  become very cold and snowy by November.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I'm enjoying this, we might not see the likes of this warmth until next May or June!

Mind, I'm looking forward to the cold and rain as well, but this sun has been glorious, temperature dropping now- very autumnal week really. Warm, sunny, and turning to cool, wet and windy. Active stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Even the temps tomorrow and weekend are still Fab in the high teens for many, last year we would have called that summer.

I have no idea what happens next though as I have not looked yet.

Posted

Confirmed hottest September day since 2006 and right within my prediction - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77189-autumn-2013-thoughts-prospects-and-forecasts/?p=2781096

It's reached 30.4 °C in Frittenden, Kent today. This makes it the hottest September day since 2006

• Like 1

Posted

Confirmed hottest September day since 2006 and right within my prediction - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77189-autumn-2013-thoughts-prospects-and-forecasts/?p=2781096

It's reached 30.4 °C in Frittenden, Kent today. This makes it the hottest September day since 2006

Well done!..... Wait 'til the global warming nutjacks get a hold of this.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well done!..... Wait 'til the global warming nutjacks get a hold of this.

Or, even those who think the globe is cooling...Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

lets hope this is the last of the hottest day till next june, july and august. It's time we start to get some proper autumn weather. Its been a beautyful summer i hope we get a beautyful winter to go with lots of snow and cold.

• Like 1

Posted

Or, even those who think the globe is cooling...Posted Image

Or those who think every weather event is caused by global warming, global cooling or whatever else.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

gw is happening? Where its only the poppets like the met who is funded by the govenment who r banging on about that trash. The sad thing is that those scientests who don't agree with all scaire munggering fulls they get discredited ificialy and on weather forums like this1.

• Like 2

Posted

Not wanting to open a can of worms, but global warming IS happening...

Mods, please stop all this global warming/cooling discussion, it makes my blood boil and is also off topic! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

It seems very extreme heat in September was much more common either side of 1900 and during the 1940's. The last September day to reach 32C was 1949, but between 1900 and 1949 it happened in six separate years! 1906 and 1911 must have been incredible to experience.

http://www.dandantheweatherman.com/Bereklauw/Septwarm.htm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Mods, please stop all this global warming/cooling discussion, it makes my blood boil and is also off topic! 

Don't get so hot under the collar just chillout man !!!

Whoops.... i think there's warming/cooling in there somewherePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

That could be the last 30c plus day now for the year the next chance of getting this sort of heat is probably April onwards which is when the days start at the same length as today before getting longer as the month progresses

We can't complain 3 months in a row now where 30c plus was recorded

Now what were looking at realistically is pleasant days with temperatures in the low to mid 20's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Our long range experts go for a 60% chance of a above average Autumn in the Eastern Alps. They have a excellent record over the past 15 months. They predicted the following successfully :

Summer.. 2012 .. above average ( mod confidence )

Autumn....2012..  well above average ( high confidence )     

Winter .....2013..  colder than average ( mod/high confidence )

Spring .... 2013..  colder than average ( high confidence )

Summer   2013  ..Hotter than average (mod confidence )

Autumn ...2013..  Warmer than average ( moderate/high confidence )

Moderate confidence is in the range of 50 - 60 %, Low less than 50 %, high above 60%.

of course this has no outcome on the mostly maritime climate of the uk.

c

Posted

Today has been such a relief. Finally temperatures are perfectly useable and comfortable. It's currently 16.5C, overcast, a little dark, damp, with a little rain now and then. Basically optimum conditions for me at this time of year. Looking forward to more of this.

• Like 2