Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

I guess so mishy, does look more intense on the radar than the last one to pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

From radar it looks like it might be worth popping out with the torch in half an hour.

What's with the news forecasts? On main ITV it was rain and 5ºC daytime — on Anglia it was occasional snow showers and 1ºC. You'd think they'd try to coordinate them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Looks as if the patchy light band might be intensifying a little....especially around Peterborough. Whether the radar is telling the truth though is another matter. May give a few people a little icing sugar dusting by daybreak tomorrow if you're lucky.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.....up at 5.30am to drive to Colchester....then have to return home at about 5pm....could be interesting around that time! I will also have no internet access all day......so it's back to how our ancestors used to forecast....look at the sky and guess.

Night all......here's to a good, cold, snowy week drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms

Is that band of ppn due to give this region anything? Looks as though moving SE towards us. Also what accumalations are likely from the latest NAE - 5 - 8 cm ?

The first band may give a dusting to the west of our region, but generally just cloudy with light snow flurries. It's late tomorrow morning things become interesting.....

The second band that is currently over western Scotland will intensify across northeast England tomorrow morning before sinking into our part of the World late afternoon.

Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk could see 4 inches+

Counties further west and south likely to see snow too...... but maybe not quite so heavy.... but still snow nonetheless.

Tbh... it really is all about nowcasting. The charts hinted at a trend to colder weather, which is what we now have........ specifics 'where, when, how much etc is about radar watching.

One thing is pretty certain, we have a very cold and wintry week ahead in East Anglia!!cold.gif

NH

Posted

Is that band of ppn due to give this region anything? Looks as though moving SE towards us. Also what accumalations are likely from the latest NAE - 5 - 8 cm ?

The band of prcip up to the Northwest of Scotland yes, Maybe a dusting for some overnight as the 1st occlusion moves South East and dies out. Main risk of snow is Monday afternoon/evening

fax24s.gif?13-12

fax36s.gif?13-12

My guess is 2-5 cm, widely, and 8-10cm locally

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just been to the door - 6 micro grains of snow fell in five minutes smile.png

well according to that radar u should be under snow now??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Radar says yes but nowt falling.Good luck to everyone tomorrow afternoon/evening shall be checking in here on my phone whilst working. Lol my boss will be shouting at me to "get off that phone" ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

well had a few small flakes through out the day.

current conditions: Temperature: -1 °C Comfort Level: -3 °C Dew point: -3 °C Pressure: 1019 millibars Humidity: 86% Visibility: 16 km Wind:

6 km/h from 290° West-northwestsa10.png

hopefully see some snow tomorrow then help.gifcold.gif

Posted

well according to that radar u should be under snow now??

No such luck! Think my lamppost watch is over for the night :)

G'night and good luck :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Okay time to sort us all out a new thread I think ready for the rush tomorrow morning !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

Latest NAE precip accumilations

13011400_1318.gif

13011406_1318.gif

13011412_1318.gif

13011418_1318.gif

13011500_1318.gif

Good luck with the snow everyone, hope you all get a descent covering. Must sleep now early start tomo.

Edited by Balls Of Snow