Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted

The sun has made an appearance, just before i was going to send out a search party to look for it! whistling.gif

I miss the sun :( looking foward to a change tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

but for 4c is very rare for that to happen the conditions othere than the actual temp need to be 100% perfect

I remember hearing about the 4c limit mentioned on a bbc weather forecast a few years back, so while it might be rare it can snow at 4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

I remember hearing about the 4c limit mentioned on a bbc weather forecast a few years back, so while it might be rare it can snow at 4c.

im not doubting it at all just unusual especially right next to the south coast

Edited by Dampdorset82

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

few flakes falling near Warminster. Temp 3.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

light snow in Lyneham....how long can it last before the inevitable switch to liqud ppn?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Generally speaking once a snow flake forms it will stay as a flake with temp at 2.3 c all be it wet ,if temp near ground is 4 c as a poster as just pointed out it will melt rapidly ,if the atmosphere extending up several hundred feet or more goes to 4 c it will melt .WE KEEP GOING FROM light snow to sleet here currently with my temp in stephenson screen at 1.2 c .been an interesting morning again on radar ,i should have checked latest chart this morning before i posted as i was not aware of an upper air feature crossing our area ahead of main front .wonder what later will bring ,if we can maintain wind in s/east and low dew points for a while we might get lucky .looking at rainfall predictions im glad i live on a hill ,if any one reading this forum for first time to see what is going on regarding flooding next week TAKE ALL WARNINGS SERIOUSELY . modells at the moment look very active and perhaps some cold weather returning after next weeks deluge ,but as always stay tuned ,EDIT snow becoming hvy but not pitching .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Few flakes in the wind here at work in south bristol but not much.

Main ppn coming in around 6 will be rain though cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Reading lots of posts on different threads saying be sad to see snow go and like saying goodbye to old friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thought I only one who gets pang of loss when snow cover finally disappears; Still got some snow on hills where it drifted, but light drizzle at moment, feeling cold in breeze, Don't think we will have drought issues this year, Lets hope Mid February bring colder end to Winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Looking at the radar it should start raining here shortly.

Posted

Main band of ppn will fall as snow in Swindon for first hour or two....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Reading lots of posts on different threads saying be sad to see snow go and like saying goodbye to old friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thought I only one who gets pang of loss when snow cover finally disappears; Still got some snow on hills where it drifted, but light drizzle at moment, feeling cold in breeze, Don't think we will have drought issues this year, Lets hope Mid February bring colder end to Winter

Any snow and ice vanished days ago here.

I'm now up for a bit of zonal weather, hopefully stormy! I'll welcome any cold weather back in February but it's nice to have a change. :)

Posted

Said goodbye to mine last Saturday sad.png I am just looking forward to seeing the sun over the next few days good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Many thanks for all the replies re - snowing at 4.0c. We are using an out door weather station (it belongs to my husband, so don't know the make etc). It has stopped snowing now but the sky looks heavy temp now dropped to 3.9c

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Bitterly cold breeze with a +2oC temperature reading (car) in Henley on Thames. I know that some of you already have a little falling snow before the warm westerly brings rain, so enjoy it ... I'm off to a Burns Supper tonight! Och aye! Bit chilly for the gents in kilts!!!

Edited by Iggy912

Posted

Has anyone else had a drop in temp 2.2 now down from 2.5, and dew point still -1.2°C. had a few snow flurries here.

Also managed snow cover for 7 days :)

Edited by tomjwlx

Posted

Has anyone else had a drop in temp 2.2 now down from 2.5, and dew point still -1.2°C. had a few snow flurries here.

Also managed snow cover for 7 days smile.png

1.5c from 1.8c half an hour ago.

Just a few flakes as the initial showery bit petered out, got my eye on a more substantial shower heading across Somerset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Temp dropping.

Currently 2.2c

With a DP of -1.9 °C

Posted

Yes strange over the last hour temp has dropped from 2.0 to 1.7c but more impressively Dp has taken a dive from -1.2c to -1.8c.

I had discounted tonight as being a soggy affair here........but now I'm not so sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Yes strange over the last hour temp has dropped from 2.0 to 1.7c but more impressively Dp has taken a dive from -1.2c to -1.8c.

I had discounted tonight as being a soggy affair here........but now I'm not so sure.

Im sure as soon as that main front gets on, the cool air will vanish quickly.

VERY heavy snow here now..

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all.

We've still got complete snow cover here, really very little has melted but the strong gusty breeze has blown some of it off the trees. I know we're forecast for perhaps a little snow before it all turns to rain, but I can't help wonder if we'll keep it as all snow for a while. We've had a few flakes blowing around most of the day and currently it's definitely cold enough for snow, but what's made me wonder most of all was my journey back from Bristol - the gritting teams are going bonkers! Perhaps it was because they were caught out the other night so they're not taking any chances, but genuinely I've seen more grit on the roads today and more side roads gritted, than I think I've ever seen around here. Do they know something we don't?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Afternoon all.

We've still got complete snow cover here, really very little has melted but the strong gusty breeze has blown some of it off the trees. I know we're forecast for perhaps a little snow before it all turns to rain, but I can't help wonder if we'll keep it as all snow for a while. We've had a few flakes blowing around most of the day and currently it's definitely cold enough for snow, but what's made me wonder most of all was my journey back from Bristol - the gritting teams are going bonkers! Perhaps it was because they were caught out the other night so they're not taking any chances, but genuinely I've seen more grit on the roads today and more side roads gritted, than I think I've ever seen around here. Do they know something we don't?

Gritters are out nr Newbury as well,that was an hour ago,so friend said. Friday,no Gritters,today,loads,typical ! They might get it right one day! (don't hold your breath).