Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

About to lose the grass here just outside Romford...

They setting light to it again, it used to be like that when I grew up there! Some things never change!

Posted

Well well things could be getting interesting. The centre of the low is filling in off the SE KENT coast and the wind is shifting slowly EESE at this end of the Thames...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

That is one Huuuuge area of precip moving out of France! Only just zoomed out on the radar nearly had a shock!

What you think on that lot coming out of France Paul, heading in our direction or skirting up the outside?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

That is one Huuuuge area of precip moving out of France! Only just zoomed out on the radar nearly had a shock!

:) could be a late night of radar watching here in Eastwood

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Yes, just spotted that as well. If it keeps it's intensity, Kent and Essex should do well out of it (hopefully)

Posted

Just ran Meteox for 3 hours + (How acurrate I don't know) But (despite the winds) has that lot headed basically North out of the the Kent Essex equation.

Hope they got it wrong! http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=2013&maand=01&uur=00&minuut=30&dag=19&id=634941525543730191&type=expbld

Posted

A dusting here now, no heavy snow yet, just constant light snow.

Posted

Looking at uksnowmap I feel lucky

Hope it all works out. A reverse Kent clipper; wonderful

Posted

Thundersnow?! Only seen/heard that once!! Still going strong here...15mm and counting (would've more if not for that pesky wind!) - how much do you have?

Got a similar amount down here!!!

Is this the apertif ahead of the main course and pudding on Sunday?

Posted

They setting light to it again, it used to be like that when I grew up there! Some things never change!

Ha ha yeah. Not quite that bad Paul! I'm nearer Brentwood really but many a drunken night out in Romford was had in my youth. Here's latest pic. Is that area from France coming our way?

post-5345-0-30719800-1358552563_thumb.jp

Edited by Roadrunner

Posted

Move it north west covering surrey and i will let you off the money you owe me mate !

Posted

What you think on that lot coming out of France Paul, heading in our direction or skirting up the outside?

If you can imagine the Isobars around the low pressure, think of it to our South, around the Northern part of our region up by Felixstowe the winds would be easterlies, where we are they are south easterlies, as this moves south those easterlies will be relaxing south with the low, so by tomorrow (As predicted) the winds will be easterly for a small window before becoming North Easterly later on Saturday.

The precip is being steered North West from France towards the east of Kent and into the Thames Estaury Southern North Sea, they are then being steered west further up the coast near Colchester at present, so as Steve says it all depends in a few hours wether we can get a more easterly steer down here to deflect the precip westwards further south.

Hope that makes sense

Just ran Meteox for 3 hours + (How acurrate I don't know) But (despite the winds) has that lot headed basically North out of the the Kent Essex equation.

Hope they got it wrong! http://www.meteox.co...191&type=expbld

No they have that bang on , see my post just now as explanation

Posted

okay I'm lost . . . . i'm totally lost now. If a streamer happens tonight will snow come to Medway?

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted

If you can imagine the Isobars around the low pressure, think of it to our South, around the Northern part of our region up by Felixstowe the winds would be easterlies, where we are they are south easterlies, as this moves south those easterlies will be relaxing south with the low, so by tomorrow (As predicted) the winds will be easterly for a small window before becoming North Easterly later on Saturday.

The precip is being steered North West from France towards the east of Kent and into the Thames Estaury Southern North Sea, they are then being steered west further up the coast near Colchester at present, so as Steve says it all depends in a few hours wether we can get a more easterly steer down here to deflect the precip westwards further south.

Hope that makes sense

Well its defo between ESE and EESE at the moment and has been for the last 20 mins. Come on!!...

Posted

John Pike or Steve Murr - any updates for tonight, tomorrow or Sunday?

posted earlier

took half hour to find it

Posted Today, 21:31

early tomorrow morning

UW18-21.GIF?18-18

UW18-594.GIF?18-18

possible early snow showers

very cold

east south easterly flow

PPVE89.gif?31415

UW24-21.GIF?18-18

UW24-7.GIF?18-18

UW24-594.GIF?18-18

very cold east south east wind and very strong

showers on and off throughout the day

-2 temps

brrrrrrrrrr

PPVG89.gif?31415

UW36-21.GIF?18-18

UW36-7.GIF?18-18

UW36-594.GIF?18-18

tomorrow night

strong easterly wind

precipitation around but not too heavy

very cold -6 maybe -10 near snowfields

PPVI89.gif?31415

UW48-21.GIF?18-18

UW48-7.GIF?18-18

UW48-594.GIF?18-18

sunday

bitter easterly wind

low pressure close to south east generating heavy snow all day

again sub zero day

PPVJ89.gif?31415

UW60-21.GIF?18-18

UW60-7.GIF?18-18

UW60-594.GIF?18-18

sunday night

south easterly flow

low pressure over the south east

could be some heavy snow all night

very cold -10 somewhere

PPVK89.gif?31415

UW72-7.GIF?18-18

UW72-594.GIF?18-18

monday

snow showers some heavy easing throughout the day

very cold sub zero again

variable east south east flow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Hope that makes sense

Yes, perfectly explained my friend, now I know, haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I'm sorry guys I havent read the last 2016154648 pages but just an update that it is snowing still here in Fav. Nice light steady flow of flakes. I hope everyone is getting covered... ESPECIALLY peeps who have missed out on the frequent showers today! Big Up the London & South East Peeps...we are AWESOME and deserve all the Snow in the world

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow. snow

please can someone explain why cloud moving nw direction not getting over towards nw london watford area seems miss us for soe reason

some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

please can someone explain why cloud moving nw direction not getting over towards nw london watford area seems miss us for soe reason

some

Yep I,m in hendon further south form you and I have been on the border of the snow for hours :-(