Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

OMG!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY PASTING IT DOWN HERE!! IT MUST BE A SUPER CELL INVOLVED HERE!!

ITS A HURRICANE OUT HERE!

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

OMG!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY PASTING IT DOWN HERE!! IT MUST BE A SUPER CELL INVOLVED HERE!!

Rain or snow???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Lol super cell. is it rotating with visible sides too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Rain or snow???

Both. it is so heavy I havnt seen this bad before my life! It just got very very windy I guessing around 60mph gusts in there. Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I thought that I was clutching at straws earlier when all Lancs CC gritter's leaving the Bacup depot had ploughs fitted. But I didn't have to worry as the torrential downpour over the last 10 minutes has now turned to snow..don't think that they'll need the ploughs just yet but it's a start.

Temperature is still on the way down as well, currently 2.8c

Edit now covered outside and still coming down.

Posted

ITS A HURRICANE OUT HERE!

Typical NW type exaggeration, *slapsface* lol.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

I thought that I was clutching at straws earlier when all Lancs CC gritter's leaving the Bacup depot had ploughs fitted. But I didn't have to worry as the torrential downpour over the last 10 minutes has now turned to snow..don't think that they'll need the ploughs just yet but it's a start.

Show pics for us who have nothing lol

Posted

lovely jubbly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

heavy driving rain here.

Posted

I have had the strangest evening. I have three velux windows in my hall ceiling, great for snow watching - at the moment they are covered with a hail snow mix, but when I got home and was getting ready to go out and feed the animals, there was an almightly bang and the sound of falling glass. I thought a mirror had fallen off the wall but it was actually one of the velux windows which had exploded!! Luckily it was only the inside of the double glazing, not the whole unit, but very scary. A friend of my husbands, who owns a local double glazing company came and knocked out the lose glass, but now I am much more wary of looking up at it!

Just looked outside and everything is white, there is a layer of hail and now it it snowing on top!

What a night!

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Still feeling mild and windy here in Knutsford. Temp 6 degrees, dewpoint 1 and 71% humidity our mates at the airport say and I'd agree with them - definitely feels nothing like snow weather out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Fancy a new thread?....Of course you do!.....okey dokey, link to follow, so please finish off any posts, ta! smile.png

Posted

Wind is certainly getting colder here now after the wintry shower I having. I can feel it in my bones.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Yay!

Posted

I have had the strangest evening. I have three velux windows in my hall ceiling, great for snow watching - at the moment they are covered with a hail snow mix, but when I got home and was getting ready to go out and feed the animals, there was an almightly bang and the sound of falling glass. I thought a mirror had fallen off the wall but it was actually one of the velux windows which had exploded!! Luckily it was only the inside of the double glazing, not the whole unit, but very scary. A friend of my husbands, who owns a local double glazing company came and knocked out the lose glass, but now I am much more wary of looking up at it!

Just looked outside and everything is white, there is a layer of hail and now it it snowing on top!

What a night!

freaky that could of been caused by imperfect glass and a temp drop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, new thread here ---------->

locking this one in a mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Radar is showing a lot of heavy showers over Ireland just waiting to head our way.

It looks like it could be a hell of a night for some lucky folk in the region.

Where abouts, we'll know in the morning.

Posted

locked smile.png