Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow, really? I'm maybe a mile, two miles max from Haydon Wick, and it's been drizzly the whole time! :S

Odd....to say the least!....We drove home from the Asda-Walmart and it was horrendous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Don't expect the end of the flooding after this weekend.. Standing water will freeze next week and on top of that 1 foot of snow during December.. Not looking good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been out with the dog and still raining !!how much more can the ground take?Looking forward to a ,crisp, sunny ,dry winters day now..hopefully next weekend.

Edited by suxer

Posted

Radio Plymouth - 106.7 FM

TRAVEL NEWS:

PLYMOUTH:

A38 The Parkway, Plymouth- Very poor visibility as a result of heavy rain and surface water.

A374 Gdynia Way- CLOSED both ways due to flooding. Diversions apply.

A374 Exeter Street- CLOSED inbound betweek Cattedown Roundabout and Charles Cross Roundabout due to severe flooding.

A379 Embankment Road- deep flood water near to the Portakabin place in both directions.

A3064 Wolseley Road, St Budeaux- very bad flooding near to the Texaco garage in both directions. This road maybe closed later.

B3413 Forder Valley Road, near to the Novorossisk Road junction- flooding both ways.

B3416 Plymouth Road, Plympton- flooding near to the Cot Hill junction. Approach with care.

Vinery Lane, Plympton- road CLOSED due to flooding near to Plants Galore.

Posted

Yes a few severe flood warnings issued by South West EA but i can not see them on main site yet, but they are showing up on my blogs on site in both floodwarning page and off forecasters page. I expect more as night goes on steadily sending rivers in to flood as the system moves North thru Wales and Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ian has tweeted that somerset, Bristol and banes to expect heavy rain until 3am, Gloucester, until 4am.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Ian has tweeted that somerset, Bristol and banes to expect heavy rain until 3am, Gloucester, until 4am.

Was that for all of Somerset or just North Somerset????????

Wherever you are please stay safe.It's really horrible here in Welly.Flooding round villages roads dangerous.

Posted

Was that for all of Somerset or just North Somerset????????

Wherever you are please stay safe.It's really horrible here in Welly.Flooding round villages roads dangerous.

I'm thinking all of Somerset. The radar show the heavier rain moving up from Devon now... Still potentially another 6 hours worth :(

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

There was a Severe warning out for Polperro earlier on the main EA site, but that's gone back to warning now. Main site still has no other Severes out atm.

20mm so far today here, just checked the gauge as we settled the dog for the night! Not sure if we're going to get the sting in the tail or not.

Posted

I'm thinking all of Somerset. The radar show the heavier rain moving up from Devon now... Still potentially another 6 hours worth sad.png

Okay, thank you.Wow ,that will cause problems.I can hear the rain on the window.really feel for those who are already suffering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I am afraid it remains a soggy picture for a few more hours yet as the sytem is only now, gradually starting to move away from the far Southwest.

The red arrows indicate the main movement of the systen, probably shifting East at approximately 30 miles per hour, i.e. 2 1/2 miles every 5 minutes.

The black arrows hinting at the movement of the individual rainbands.

post-7183-0-19587500-1353794013_thumb.pn

I am imagining the winds will pick up noticeably near the back edge of the passing depression. Judging by my crude analysis, you might anticipate the strongest winds in the regions stated below, during the following hours.

Cornwall - from current time until midnight

Devon - from 2200GMT until 0100GMT

Somerset and Bristol area - midnight until 0300GMT

Dorset - as above

Wiltshire - 0100GMT until 0400GMT

Berkshire and Hampshire - 0200HMT to 0300GMT until 0500GMT to 0600GMT

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I am afraid it remains a soggy picture for a few more hours yet as the sytem is only now, gradually starting to move away from the far Southwest.

The red arrows indicate the main movement of the systen, probably shifting East at approximately 30 miles per hour, i.e. 2 1/2 miles every 5 minutes.

The black arrows hinting at the movement of the individual rainbands.

post-7183-0-19587500-1353794013_thumb.pn

I am imagining the winds will pick up noticeably near the back edge of the passing depression. Judging by my crude analysis, you might anticipate the strongest winds in the regions stated below, during the following hours.

Cornwall - from current time until midnight

Devon - from 2200GMT until 0100GMT

Somerset and Bristol area - midnight until 0300GMT

Dorset - as above

Wiltshire - 0100GMT until 0400GMT

Berkshire and Hampshire - 0200HMT to 0300GMT until 0500GMT to 0600GMT

Thanks for this post, still a long way to go for us....

Posted

another 5 hours in fact!

Yep! Ha ha!

Posted

Here in millbrook Cornwall the village centre in 4 foot under and we can't leave the village, but I do feel sorry for the polperro people a few miles away, as fun as it is enjoying all this weather it is starting to become a bit worrying

Posted

Flooding here now in my local town, and the rain is still going serious problems ahead.

Where abouts are you Alex?

Posted

Heavy rain just restarted here.... Round 2 begins.

Posted

Where abouts are you Alex?

Snap was going to ask that too.Hope you are okay 124alex and you khodds. Rain heavy here now .

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

200 flood alerts now across the Uk and 86 flood warnings, and th 2 severe in Cornwall.......yikes.....good news knows what it will be like when the wind comes...