Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted

Who writes this durge? Unintelligent moronic paper headlines regarding cold weather really irritate me.

Follow the link, write to them!! :lol:

Posted

Temperatures still on the rise here

3.1c now and dewpoint at 1.6c

Hoping things can cool off soon!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

We didn't even get any sleet, just RAIN!

Couldn't believe it after the snow from this morning and it was only 0.5C

Posted

what are they falling as now? we'll be lucky if they make it here. could be interesting if they do, temps and DP'S dropping off again

Well Northolt on London's NW edge is reporting 1.1c and 0c dewpoint. Given that that ppn is at least 90mins away...

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well,after riding through that front today going to slough (then getting snowed on!), then riding back through london and then getting soaked through,i`m now sat indoors with a bowl of chicken noodle soup warming up!

Please let there be snow on the ground in the morning so i can stay in bed please? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

what are they falling as now? we'll be lucky if they make it here. could be interesting if they do, temps and DP'S dropping off again

Rain and sleet at the moment going by the Precip radar

Posted

14011312126270010170-1.pngI thought the south east wass meant to do well out of this sorry.gif

By Sat evening, who knows perhaps we could have 7cm.

Posted

Well Northolt on London's NW edge is reporting 1.1c and 0c dewpoint. Given that that ppn is at least 90mins away...

Rain and sleet at the moment going by the Precip radar

we just watch and wait then.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

It seems the disappointment has caused some peeps to get a bit narky... Altho I love looking at charts showing snow and get excited by the regional ramping, I am a bit if a natural pessimist and if I'm let down once then I'm doubtful the next time, as I was with this snow event - definitely better to lower expectations and be pleasently surprised than expecting Narnia and getting sleet!

Don't get me wrong, I'm so disappointed by today but there were some people who kept a level head and warned "it can change at +24 +12 +6 etc and they aren't wrong yet often slated! I don't know enough to comment on charts but as a forum reader I've learnt to get excited by charts but not always believe in them... And I've only been on forum since last winter, god knows how longterm members cope with the disappointments, lol!

Had sleet here earlier and Met been saying all day/still are saying light snow for Epsom tonight.... Shall be awaiting radar-readers repirts later!

Keep smiling all, lots of cold weather opportunities left!

H x

Posted

Latest from the mouth of the Thames:

Temp: 2.6c

DP: 1.0c

Weather: Drizzle

We are on the slide south again as the PPn is about to stop...

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

Total damp squib so far for here really.

Promised so much and people still saying UKMO output is great on the model output thread but when will we see any action? Is this fabled easterly ever going to appear? Please, someone tell me some good news...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

So I'm guessing all the heavy snow showers 'pushing well inland' for Tuesday and Wednsday across the SE region - as described on yesterday's BBC Countryfile forecast - have been cancelled ? If that's the case, it's a pretty poor showing from the BBC forecasters. Not much point doing a weekly forecast if they can't get day two right sad.png

The computer models were suggesting a definitive NE'erly airstream across the North Sea up till yesterday evening - which was conduicive to those snow showers. It was only then, but more especially this morning when that was 'downgraded' into a drier and more stable easterly airstream, The BBC , as advised by METO, only produce forecasts that reflect the data, and if the data changes, then they adjust their forecasts accordingly in these tricky synoptics - they don't make forecasts with the aim of pleasing pundits on a message boardsmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Good evening one and all from me here on the rather sodden South Coast. I have been trying to catch up with events since falling asleep earlier this afternoon, and my 'ignore' list has grown considerably.

This mornings snow was a joy to see, but sadly it appears to have rained for much of this afternoon. Now if that had fallen as snow I doubt I would have been able to get out of the drive. There are several regular posters here who's thoughts and opinions are worth more than a thousand one line wonders, and I think they called it about right. This was always going to be a difficult, nay near impossible scenario to predict.

I will raise my glass to this forum remaining a friendly place. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It must be great being you. Ever thought of becoming a forecaster on here to help all us poor souls out once in a while.

Please no, we don't even need even more bad forecasters on the team :p

I wonder when we will ever actually accurately predict the weather ahead because so far nobody is able too!

Posted

The computer models were suggesting a definitive NE'erly airstream across the North Sea up till yesterday evening - which was conduicive to those snow showers. It was only then, but more especially this morning when that was 'downgraded' into a drier and more stable easterly airstream, The BBC , as advised by METO, only produce forecasts that reflect the data, and if the data changes, then they adjust their forecasts accordingly in these tricky synoptics - they don't make forecasts with the aim of pleasing pundits on a message boardsmile.png

thats almost exactly what i was going to say..... but i couldn't be bothered to answer him!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

temp starting to slowly fall now. maxed out at +2.6c about half hour ago - now +2.3c

Who writes this durge? Unintelligent moronic paper headlines regarding cold weather really irritate me.

It gives a good insight into how much rubbish the UK media (both broadsheet and tabloid) write when you see nonsense and sensationalism like that written about a subject you know well. Makes one sceptical about the knowledge in articles about subjects you may know little about.

Edited by SF-02