Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

Doing it for since 1959 (1959-2012) gives us an empirical upper bound climate sensitivity estimate of 2.22oC for a doubling of 280ppm.

Current consensus is around 3C +/- 1.5C, here

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Thats just ridiculous, It assumes that all warming has been caused by CO2 and it ignores every other variable.

Not quite. Look at post number 98 by Sparkicle on the previous page.

Though I think that will please you even less!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Joe B an eminent meteorologist , reflects the fact that back in 2009 the 2 meter global temps would fall, amongst a lot of mockery etc. Info from, ncep cfsr /cfsv2 global 2 meter temperature anomaly. From http://www.weatherbell.com

Edited by pottyprof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Joe B an eminent meteorologist , reflects the fact that back in 2009 the 2 meter global temps would fall, amongst a lot of mockery etc. Info from, ncep cfsr /cfsv2 global 2 meter temperature anomaly. From http://www.weatherbell.com

Wasn't 2009 the warmest ever recorded? Edited by pottyprof

Posted

Well. I thought it was 1998 as the benchmark!!??

Edited by pottyprof

Posted

By most accounts (GISS, HadCRUT4) to warmest years on record are 2010, 2005 then 1998.

I think only on UAH has 1998 still the warmest, but then UAH has the highest rate of warming since 1998.

Edited by pottyprof

Posted

I think I'll stick to producing methane!Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I think I'll stick to producing methane!Posted Image

Well keep eating lots of Beef and throwing away your rubbish!!!

Posted

Top ten annual anomlies (HadCRUT4)

2010 0.540
2005 0.536
1998 0.523
2003 0.498
2006 0.492
2009 0.490
2002 0.487
2007 0.478
2004 0.440
2012 0.435
Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 3

Posted

Thats just ridiculous, It assumes that all warming has been caused by CO2 and it ignores every other variable.

You have to remember two things. This places an empirical upper bound on climate sensitivity due to CO2 of 2.22oC under the assumption that 2007 climate drivers list is accurate and correct and that the effect is linear. Both assumptions are, as far as I know, untrue, with recent IPCC leaks placing a greater weight on enhanced solar forcing (beyond TSI) and feedbacks and feedforwards are not accounted for. (EDIT: of course they are! by definition they are included in the observational record!)

Also remember that this is change in temperature from 280ppm to 560ppm; we've only just hit 400ppm, so there's a long looong way to go yet. We've added 120ppm since the industrial revolution, and to get to 560ppm we need to add another 160ppm. We're not even half-way there yet.

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

Top ten annual anomlies (HadCRUT4)

2010 0.540
2005 0.536
1998 0.523
2003 0.498
2006 0.492
2009 0.490
2002 0.487
2007 0.478
2004 0.440
2012 0.435

That means Joe B was, surprise, surprise, wrong again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That means Joe B was, surprise, surprise, wrong again...

Yep. Still blasting a way on twitter about how we are all blind at the thought of climate change, when his statements are far from the truth....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Why are all those top ten temps in this period of global cooling???? How can that be right?

Edited by pottyprof

Posted

Why are all those top ten temps in this period of global cooling???? How can that be right?

The anomalies are compared to an historic period, rather than the period in which they occurred. If you look, the anomalies themselves are relatively consistent, i.e. the temperature was largely flat. Edited by pottyprof

Posted

Thanks to Sparkicle and BFTV for explaining the CO2 temperature problem in a way that puts most climate sites to shame.

Many thanks guys. Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

But 2010 was in fact warmer than 2009. So why, apart from obfuscation, is Joe B blethering on about explaining the 'fall'?? If said 'fall' hasn't actually occurred, what's the point in 'explaining' it!

Posted

Thanks to Sparkicle and BFTV for explaining the CO2 temperature problem in a way that puts most climate sites to shame.

Many thanks guys. Posted Image

No worries :) I think it's useful to make the mistakes (from me) public, and work through them. It exposes method, thought processes etc etc etc. And, hopefully, helps out a few people along the way.

• Like 3

Posted

And then they say it's not about money?

http://www.carbonwarroom.com/

I agree with the ideas but wouldn't it be better if they did this kind of thing regardless of climate change?

This site is from a guy who likes to pump hydrocarbon exhaust fumes directly into the higher reaches of the atmosphere. He has also increased this by adding more flights throughout the US. Sorry Richard but I've no interest in hypocrites.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

I noticed a link that hasn't been posted on here,it is about the latest climbdown from the global warming movement, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22567023

Does anyone else get the impression that the global warming house of cards is about to collapse?

I can only imagine that they will point to this in a few years time and say, Look yes we where off, but only a little.

I've heard people say so many times on here that the the science is settled,

Well it doesn't seem like it to me!

Edited by pottyprof
  • Like 3

Posted

I noticed a link that hasn't been posted on here,it is about the latest climbdown from the global warming movement, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22567023

Does anyone else get the impression that the global warming house of cards is about to collapse?

I can only imagine that they will point to this in a few years time and say, Look yes we where off, but only a little.

I've heard people say so many times on here that the the science is settled,

Well it doesn't seem like it to me!

The science is largely settled, in so far as we know CO2 is a greenhouse gas and its increase has contributed to at least most of the warming since the mid 20th century.

There is of course uncertainty in a few areas, such as in how sensitive the climate is to CO2. 

Your link doesn't suggest a climb down (global warming movement? what are you trying to imply with that?). It just suggests the atmospheric warming may not be as fast over the next few decades, but in the long run, there is no real change to recent predictions. If many studies come out that back up this viewpoint, then it may become more established, but in the long run, it's consistent with the IPCC predictions.

There will be changes within the scientific understanding of climate. This doesn't mean that every one that suggests things might not be too bad is a climb down. Similarly, not every study that suggests things could be worse has to be politicised lefty propaganda. Viewing the scientific publication in a more neutral stance will help to see past the real politicised propaganda.

But if you read about the study via WUWT or conversely, some climate catastrophist blog page, you will end up a horribly distorted viewpoint of what the study actually invovled and the meaning of its conclusions (not saying you do, thunderman24, but in general)

Edited by pottyprof
  • Like 3