Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted

had a quick peak at the radar before I left but looked about 8 or 9 so decided to come back. Stunning drive though. First time I've properly seen moors under snow. It is a stunning part of the world.

I was up there as well this morning, it's beautiful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Does anyone know who is moderating the MO thread tonight?

Rybis Ponce (RP)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

I know! Although that wasn't on the actual forecast, he did something with another reporter about snowflakes/snow etc, and he showed it then. Although I'm sure you can find the whole programme somewhere! Well here's the forecast in case you or others want it, and I'll try looking for the whole programme smile.png

Forecast: http://news.bbc.co.u...000/7760862.stm

Here's the programme smile.png it should be a bit after the 20 minute mark (not sure when)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...West_23_01_2013

Thankssmile.png

I watched the forecast and as it wasn't on there so I assumed it was on the actual programme, will catch up with it when it comes on to the iplayer.

Posted

Rybis Ponce (RP)?

Thanks AWD, was going to have a moan, but prob wont bother, just that some of my posts got deleted, and they were not one liners. Just putting a valid point of view across to balance another posters thoughts, and the original post is still there. Oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

had a quick peak at the radar before I left but looked about 8 or 9 so decided to come back. Stunning drive though. First time I've properly seen moors under snow. It is a stunning part of the world.

I took a walk up the old train track today and I have to say I was breath taken. Beautiful!! Starting snowing now so your bang on the money!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Thanks AWD, was going to have a moan, but prob wont bother, just that some of my posts got deleted, and they were not one liners. Just putting a valid point of view across to balance another posters thoughts, and the original post is still there. Oh well.

Hi Chris,

They were shifted into the Model Mayhem thread by the looks of it.

Posted

And so the cold spell loses its grip

As the thaw begins, drip drip drip

For some it was good, 20cm and more

For others 'twas nothing more than a bore

For Latitude it hasn't been cold enough

For Chris55, enough to get stuck

Will it impress the Beast of Dartmoor

Or will it need him wanting a whole lot more

As we prepare for the Atlantic return

There's one more thing I have to learn

The expectations of us all vary so much

Some have been met, some barely touched

Will we see further snowfall you ask

Bristle Boy wants a blizzard right from the past

18cm of snow recorded in the city

Unlike Wellington where snow has been but a pity

During this time this thread's been held together

By a dedicated & charming Gottolovethisweather

Assisted by a gleeful, snowbound AJ Poolshark

Sorting out the drivel way off the mark

Many thanks for the positivity from these two

Catacol Highlander, maybe join them too

its the uncontrollable great British weather

the more we don't know, the better & better

So I'll leave you now to enjoy the last snows

Iceberg said it would happen, he sure knows

So sorry to those who experienced just rain

I know seeing the same stuff is one big strain

I hope winter visits us all one last time

Before we enter the season, British Summertime

Be positive and happy, remember its just a hobby

No need at all to throw a childish wobbly.

blum.gifblum.gifblum.gifblum.gifblum.gifblum.gif

That is very very good!! I like it!! rofl.gif

Posted

Another settling snow shower in the last hour giving a cm fresh cover of wet snow on surfaces where previous snow had settled.

Ian was just on the local news showing off the UKV model for snow forecasts. Love it good.gif

That was superb!

And he mentioned they're watching the chance for leading edge snow on Friday morning, for the best chance we need the front to come

in quite early to take advantage of what should be the coldest night of the week after clearer sky during tomorrow.

Posted

Go for it. Everyone else is! lol. :p

In all seriousness that's why I don't bother with the MOD thread. People take the weather too personally in there and have no respect for each other.

Nothing wrong with having opinions and a differing view on the model output, but treat each other the way you expect to be treated, be polite and courteous.

Anyway, that's just my view. Back onto something semi-topical. Looking like 2 more cold days for most of us before we start to see less cold, Atlantic air become influential. Wonder if some of our area can see a snow-rain event during the breakdown?

Could be something for convective fans early next week to with a large depression to the NW of the UK, bringing associated troughs through on a brisk westerly!

Edited by AWD

Posted

Go for it. Everyone else is! lol. blum.gif

In all seriousness that's why I don't bother with the MOD thread. People take the weather too personally in there and have no respect for each other.

Nothing wrong with having opinions and a differing view on the model output, but treat each other the way you expect to be treated, be polite and courteous.

Anyway, that's just my view. Back onto something semi-topical. Looking like 2 more cold days for most of us before we start to see less cold, Atlantic air become influential. Wonder if some of our area can see a snow-rain event during the breakdown?

Could be something for convective fans early next week to with a large depression to the NW of the UK, bringing associated troughs through on a brisk westerly!

Just really nice to have our own little thread here, where all the nice, good looking and superbly intelligent people are!

Although I don't mind getting stuck into the MO thread sometimes.

Edited by chris55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Light snow for the last 30 minutes here. The estate roads are covered yet again.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted

Any chance you could knock another one up for the MOD thread?

Just drop it in and listen for the bomb.gif

I can't help you with a rhyme for TEITS though.

Posted

Just really nice to have our own little thread here, where all the nice, good looking and superbly intelligent people are!

Err.…………

post-12721-0-80098800-1358971903_thumb.jpost-12721-0-28860900-1358971909_thumb.jpost-12721-0-45677300-1358971915_thumb.j

post-12721-0-79804600-1358971936_thumb.jpost-12721-0-57721300-1358971945_thumb.j

:p :p :p

Edited by AWD

Posted

Anyway, back to the weather!

Radar shows PPN starting to break up and fizzle out now.

Posted

Anyway, back to the weather!

Radar shows PPN starting to break up and fizzle out now.

Not been a bad day though has it considering forecasts yesterday evening and even some this morning had all precipitation dying out

by mid morning, yet here we are with quite widespread snow showers giving fresh coverings at gone 20.00!!

Posted

Not been a bad day though has it considering forecasts yesterday evening and even some this morning had all precipitation dying out

by mid morning, yet here we are with quite widespread snow showers giving fresh coverings at gone 20.00!!

It hasn't. Was lovely, thick, heavy snowfall this morning in Gloucester. Really chucking it down.

These types of set up are really interesting as you just don't know what's round the corner. Just like convective, summer days.

Posted

Still snowing here. I am going to have a moan now. I love the snow, but the bad point of it is that all the degenerates come up to play in there phatt cars with tripped up engines and 20 inch alloys.

Whilst doing this many doughnuts are being made around the roundabout, the car park and much anger is being created!!

Well, I kindly gave them a polite warning. If my car gets hit because of their stupid driving, they should understand that the moors is a very large place and its very easy to get "lost" up here!! rofl.gif

Posted

First NAE with Fridays transition front showing, snow for the Northern half of the UK at this stage. One to keep an eye on for some potential snowfall as the front moves into the cold air, although rain will likely follow on behind.

13012512_2312.gif

Err.…………

post-12721-0-80098800-1358971903_thumb.jpost-12721-0-28860900-1358971909_thumb.jpost-12721-0-45677300-1358971915_thumb.j

post-12721-0-79804600-1358971936_thumb.jpost-12721-0-57721300-1358971945_thumb.j

blum.gifblum.gifblum.gif

Lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tease.gif rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

How did you get hold of my family photos AWD? Privacy issue there. Bit of PPN to the East....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And so the cold spell loses its grip

As the thaw begins, drip drip drip

For some it was good, 20cm and more

For others 'twas nothing more than a bore

For Latitude it hasn't been cold enough

For Chris55, enough to get stuck

Will it impress the Beast of Dartmoor

Or will it need him wanting a whole lot more

As we prepare for the Atlantic return

There's one more thing I have to learn

The expectations of us all vary so much

Some have been met, some barely touched

Will we see further snowfall you ask

Bristle Boy wants a blizzard right from the past

18cm of snow recorded in the city

Unlike Wellington where snow has been but a pity

During this time this thread's been held together

By a dedicated & charming Gottolovethisweather

Assisted by a gleeful, snowbound AJ Poolshark

Sorting out the drivel way off the mark

Many thanks for the positivity from these two

Catacol Highlander, maybe join them too

its the uncontrollable great British weather

the more we don't know, the better & better

So I'll leave you now to enjoy the last snows

Iceberg said it would happen, he sure knows

So sorry to those who experienced just rain

I know seeing the same stuff is one big strain

Thankyou kindly, a poet in our midst. hi.gif By the way, its still SNOWING, anybody checked the radar of late, a few more surprises overnight it seems. Look towards the Southeast. shok.gif

Posted

not seen this latest PPn forecast, been snowing here since arond 5pm, only started to settle in the last couple hours alas a covering maybe 2 cms at best.

musnt grumble its made everything white again,

not looking forward to this finally thawing out, there will be some serious water around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing since 5pm here and have extra 2cm. Coming down very heavy now, settling on everything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I have been watching that precipatation on radar heading towards Bristol hoping for one final snow shower of this cold spell but alas I think its fizzling and snow sheilds are upcray.gif

Edit: Just started light and sleety

Edited by Blizzardof82

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ok, this cold snowy spell hasn't even ended yet but I feel this summary from Gibby should be kept in mind, as we enter into what is currently FI, the beginning of February.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/58354-in-depth-model-discussion-analysis-and-summaries/page__st__2060#entry2565065

Even before Gibby had suggested the above, I must say I watched the GFS 12z run today for the first time in over a week and I got the feeling from viewing the NH Jetstream profile, it would like to split once again from full on zonal, around the period from 31st January to 1st February. Should it do so and the Southern arm decides to dive South, it could be GAME ON once again. drinks.gif Today's GEFS 12z ensembles suite loosely back up my gut feelings too. Gibby in particular, highlights the ECM as hinting at possibly picking up the potential for a trend to colder conditions, come next weekend onwards. good.gif

All conjecture at this range but Chiono and GP et.al have also mentioned that the projected milder spell may be fairly short lived, thanks to MJO and SSW influences amongst others.

Winter may have only just begun and could be back with a vengeance back next weekend, you have been warned. cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif