Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Snap was going to ask that too.Hope you are okay 124alex and you khodds. Rain heavy here now .

And you too. I think we will get at you are having soon. Hope you aren't at risk of flooding? Everywhere around e is but fingers crossed our estate is safe

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

And you too. I think we will get at you are having soon. Hope you aren't at risk of flooding? Everywhere around e is but fingers crossed our estate is safe

Yes you probably will.South West is due to keep this up until midnight(jst watching bbc news weather).I am okay thank you.Villages and roads to and from Wellington aren't good.

To those in Cornwall ,thinking of you..Sounds a nightmare.

Rain heavy still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh my word Ive never seen flooding like it on roads round here! Just drove back from the pub (only 2 good.gif ) and Some roads are impassable up here with rain now on a pivot and it has become very heavy! help.gif

Posted

15 hours of persistent rain, thankfully most of it moderate at worst except for around 13.00 for a while and again a few hours ago. Currently only drizzling

but the radar suggests there's another heavy bout to come fairly soon from the WSW.

Looking at the fax chart from earlier there are something like 4 or 5 fronts mixed in with the LOW!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Coming from a guy who lives on the opposite side of the country, please stay safe guys! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Peeps heart goes out to you all in this thread, Stay safe and god bless. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/default.aspx

Posted

Just popping in from the EA thread to say hope you are all warm, dry and safe friends.gif

Thank you .:-)

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

Really coming down now. Quite worrying if we have anothert 4 hrs of it. God knows what we will wake up to. Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not looking good for us down in the SW....PPN is really wrapping around the LP centre and said mass is starting to push NEwards back into Somerset/Gloucester/Wilts......devon & cornwall have already be slammed by the PPN wraparound, still raining heavily there, but the good news (if there is any on a night like this) is that a clearance of sorts is moving into Cornwall & South Devon

Posted

Really coming down now. Quite worrying if we have anothert 4 hrs of it. God knows what we will wake up to. Stay safe everyone.

I know it worrying isn't it.Are you still ok?update rain torrential now.Absolutely lashing it down.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

I'm fine littlemissy - just concerned for everyone else now. Its mad, I love extreme weather, but when its actually here, its quite scary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looking at the persistent echoes across east dartmoor, I'm also concerned about flooding along the River Dart & Teign....Newton Abbot & Totnes is particular

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I'm glad I emptied the rain gauge earlier on! Think it would have been overflowing in the morning!

Posted

Are we still due the winds as well?Or is it just the rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A couple of tweets from Ian Fergusson;

SOMERSET Heavy rain widespread currently: anticipate flooding to become a serious and dangerous issue now: follow @EnvAgencySW for guidance

BRISTOL, B&NES, S GLOS, GLOS, WILTS (esp W/NW) Heavy rain tracking NE will yield further flooding threat in some areas: follow @EnvAgencySW

Roads around my area are flooded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Rainband, why must you pivot here!!!!!! LOL

Are we still due the winds as well?Or is it just the rain?

The winds should come in the early hours as the rain begins to clear. Well that's my understanding of it anyway.

Posted

I'm sure when the cold weather sets in next week, there won't be any PPN within 100 miles of the SW. :p

Posted

I'm sure when the cold weather sets in next week, there won't be any PPN within 100 miles of the SW. :p

Hope you're wrong AWD.

My hunch says we're in for a lot of snow fun & games in 1st few days of December.

Bought snow boots at clarks village today - prob jinxed it for us for the winter! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Was thinking that myself, bet we never have snow falling all day like we've had today with the rain and its still chucking it down and the radar shows alot more to come! Not good with all the flooding in the sw :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sw gales or lot's of snow

Just stopped raining now after over 11hrs of heavy rain, it's been like being subjected to water torture with the torrents pouring off next doors gutters, the slience now is golden. Good luck upstream, it will stop evantually

Posted

Hope you're wrong AWD.

My hunch says we're in for a lot of snow fun & games in 1st few days of December.

Bought snow boots at clarks village today - prob jinxed it for us for the winter! LOL

I hope I'm wrong too but Sod's law that will happen. lol.

To be fair, I'm looking forward to it. There is potential if things go right, even for us down in the SW. Not often we even get a sniff of snow down here before Christmas.

Could do with some frosty nights too, hopefully harden the ground up a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh my god I have a river going down the road that i come out on! Its incredible to see to be honest as i have never seen flooding this close to home being high up! It must be bad lower down below the hills!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just stopped raining now after over 11hrs of heavy rain, it's been like being subjected to water torture with the torrents pouring off next doors gutters, the slience now is golden. Good luck upstream, it will stop evantually

Welcome aboard netweather towers. Do take care. good.gif