IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Sat24 is showing quite alot activity in France moving North

Netweather detector:

post-6667-0-61619800-1371720728_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Not sure their performance has been a yardstick for the last 24 hours though.....

And that in a nutshell is what we are paying for! If i took the radar grab to the local primary school i'm sure one of them could produce a simuler forecast,and probably have performed at the same level as our forecasting agencys over the last few days.Get a bunch of weather fridge magnets and have a guess at what might happen via the interactive board,year 4 vs Ukmo.

Posted

Morning all,

Temp low compared to yesterday at 17c. Low grey mucky cloud and getting darker by the minute.

Humidity sitting at 82%

Thundery headache finally gone after 2 days so thats a bonus :D

Posted

Mind you, the Met O forecast wasn't specific about when we would see anything for today, just from the 'early hours' and even then adding a caveat about certainty:

Issued at: 

1142 on Wed 19 Jun 2013
Valid from: 
0005 on Thu 20 Jun 2013
Valid to: 
2355 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

There is a low risk of isolated thunderstorms breaking out across southeast England, East Anglia and the east Midlands during Thursday from the early hours onwards giving some intense downpours. These could give 15-20 mm of rain within an hour and 40 mm within 3 hours very locally. However many places could stay dry. 

The public should be aware of the risk of localised surface water flooding.

An unstable, warm and humid airmass originating from the continent  will cover the region during Thursday. In these situations, developments are very finely balanced as to whether heavy showers or thunderstorms will break out or not.  Although many places may miss the worst, where thunderstorms do occur they could give some locally torrential downpours.

Posted

High cloud here in Uxbridge, thin enough to create a bit of shadow and allow the sun to pop through from time to time; the haze in the distance across to the M40 and beyond is much heavier today than yesterday with the countryside further away obscured.

A bit conflicted about the storm activity. I love storms, as does my son aged 13, but tonight is 'our' night when he had planned to buy our fave sandwiches from Subway and go for a picnic in the green area at Stockley Park, before a drink from Costa and then off to special needs judo. Will a cracking storm make up for it? Possibly. Hmmm, well, any storm had better be cracking if it's going to ruin the picnic!

Posted

I'd be shocked if we didn't see any today, seems near on certain now, which means that's the entire day ruined.

Roll on the ******* winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well after yesterday's beautiful sunshine and warmth, today is looking pretty uninspiring. 50 shades of grey and not the exciting kind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clouding over after a bright morning. It's coming......perhaps Posted Image

Posted

Just looked at the radar, that looks like quite some rainfall coming into the far south east now; let's hope the lightning over the 'other' side makes it to 'our' side as well. Of course carefully avoiding the homes of those who don't like thunderstormsPosted Image

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Chucking it down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Not sure their performance has been a yardstick for the last 24 hours though.....

Yeah...I'll believe it when I actually SEE it over the house. :) Mornin each. Boring night, boring morning.....weather is booooooooring. :( I'm becoming increasingly frustrated and bitterly disappointed with these French storms and channels and things. Have a good day everyone. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I had to get up early today as I couldn't stand staying in bed any longer as my room felt like a fernace, I had to jump in the shower to cool off. Thats what you get though when you forget to open a window before you go to sleep ha.I have noticed over the past few years that late June seems to be a good time for some thunderstorms, we had a cracker in June 2011 during Wimbledon and in 2009 we also had great one in late june.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just popped out for my lunch in Croydon and its just started raining. Looking very gloomy to our E/S.E.

If any of you are off to Ascot for ladies day, hope you have a lovely afternoon and make sure you back a few winners.

No topical tips from me today, Coast is your man!

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

Posted

No topical tips from me today, Coast is your man!

Not really! I'll go for a huge outsider based on the way I did that one the other day. So it's the race after the big one at Royal Ascot, The 16.25 Britannia stakes and:

Because we didn't get one overnight!! 

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

As an aside, myself and at least two other NW members will be going for a drink on 27th July (Saturday evening) in a pub called the Fishermans Return, located in Winterton on Sea, on the Norfolk coast, a few miles north of Great Yarmouth. Posted Image

Everyone welcome to join us. Posted Image

Absolutely, we can't guarantee the weather but there will be some good food, company and plenty of ale on offer...and you never know there might even be a storm chase Norfolk stylie too  !

http://www.fishermansreturn.com/index.html