Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Evening all. There are actually some pretty good photo's of the 'sea fog/fret/haar' which affected parts of the South Coast today on the Daily Fail website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320103/Britains-blazing-Bank-Holiday-Sunseekers-country-flock-waters-edge-enjoy-temperatures-high-22-2C.html

According to one of the captions Brighton is on the east coast though.....??!!  Shockingly bad newspaper, and not just for weather stories.

Here in Northwood the cloud dispersed as the afternoon wore on, and it reached a very pleasant 21.7c. Hope you all had a good weekend. hi.gif

Thanks for this BB, I never knowingly look at the Daily Fail but I have to say there are some great photos there, including some of Brighton in the fog.  It was eerie but rather beautiful early today, the lonely cry of the foghorn, the inability to see the sea from our seafront flat, though you could still hear it breathing in and out, the moments when it almost cleared and the sun lit the water droplets and made them vividly bright and nearly transparent.  Back in Reigate now I am sitting by the improvised patio heater and the sky is darkening but still full of light to the west.  Our trees that are slowly coming to life have been abundant with pale green leaves today but those leaves are now black against the pale and fading night sky, by the morning they will be green and alive again but for now they are dark and still. 

I do love this time of year more than any other.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Glad to hear you all enjoying your bh.

Myself I was rather disappointed to start.

The cloud only disappeared here at about 4pm.

I actually got my washing in at one point because it started to lightly spit and went very grey.

However the joint dinner al fresco with the neighbours was lovely as the sun came out by then.

So all was good.

Let's hope we stay in double figures now???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Was that our summer then? Seems like its going to change with cooler temps and rain later in week. *sigh* We could've at least had some thunder to finish the weekend. :(

Posted

Thanks for this BB, I never knowingly look at the Daily Fail but I have to say there are some great photos there, including some of Brighton in the fog.  It was eerie but rather beautiful early today, the lonely cry of the foghorn, the inability to see the sea from our seafront flat, though you could still hear it breathing in and out, the moments when it almost cleared and the sun lit the water droplets and made them vividly bright and nearly transparent.  Back in Reigate now I am sitting by the improvised patio heater and the sky is darkening but still full of light to the west.  Our trees that are slowly coming to life have been abundant with pale green leaves today but those leaves are now black against the pale and fading night sky, by the morning they will be green and alive again but for now they are dark and still. 

I do love this time of year more than any other.

The lonely cry of the foghorn? Brighton still has a foghorn? You lucky things; according to BBC's "Coast" they were all switched off years ago.

Posted

Evening all

Early evening BBQ now finished, 2 youngest children in bed, I'm now sitting outside having filled the BBQ with kindling and then a few small logs and the result is a mini patio heater burning away as I sip at a glass of red.  Noisy blackbirds are doing their own version of The Voice, there have been a couple of very good ones that I would happily accept on to my team.  No wind, pale blue sky brushed with slowly dispersing contrails and, to the west, silvery hints of cirrus with a pink tinge reminding us that the sun has only just gone.

AS

Our barbie caught fire - husband's birthday pressie from some friends, shall we tell them...?! Glorious sunny end to the day, doggie stroll at 8.30pm smelt fab with all the blossoms. Bought my 'summer wardrobe' in Kingston this aft where everyone was out in summer gear for the May Merrie, so that's summer done for then! Muggy evening indoors but very cool in the garden.

Edit; just been out in the garden with the dog; grass is all dewy underfoot and barbie still has orange coals. Bit of a brazier for the foxes then.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

The lonely cry of the foghorn? Brighton still has a foghorn? You lucky things; according to BBC's "Coast" they were all switched off years ago.

http://www.brightonmarina.co.uk/find-us/find-us-by-sea.aspx

Posted

As I said, you lucky thing! I used to get lulled to sleep by the Beachy Head one on foggy nights as a child - not any more sadly. The two every thirty seconds sounds remarkably like the pattern of the Beachy Head one, come to think of it. Is it a Trinity House run one or one that the locals have set up to add to safety?

Posted

PPVM89.gif?31415

PPVO89.gif?31415

dry.png

not impressed but will update these tomorrow

both look wet and chilly

12_UKMet_H500_PSL_96_144.gif?31415

good thing is sunday looks nice drinks.gif

Posted

As I said, you lucky thing! I used to get lulled to sleep by the Beachy Head one on foggy nights as a child - not any more sadly. The two every thirty seconds sounds remarkably like the pattern of the Beachy Head one, come to think of it. Is it a Trinity House run one or one that the locals have set up to add to safety?

Hi CR, I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid, although  I suspect the Marina people set it up to protect their sailing customers and add to the safety credentials of their businesssmile.png

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all !!

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76552-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-7th-may-2013/

Edited by MKsnowangel