Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Roll call everyone ! is anyone still here? Posted Image ... who got a storm today then ? I got one and am sooo pleased.Posted ImagePosted Image even had a close thunderbolt. So happy I finally got a storm after 7 whole years.Posted ImagePosted Image

OMFG even you got a storm today!! Very pleased for you Jane you have waited long enough!!! Nothing happened in bedford today, again, i think its been atleast 5 years without a proper thunderstorm here :S

• Like 1

Posted

no storms here today just rain bummer. I was hoping for one but no. We have not had a good storm where i live for so long i have forgotten what they are like. A few rumbles and flashes is not a storm in my book and i didn't have any of that today either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

OMFG even you got a storm today!! Very pleased for you Jane you have waited long enough!!! Nothing happened in bedford today, again, i think its been atleast 5 years without a proper thunderstorm here :S

Thanks Dave.Posted Image Maybe your turn before the end of Autumn Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Eastbourne - Still holding the crown as the storm drought capital of the South East.......... Posted Image

It must be why our council tax is so high, we have the deflector shield wound up to maximum all year round!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

I think I'm destined never to see a storm again! Absolutely nothing here in hellford ( new name for telford!) Couple of heavy showers but that was it, good to see Jane finally got one tho. Roll on Xmas now fed up of the no storm season lol!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I'm still in here. Six years and counting now for us. I have SEEN storms this year, but thats only because I've either chased them (10-15 miles or more) or travelled 300 miles and seen them on holiday. For actual storms in Ellesmere Port.............nothing. Yesterday was again a complete and utter joke. Saw the strike map and the Cheshire Triangle is still in force!

Edited by Cloudwatcher
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm still in here. Six years and counting now for us. I have SEEN storms this year, but thats only because I've either chased them (10-15 miles or more) or travelled 300 miles and seen them on holiday. For actual storms in Ellesmere Port.............nothing. Yesterday was again a complete and utter joke. Saw the strike map and the Cheshire Triangle is still in force!

But what takes the biscuit is we still got the moderate nuisance factor showers, whilst the rest of england got multiple storms, and today we still have the nuisance factor drizzle showers whilst the rest of england has decent weather for outdoor activities today, I have just abandoned my 50 mile bike ride as I just cant be bothered in this miserable drizzarable weather

Just to add, this has been the worst year for storms here ever, there have been NO overhead storms at all, just a couple of days have given distant rumbles and a distant lightening show a few weeks ago, RUBBISH

some people (in the usual areas) saw more storms in one day (yesterday) than I have for 2 years

Edited by IanR
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think my membership is growing back!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Posted Image

Eastbourne - Still holding the crown as the storm drought capital of the South East.......... Posted Image

It must be why our council tax is so high, we have the deflector shield wound up to maximum all year round!

Posted Image

Least you got a nice beach to enjoy your yearly 30c+ temps! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Still here, it's been quite amazing how everything has either started just after passing here, skimmed east or west or simply failed to have the legs to make it here when coming from the south. All the while I have seen countless CBs,TCus and other storm-related clouds around so we've definitely been generating things around here. I know good storms are possible in Chester, having had an evening cracker in 2007 (frequent CG lightning, house-shaking thunder) and a good one (torrential rain, multiple strikes and thunder lasting 30 mins or so) last autumn, but not this year so far. In fact the one that did happen here a couple of weeks ago I missed as I was in Stevenage, which had nothing then but probably a rash of storms yesterday!

On another note does anyone remember August 2005 storm-wise? I was in Sunderland at my parents' shop then and saw the most ferocious UK storm I have ever seen. I looked outside at 5pm and was astonished to see a pitch black sky with the street lights on - then from the first flash there were strikes every 1-2 seconds for something between half an hour and an hour with rain seriously flooding the adjacent roundabout (and nearly the shop). The sky was being continuously lit up. The next morning we discovered that over 100,000 people in the city had been without power and there were fires, which was no surprise as strikes were regularly hitting buildings.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Still here from January 2011, last storm was in December 2010 but it was a special one, Thundersnow and pea sized hail.

Posted

Autumns usually good for storms Posted Image try to hang in there people.I did for 7 years and finally got one lolPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Still here. :( Getting a tad despondent now.

Posted

The only glimmer of hope for some crumbs is a very slight chance of seeing some flashes out west tonight, but I think its a long shot that one, not really expecting to see anything TBH, or maybee a rumble or two on Wednesday , but not getting any hopes for that either ...oh well,

Posted

Could be a chance tomorrow Posted Image don't give up yet until at least January.Remember you all may be rewarded with Thunder snow instead Posted Image

Posted

thing is jane, snow here is even more rare than thunder, seeing them both togther is about as likely as me wining the euromillions when i dont even do itPosted Image

this area is a weather vacuum, apart from the mundane stuff, believe me we get plenty of that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Remember when I was about 15, in April, we had some cracking 'thundersnow' from a very heavy snow shower, the thunder was incredibly loud too! Really hoping for a freezing cold winter with prolonged snow events to make up for this year's awful storm activity! Haven't seen half as many storms this year as I do normally, and they have been decreasing really since 2006. I really don't know what is causing this tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well, heard a distant rumble from a couple Sferics near Belfast on Monday evening but didn't see any flashes or have anything remotely close. Does that count?

Posted

thing is jane, snow here is even more rare than thunder, seeing them both togther is about as likely as me wining the euromillions when i dont even do itPosted Image

this area is a weather vacuum, apart from the mundane stuff, believe me we get plenty of that

Posted Image Oh noo you poor thing.Posted ImageGood luck for tomorrow Ian.Posted Image

Posted

Well, heard a distant rumble from a couple Sferics near Belfast on Monday evening but didn't see any flashes or have anything remotely close. Does that count?

I wouldn't say that counts watcher .You need a proper storm... lots of thunder and lightning preferably overhead Posted Image Good luck for tomorrow thoughPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image Oh noo you poor thing.Posted Image

and good luck tomorrow

Remember when I was about 15, in April, we had some cracking 'thundersnow' from a very heavy snow shower, the thunder was incredibly loud too! Really hoping for a freezing cold winter with prolonged snow events to make up for this year's awful storm activity! Haven't seen half as many storms this year as I do normally, and they have been decreasing really since 2006. I really don't know what is causing this tbh.

I wish I knew what was causing this but good luck for tomorrowPosted Image

Posted

Still here, still patiently waiting. If I don't see anything this year it'll be seven stormless years in my part of West Sussex, which frankly is taking the Michael.

You will get one I promise.Posted Image It was my seventh year this year and I got mine.Posted Image

Posted

Thanks Jane! You keep us all going in here me lovely Posted Image

Thing is, I could have seen one last week but I was away.. so frustrated!! Never mind.. just keep waiting and then suddenly... Posted ImagePosted Image

Typical you were away lol..(sods law). but it's really looking good for today.Fingers and everything crossed for you.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

personally speaking I havent seen a storm for 14 months now. Apparently there has been storms, but I have not seen them, or missed them.