Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th April 2013 onwards

snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good morning everyone.

The rain woke me several times last night it was so heavy.

The sun is actually trying very hard to break through but have very thick cloud cover. Will be running for cover this afternoon if those thunderstorms kick off. blush.png

Hi Jan - I'm hoping that the channel will act as a dampener down here, but fingers crossed you miss them as well smile.png  Everybody else who wants them - enjoy them!smile.png good.gif

Happy Birthday to Coast - he is celebrating well for sure! smile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Guest bjaykent

Hi Jan - I'm hoping that the channel will act as a dampener down here, but fingers crossed you miss them as well smile.png  Everybody else who wants them - enjoy them!smile.png good.gif

Happy Birthday to Coast - he is celebrating well for sure! smile.png

Earplugs, curtains closed and a good book for you ladies, I'll be outside looking skyward!wacko.png

p.s oh and Tom of course.

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

Earplugs, curtains closed and a good book for you ladies, I'll be outside looking skyward!wacko.png

p.s oh and Tom of course.

Shopping is the best distraction for me during the daytime when there are proper storms about. The odd rumble is no problem. Its the night time that is most difficultsmile.png

Its interesting though from this time of year onwards seeing how the clouds build up inland and how the coasts can be clear. although it isn't the case today however atm.

It can make for great photograph opportunities looking inland at the towering clouds whilst being able to bask in the sun and blue sky and dry weather. One of the enjoyable aspects of summer from a very IMBY pov - kind of the best of both worldssmile.png

Autumn though is the other way around however...

Edited by Tamara Road

Guest bjaykent

Shopping is the best distraction for me during the daytime when there are proper storms about. The odd rumble is no problem. Its the night time that is most difficultsmile.png

Its interesting though from this time of year onwards seeing how the clouds build up inland and how the coasts can be clear. although it isn't the case today however atm.

It can make for great photograph opportunities looking inland at the towering clouds whilst being able to bask in the sun and blue sky and dry weather. One of the enjoyable aspects of summer from a very IMBY pov - kind of the best of both worldssmile.png

Looking at the radar, you might miss the showers as it stands, not certain about Jan & Tom though, very pleasant and sunny here at the moment but with some dark clouds to the south and west building. At least it is not cold! have heard Willow Warblers and Chiffchaff's singing this morning, so it looks like the migrant birds are finding their way home now.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=50.995&lon=2.709090909090909&z=7&x=521&y=486

Posted

Looking at the radar, you might miss the showers as it stands, not certain about Jan & Tom though, very pleasant and sunny here at the moment but with some dark clouds to the south and west building. At least it is not cold! have heard Willow Warblers and Chiffchaff's singing this morning, so it looks like the migrant birds are finding their way home now.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=50.995&lon=2.709090909090909&z=7&x=521&y=486

I really enjoyed that cold spell for as long as it lasted - it made a change to see a really cold March for once. We rarely see weather like thatsmile.png Now that it has gone, I'm looking for some pleasant sunny, dry and warm weather. That is a weather type that has not been seen for quite a long time. I remember a glorious spell of weather towards the end of May last year that had deep blue skies, brilliant sunshine and temps between about 72 and 77f with a pleasant breeze and low humidity. Perfect late Spring/summer weather for mewub.png  There has been nothing like that sincesad.png

Yes its nice to see the influx of our foreign visiting birds, as well as hear our local and resident birds chirruping and singing. They will soon be getting ready for the nesting season. Hopefully they too can be rewarded with some nice conditions to enjoysmile.png

They can always be drowned out down here by seagulls mind you!rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Whilst giving a sympathetic nod to those of you who dislike thunderstorms I have to say it is looking quite promising here in my neck of the woods. Just need that sun to break through a bit more in the next couple of hours and boooom !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A zone of heavy showers is just passing here. Nothing more though at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very ominous away to the west...Alas, no rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Been away from here for a few days as I've had family staying........Can't believe I've missed wishing Coast a "Fab Holiday" and " Congratulations" for his "50th".........(hope you're having a brilliant time!!)............    

Had rain on and off this morning here but now the sun is trying to make an appearance.........also it's windy..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

with all the excitement of possible storms maybe we should have a new thread...

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

carry on here folks......

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76366-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-12th-april-2013-1300hrs/

locking this one now good.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel