Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It’s about time you lot ooop north had a nice new thread so here you go…..

old thread here ---------->http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73784-the-north-of-england-regional-discussion/page__st__1280

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Thanks Ali biggrin.png

Well what a difference a day makes, gone are the crystal clear skies and stunning sunshine of the last couple of days! It has been magical up here in the Lakes with breath taking scenery on display these frosty mornings and snow capped peaks - making for some real picturesque views. I'd quite happily take that weather type for the next 4 months... smile.png

Rather grey an miserable this morning with persistent light rain and drizzle. It was 0.7c when I went to sleep last night and this morning nearly 10c, so a massive increase overnight as the cloud and increasing wind spread down from the north.

Looking very disturbed over the coming weeks as the Atlantic stirs into action bringing periods of wet & windy weather across the British Isles, remaining on the cool side generally but no sign of any cold weather taking hold any time soon.

The view from my office biggrin.png

post-9615-0-43910400-1352193438_thumb.jppost-9615-0-20600200-1352193102_thumb.jp post-9615-0-37112700-1352193113_thumb.jp post-9615-0-69533100-1352193118_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

An early frost was all gone by 7am as the warm front moved through. Coldest night so after a minimum of -1.4c. Currently in York and it's a balmy 7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Thanks Ali biggrin.png

Well what a difference a day makes, gone are the crystal clear skies and stunning sunshine of the last couple of days! It has been magical up here in the Lakes with breath taking scenery on display these frosty mornings and snow capped peaks - making for some real picturesque views. I'd quite happily take that weather type for the next 4 months... smile.png

Rather grey an miserable this morning with persistent light rain and drizzle. It was 0.7c when I went to sleep last night and this morning nearly 10c, so a massive increase overnight as the cloud and increasing wind spread down from the north.

Looking very disturbed over the coming weeks as the Atlantic stirs into action bringing periods of wet & windy weather across the British Isles, remaining on the cool side generally but no sign of any cold weather taking hold any time soon.

post-9615-0-43910400-1352193438_thumb.jppost-9615-0-20600200-1352193102_thumb.jp post-9615-0-37112700-1352193113_thumb.jp post-9615-0-69533100-1352193118_thumb.jp

I am incredibly jealous Liam! What a lovely part of the world, I bet the view is even better when the mountains are fully covered in snow.

Anyway, the forecast, and model output, fills me with dread - so uninteresting. I literally cannot find any interest at all from what is on offer. Perhaps a much-needed break from NW is needed until something more interesting is on the horizon (even if it's mild, some very windy and wet weather will do).

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Great pic's there Liam ! Could you possibly tell me the names of the hill's in the background ? Only im trying to distinguish whether i have been up them or not....doh.gif Thanks in advance.

Was a lovely sunrise here this morning with clear blue sky's, but soon clouded over from around 8am with light drizzle and feeling raw!

Posted

Hey PM, the fells visible in the photos are - Catbells, Causey Pike, Grizedale Pike and Maiden Moor. Not looking so magnificent today! :(

Posted

Hey PM, the fells visible in the photos are - Catbells, Causey Pike, Grizedale Pike and Maiden Moor. Not looking so magnificent today! sad.png

ahhh yes... Cat Bells, walked up a few years ago. Fantastic views and pretty easy going to, as you will probably know. I must start going more often to the Lakes, as i have been spending most of my free time climbing in Scotland over the last year or two.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thanks Ali biggrin.png

Fantastic pictures, what stunning scenery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Spotting with rain, quite windy but we are still on the cool side for early November really at 8.9C

Very low average temp for your location so far for November at 3.6c.

Posted

Max temperatures for the past few days here:

6.9 8.8 7.3 2.9 8.1

And min temperatures:

1.9 2.6 -0.5 -1.3 -0.9 -0.6

Mean so far 3.58, the coldest being 0.8 on the 4th.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

A bit drier this afternoon but it's still overcast and grey with low cloud bases. 10.4c atm, the highest it's been for a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thank you Miss! lol:)

Alreet...your welcome angel.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Here in tropical Wirral the minimum was 4.1C last night and currently it is 9.6C

Posted

Currently 7.3c here on a biting N/E wind and blustery showers.

Posted

Drizzlefest here current temp 8C feels a lot colder though more like 4c

Posted

Another rather uninspiring start to the day with grey skies and dampness in the air, which was to be expected in the forecasts, hopeful for some brighter weather later but I wouldn't bet on it. Overnight low 9.1 and it's currently 10.2c with a noticeable westerly wind 20-30mph in gusts.

Posted

Sunny but windy here.. nice morning.

Posted

The cold feel as definately gone now, temps currently sitting at 9c - a couple of days ago it was 1-2c with overnight frosts. Seems to be pretty much of the same for the forseable.

Posted

Stunning sunrise here on the 6th. Meant to post but forgot.

63479e508c384a5ba18c17e.png

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Not a bad day compared to the last couple with plenty of brightness and the odd sunny break, 10.7c and it feels fairly mild in the lighter winds.

I've been getting myself a little over excited at the prospects for the coming winter, I'd love to have scenes like these taken during December 2010 repeated over the next few months, nearly 2 years ago.... biggrin.png (deeper snow please)

Heading out this afternoon for some shopping and a few bit & bobs...... Maybe the odd snow shovel..... :p

post-9615-0-50101100-1352380726_thumb.jppost-9615-0-39846000-1352380773_thumb.jppost-9615-0-10461600-1352380844_thumb.jppost-9615-0-27310500-1352381018_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Yes Liam I am getting excited with the thought of snow.. it may sound silly but the sight of snow transforms me into a child, and the first snowfall is always the best.

Sadly I didn't take many pictures in December 2010 because I didn't have a proper camera, but I love looking at the snowfall of the 1st of December - certainly a foot of snow in parts of Leeds.

5229742166_f1863b9a7b_b.jpg

source

5229140583_9052ace5ed_b.jpg

source

Edited by Aaron