Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 10/03/13 09z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Belting heavy snaw showers this morning and still sub-zero, too, so the fresh stuff is lying readily.

Currently -1.4ºC/-3ºC and we're still having a whiteyoot.

Best March cauld spell for a long time.

Posted

That blizzard was a thing of beauty, its just tailing off here now. This day could have been lifted straight out of the 2010 Nov/Dec spell, its as good as that.

Still going here so far. My favourite 10 minutes of weather this winter/spring! Unreal.

EDIT: Judging by the radar it's pretty much saved it's best for last! Few more flurries maybe.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye, it may not be the last snow we see this spring, but I'd wager we won't get another high quality day like this until next winter (if we're lucky).

Just perfect in every way really. And in mid-March !

Still going here so far. My favourite 10 minutes of weather this winter/spring! Unreal.

EDIT: Judging by the radar it's pretty much saved it's best for last! Few more flurries maybe.

Posted

Being greedy now but what are the chances of squeezing an ice day out of this too? Temp been 0c or below for close to 20hours now. Sun might have other ideas this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Edinburgh park just got completely pasted.

bang huge streamer and complete whiteout..

Easily best snow if the winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

That blizzard was a thing of beauty, its just tailing off here now. This day could have been lifted straight out of the 2010 Nov/Dec spell, its as good as that.

That was what I was thinking of this morning, out in it - that it felt like the Good Old Days of 2010-11.... *wistful sigh*

Posted

Looks like i've just got home in time as cloud is really blowing in from the east again

Posted

I'm sure you're right, we'll probably hit 2 or 3C if the sun comes out. In saying that I see that Edinburgh Airport has just posted -1C at noon, so not too shabby. There'll be evidence of this snow lying about here for a few days. Princess St gardens are basically north facing and the West gardens in particular (parts shaded by the castle rock) will keep some of this snow over the next few days for sure.

Going to be a bloody cold night. If skys clear and wind drops... could be a very decent minimum.

Being greedy now but what are the chances of squeezing an ice day out of this too? Temp been 0c or below for close to 20hours now. Sun might have other ideas this afternoon.

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The airport is already up to 0C as of 12pm so probably not, though your location might just be able to squeeze one out with that extra bit of altitude.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Bored at work, so thought i'd pop in:)

There have been some lovely showers here interspersed with lovely lovely snow.

Roads very slushy, DH managed to get over to Fife this morning before the bypass gridlocked. Think he may have trouble getting home tonight though! How are things in Fife folks?

Good tae here that the Edinburgurs are having a late but decent Snaw Day at last clapping.gif

Duno aboot Fife at the moment, but it was -6 Deg C with an inch or so O' Snaw on the ground when I left for work at 7.45am this

morning. good.gif

Big Innes

Posted

Reminds me of one of the easterly days in Dec 2010 when forecast had said we'd get little or nothing... there are times when it *seems* like the estuary acts quite locally to bottle things up like this and keeps it coming.

Although I could just be talking sh*te obviously !

Looks like i've just got home in time as cloud is really blowing in from the east again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Lomond What are the Chances This wil Contuine overnight again in west Lothian?

Unlikely, winds turning more northerly into the afternoon and evening and showers dying out away from the north, some ridiculously low temperatures possible though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Boom another whiteout here, not looking forward to traffic jam on way back home later this afternoon !

Posted

http://trafficscotland.org/map/?x=270000&y=755000&scale=5348388&itemtypeids=26

Rare to see Drumochter being one of the few spots without any snow cover.

Posted

I think yesterday may mark the start of a notable cold spell, especially given the time of year. Yesterdays upper temps will obviously be hard to better but no big warm up seems on the cards. A lot of parts got snow cover and there will be a hard frost tonight that will have a small impact/reductions on temperatures the rest of the week. The end of the week into the weekend looks really interesting for Scotland with pressure falling and colder uppers moving in again, the chance of more prolonged snow showers looks possible. Looks like winter could go out with a bang rather than a wimper.

Posted

Similtaneous sunshine and blowing snow here just now. BALTIC. Heres Embra University quad about 10 minutes ago...

post-9506-0-62148200-1363008454_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

i hate march only have snow left in the shady bits everything else has melted

Posted

Interesting this morning/afternoon as the sun moves round to watch the full sun areas such as roofs start to melt but as soon as shade arrives icicles start to form and ground freezes again Total cover still in any shaded areas but about 60% in sunny areas. Currently 0c but with such clear skies its going to be very cold tonight.

In spite of the snow it was a very warm job bedding the cattle today no wind now is helping.

Edited by Northernlights