Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted

Welcome back have you seen ecm gfs for sunday even Cork will see snow

Thanks, yes am very hopeful that Cork will do well once we get tomorrow out of the way.

I find it incredible though how uppers can stay so cold under an atlantic low pressure like it shows next Monday.

I will be wary until it happens.

Of course for us Corkonians it's vital that the wind swings off shore during Monday

Posted

Anything between -6 and -7 and coastal areas needn't worry about a lack of snow

13011812_1712.gif

Though at times undoubtedly getting marginal on wind ward coasts.

The boundary between cold and (relatively) mild is a very thin line. Steep thermal gradient.

Really wonder who will hit that "sweet spot" tomorrow where prec. is at his most intense and temps just right side of marginal

Posted

Raintoday had a free radar with snow or rain live, you have to pay now, since I only need this once every 3years any ideas on where to get a freebie? Need a. Good radar

Posted

After wishing that the band of precipitation would move west, now I am now hoping that it moves a little east, as there is little precipitation for any snow in the area that I live according to the BBC/metoffice.

Edited by bsnowy

Posted

After wishing that the band of precipitation would move west, now I am now hoping that it moves a little east, as there is little precipitation for any snow in the area that I live according to the BBC/metoffice.

Well the good news is you'll know tomorrow, to be honest as has so often been said once you've got the basics, cold uppers, dew points and a front it's radar watching, those rain graphics are just best effort really in my view, blobs. Of course understanding your local conditions helps.

Posted

The calm before the storm my friend! I think we can now relax kowing that the snow is finally on the way! Some have waited nearly 2 years for snowfall and most of them are probably out panic buying!clapping.gifhelp.gif Latest warning from the Meto!!good.gif

post-1251-0-80111600-1358457250_thumb.jp

Posted

temp is still 6.3c here. when are we expecting a cool down? i wont believe this is gonna happen til ive got my arm around a freshly built snowman.

Posted

Next up RTE 9.30 forecast, not expecting enlightenment as usual, good when rain on the way, but this is complex. They might settle for the old heavy showers some wintry" or " locally wintry" "bitter". Update: this guy says only on "hills" what he means by that exactly not sure, but he reckons sleet only Louth north

Edited by Downburst

Posted

temp is still 6.3c here. when are we expecting a cool down? i wont believe this is gonna happen til ive got my arm around a freshly built snowman.

Not until tomorrow afternoon, just after 15:00 or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Gerry on 9pm news/weather is saying rain turning to snow as the day goes on in Ulster and over the Dublin and Wicklow mountains. Therefor not at lower levels in Leinster by the sounds of that.... at least not tomorrow. He seemed more hopeful for Monday.

Posted

Rain now starting to turn to sleet and snow over the Isle of Man. Its coming :)

Posted

Wet, chilly and windy so far this evening. Temp hasn't really moved from 4.7° for most of the evening. Wife just away to bed to read a book and listen to the rain blowing off the windows. Pity for her it's blowing off the windows at the other side of the house, she won't hear much. fool.gif

Posted

6c here in west dublin. wonder whether we'll see any snow tomorrow. we're well away from the coast. touching the kildare border...

Posted

Gerry on 9pm news/weather is saying rain turning to snow as the day goes on in Ulster and over the Dublin and Wicklow mountains. Therefor not at lower levels in Leinster by the sounds of that.... at least not tomorrow. He seemed more hopeful for Monday.

Yesterday same chap said nothing but rain into weekend. Don't think he does anything but read the exact computer script. Dreadful presenter for this day and age. Charisma bypass.

Posted

Seems like niw on facebook has crashed with the amount of people using it. Crazy. They have Yellow and Amber. and think red for high ground

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I fell asleep after tea and we're at 4 pages already. Somethings afoot (maybe the snow?).

I'm tempted to move into the spare room tonight and lamppost watch as I was blessed with one directly outside the window, but not tonight. Tomorrow evening would be better.