Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted

-4.3'c in Buxton this morning, not bad considering the local news was going for -8'c and lower in places. Completely clear blue skies which should get things warming up somewhat for this Good Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It's a lovely sunny day here 🌞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Game on again????

EDM1-216.GIF?29-12

Cracker of an ens mean chart and exactly the setup at this time of year where pennine areas could still benefit from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I like snow and cold as much as anyone but is there no end to this winter.

FGS it's the start of the cricket season in two weeks and our local ground is still covered with a couple of feet of snow.

Not the slightest sign of buds on the trees in our garden and the Daffs are only just poking through the ground.

This time last year we were cutting the grass, I haven't even seen it for a week now.

Yes it will all melt in time but at this rate and with medium term forecasts showing little in the way of warmth we will still have drifts in May and I wouldn't rule out isolated patches in northern faced gullies into June.

-5.2 here overnight and possibly even colder tonight.

Posted

I like snow and cold as much as anyone but is there no end to this winter.

FGS it's the start of the cricket season in two weeks and our local ground is still covered with a couple of feet of snow.

Not the slightest sign of buds on the trees in our garden and the Daffs are only just poking through the ground.

This time last year we were cutting the grass, I haven't even seen it for a week now.

Yes it will all melt in time but at this rate and with medium term forecasts showing little in the way of warmth we will still have drifts in May and I wouldn't rule out isolated patches in northern faced gullies into June.

-5.2 here overnight and possibly even colder tonight.

I really hope this goes, I am still climbing over 6 ft drifts in my garden to get up to the stables and the dogs are walking on a layer of snow about 3 ft deep in their run. Having said that it feels warm in the sun today so my plants in the poly tunnel may come back to life!

Posted

-1c sunny hardly a cloud in the sky.

Most of snow gone now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I really hope this goes, I am still climbing over 6 ft drifts in my garden to get up to the stables and the dogs are walking on a layer of snow about 3 ft deep in their run. Having said that it feels warm in the sun today so my plants in the poly tunnel may come back to life!

Looking at the latest charts it may have to go to make room for the next lot.

I never thought I would get fed up with snow and want models to downgrade but at this rate if we get a potential snowy breakdown I'd be wishing for a southerly correction.

Anyway apart from the snow and cold it's a lovely day and the weekend is looking much the same.

For the first time in years I may even go down and watch the Coconutters tomorrow.

Posted

Well at least the wind as died down - that's the main issue with how cold it's felt over the last fortnight. When the suns out it feels quite nice, although obviously we could do with a tad increase in temperature.

Here's a few pics at the top of Saddleworth overlooking Dovestones. Still lying snow up there but it could have been so much worse had the Gtr Manchester shadow not took the sting out of the precipitation levels. Carry on east snow cover is deeper. That said there are still some 6ft drifts at this height, though not quite the 20ft monsters drifts had we had the same amounts of snowfall those in Isle of Man/Northern Ireland/North Wales/Cumbria got.

post-727-0-66552700-1364563833_thumb.jpg

post-727-0-87143200-1364563841_thumb.jpg

post-727-0-46591100-1364563843_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well at least the wind as died down - that's the main issue with how cold it's felt over the last fortnight. When the suns out it feels quite nice, although obviously we could do with a tad increase in temperature.

Here's a few pics at the top of Saddleworth overlooking Dovestones. Still lying snow up there but it could have been so much worse had the Gtr Manchester shadow not took the sting out of the precipitation levels. Carry on east snow cover is deeper. That said there are still some 6ft drifts at this height, though not quite the 20ft monsters drifts had we had the same amounts of snowfall those in Isle of Man/Northern Ireland/North Wales/Cumbria got.

Just been out and took some pictures myself before the last of this freaky late winter disappears into a hot dry summer.

We can dream.

As you say conditions further east did seem worse and that shows on some of the pictures I took where moorland of comparable altitude to me east and south looked to have more snow remaining than that to my west.

Although much of the snow has now gone, certainly at lower levels around here the little used lanes and minor roads are still blocked and look like they could remains so for a while yet.

I'll try and upload a couple of pictures later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76250-north-west-regional-discussion-29th-march-2013-1400hrs/

Edited by MKsnowangel