Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

13033000_2806.gif

tasty is that! Anyone got any data on how well NAE has performed this winter?

I don't have the specific data, but unfortunately, not very well! It has had its moments of brilliance, but the met office doesn't rate it very highly. But you never know!

Edited by Joe Levy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I don't have the specific data, but unfortunately, not very well! It has had its moments of brilliance, but the met office doesn't rate it very highly. But you never know!

Yes indeed compare the NAE to the met office chart and you'll see a slight difference....ahem

13033000_2806.gif

13033000_2800.gif

Edited by festivalking

Posted

13033000_2806.gif

tasty is that! Anyone got any data on how well NAE has performed this winter?

It does get things wrong sometimes, but I'd say it's been right more than wrong this winter, and I'd also say it's the best freely available model we have for forecasting within 48 hours.

If it shows the same scenario in the 12Z, it may be on to something. It's a little out of sync with other models at the moment, so hold lightly for now.

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

The morning's welcome sunshine has been and gone... cray.gif to be replaced by heavy skies and an increasing breeze... . Bizarre Spring weather!fool.gif

So, are we due any ppn in these parts (Henley on Thames)? Or indeed, anywhere from Devizes to Westminster on Saturday as I have (mad...blum.gif) friends rowing overnight into Sunday... all in aid of charity though folks!

clapping.gif C'mon Simon and Martin for Marie Curie and Ed and Ben for PTSD. clapping.gif

Edited by Iggy912

Posted

NAE has been rubbish this winter; ironically GFS at short term seems to have been more accurate for precip accuracy, both affect on location and intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Im in Chudleigh at the moment and its gone decidedly cold and cloudy.... Hoping that the NAE verifies!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well I have another snow day in Newbury. I think that is the 11th of the month but I have lost count now so am not that certain. I ventured north of Newbury just the other day over into central Oxfordshire and whilst they haven't had over much snow there with probably 3 inches lying snow at best, there were drifts which had blocked the road up to about 4 maybe 5 feet.

Currently 3.4c and the last date of double-digits Celsius was back on the 8th. More cold to come next week it seems. cold.gif

Blimey O'reilly, Gordon Bennet and all that. search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Well I have another snow day in Newbury. I think that is the 11th of the month but I have lost count now so am not that certain. I ventured north of Newbury just the other day over into central Oxfordshire and whilst they haven't had over much snow there with probably 3 inches lying snow at best, there were drifts which had blocked the road up to about 4 maybe 5 feet.

Currently 3.4c and the last date of double-digits Celsius was back on the 8th. More cold to come next week it seems. cold.gif

Blimey O'reilly, Gordon Bennet and all that. search.gif

Long time no see matey!! it seems the cold will just not let up, A real "will it or wont it" situation IMBY this weekend, still fun times ahead!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Long time no see matey!! it seems the cold will just not let up, A real "will it or wont it" situation IMBY this weekend, still fun times ahead!!

Hello. For you, I think you'll be at the Northernmost edge of the system I guess. For most of us, it will be a no-show I guess. Actually, I am guessing at best as I haven't followed the model outputs other than having picked up on the thoughts from others. Now my internet is back up, I'll occasionally be seen lurking and maybe posting too. hi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Started bright and sunny here this morning but it has since clouded over into another dull and cold day.

Current temperature is 3.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

It does get things wrong sometimes, but I'd say it's been right more than wrong this winter, and I'd also say it's the best freely available model we have for forecasting within 48 hours.

If it shows the same scenario in the 12Z, it may be on to something. It's a little out of sync with other models at the moment, so hold lightly for now.

The 12z gives more snow to northern France and the Channel Islands... LOL 13033012_2812.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, has clouded over quite a bit. We even had a very heavy burst of snow this afternoon right after I started complaining that there wasn't enough snow.... Hmm....

Edited by galacticwarrior

Posted

The 12z gives more snow to northern France and the Channel Islands... LOL 13033012_2812.gif

That'd be my most likely match given the confidence shown by the media outlets that this incoming depression will NOT effect us.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Don't think there is much hope of seeing any of this activity for a week or two either. help.gif Will our crops and food stuffs ever get pollinated this spring?

http://argylesock.wo...13/03/24/12416/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hi guys thanks for the recent domain suggestions for my website. A couple more...

How does

Cornwallandislandsmet.co.uk

Or

Kernowandislandsmet.co.uk

Or

Cornwallandciweather.co.uk

Or

Kernowandcimet.co.uk

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Hello Blizzards,

The only thing I'd suggest is that you might want to choose something that allows for more counties, regions in the future. You really don't want to be switching domains when you start expanding further afield.

If you think you might always be dealing with UK holiday locations, can you come up with anything along those lines? i.e less location and more leisure specific.

john

Posted

Hi guys thanks for the recent domain suggestions for my website. A couple more...

How does

Or

Or

Or

Kernowandcimet.co.uk

No 1 other 3 look v wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hello Blizzards,

The only thing I'd suggest is that you might want to choose something that allows for more counties, regions in the future. You really don't want to be switching domains when you start expanding further afield.

If you think you might always be dealing with UK holiday locations, can you come up with anything along those lines? i.e less location and more leisure specific.

john

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm considering forecasts for Devon too but I don't want too expand beyond that. I want it to be kept purely local and for the far south and southwest. There are plenty other sites for the uk and holiday locations which IMO most of them are probably a flop. I know people really appreciate the localness of the current format and that is how it will stay.

How about swandcimet or swandciweather.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

Deep down I know the snow will miss south Devon. But I am sort of hopeful because..........this time we are not under a met office amber weather warning!

Posted

Found it!!!! :-)

....me too. I thought I was going nuts!

PS There are still some people "over there"!

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

To be honest even though I love winter weather, in my backyard the current spell is just becoming a pain.

The only slightly remarkable thing are the low daytime maxes.

The overnight minima are barely noteworthy.

There is no real likelyhood of any significant snowfall to make the cold weather worth having.

Normally I,d be quite excited to see the number of potential channel lows lining up to our southwest but sadly the block is too strong and they are all going to give the french a snowfest instead.

Posted

How does

Or

Or

Or

Kernowandcimet.co.uk

Not 3 or 4, because it looks like the Channel Islands are being sidelined by being abbreviated, whilst Cornwall/Kernow gets it's full name.