Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Don't know the temperature.... but I do know its hot!! I would say too hot for me.... Looks like we have a cold front in a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

25.6c ..Down a degree from Yesterday....

Posted

Have other parts of the region got a brisk, even strong, gusting Easterly breeze? Or maybe it's just here on the Western side of Salisbury Plain. Not taking any edge off the heat though.

Posted

N. Easterly  Breeze 8.6 kmh. 25.9c. sunny.

Posted

21.3c. Humidity 42%. Breeze N. East 9.2km/h Sunny...

Posted

Lovely summers day again today, although more cloud than recent days, but thats not going to ruin things to much. Temp 24.9°C, RH 55%, Dew P 16°C.

Posted

Cloud and sunshine..24.3c

Posted

Gorgeous again Posted Image Temperature is 26.4C

Hi Sunnysouthcoast, I got 27C here in Drayton today and it has maxed between 28C-30C since Sunday, similar to local official readings ... it's serious heatwave down here in the Solent! When it's sunny and the winds are from the North-East, you need to add a couple of degrees down here to the temperatures elsewhere, no forecasts including the MO seem to reflect this!

Posted

Hi Sunnysouthcoast, I got 27C here in Drayton today and it has maxed between 28C-30C since Sunday, similar to local official readings ... it's serious heatwave down here in the Solent! When it's sunny and the winds are from the North-East, you need to add a couple of degrees down here to the temperatures elsewhere, no forecasts including the MO seem to reflect this!

Hi Posted Image Yes Solent Met Station was warmest in the UK again today with 28.1C & just had its 4th day in a row of +28C temperatures. Here in the city it has been a bit higher, was 28.5C today & have hit just over 30C too Posted Image The forecasts always under do the temperatures in these set ups, the forecast high for today was 26C for example. It really has been the Costa Del Solent these last few days Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Awesome conditions on Cornwall the last 2 days. Car thermometer was reading 23c even at lands end today! 24-27 has been typical between east Cornwall and Falmouth.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Scorchio. It does make smile though when recently, certain folk in the MOD thread attempted to pick out cloud amounts and the corresponding peak Temperatures at such long-range. Yes, they may be doing it by sound analysis of the various model output but my guess is that these models haven't a handle on how this heat wave could develop. I often go on gut feeling and I'm thinking certain prone locations could end up with several days of Air Temperatures in the low to mid 30s with much more oppressive nights than the above currently suggests. Past weather patterns often give you a good idea of what to expect in the future and you couldn't rule out a very localised daytime storm or two in the long-term either.

Well it's not really fair to requote myself but as we're a week in from the above post, I thought I would confirm my thoughts on this current spell. For a time earlier this week, the models had suggested a probable breakdown, at the time I didn't buy into that scenario and I still don't. My second highlighted comment in blue is certainly on the cards now over the coming weeks, the first shot being this very weekend, with Saturday looking a good day to hit 90F in specific prone locations. On the storm front, things look pretty quiet to be fair but one will have to keep an eye on day to day developments as these could pop up quite unexpectedly given favourable conditions. Now, I'm about to make a brave and bold prediction, I can largely see the whole of July persisting with well above normal daytime Temperatures with just occasionally cooler spells by night. The longevity of this spell is rather fascinating, to be fair.

This was my status update from last weekend when my gut feeling was ruling over what the models were saying.

No pattern change in the reliable is what counts and that won't change IMO. This has the makings of a good long largely settled spell IMHO. It'll be extended further out into FI if anything come Monday's more reliable model runs, again alll IMHO.

It turns out I was absolutely correct and the models were wrong. They have now eventually delivered the goods, courtesy of the last few runs.

Enjoy the sunshine guys and gals, this spell is going to run and run. Posted Image 

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Well, last night's chilly wind took many of us by surprise, especially as we stood alongside The Thames being serenaded by melodies from The Beach Boys! I believe temperatures plummeted to around 11c! Brrr! But they still give out those... Good Vibrations!

Tonight, tunes from Jamie Cullum and on Friday, Madness! You've gotta love The Henley Festival but do wrap up for the twilight light hours!

Edited by Iggy912

Posted

The Hampshire and Dorset coasts alway seems to get the best temps when theres a north easterly but its true the BBC don't tend to predict this in their forecasts.  

Today its a bit cooler but the skies are gin clear and deep blue, just about perfect!!

Posted

Now the 7th day of almost maximum sunshine, just some scattered Cumulus Friday to Sunday, low cloud for an hour early Tuesday and broken low cloud until around 08.00 today when it burned off in no time.

Much fresher feeling today so I doubt we'll see the 26c which has been the lowest maximum so far this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Much more comfortable for working in today personally speaking.

Fresh breeze just keeping a lid on the strong sun. No end in sight for our part of the world either. July looks like being extremely dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Much more comfortable for working in today personally speaking.

Fresh breeze just keeping a lid on the strong sun. No end in sight for our part of the world either. July looks like being extremely dry.

Posted Image Aside from an almighty localised Thunderstorm centred directly above Bristol on the -- July 2013. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Was a cool cloudy start.. Now pleasant enough outside on the patio...22.4c  Humidity 44%..Pressure 1026.9 hpa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Bit cooler but the sun was fierce after all the cloud burnt away - gone red through some factor 15 today. I'm liking this weather a lot, but I'm hedge cutting and lawn mowing all day tomorrow and I'm not used to the sun after a year of rain then very cold.... Very curious how long this might last, it's like the early nineties again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just reading some local news and there was a wildfire across Salisbury plain, started at the MOD depot at Larkhill yesterday.

Wonder if the heat played a part?

Posted

After a cloudy, cooler start, the first breaks in the cloud are just appearing now. 

Here's to another corker.