Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just walking through the park to the bus stop and seen two well to do middle ages ladies dressed to the nines and sharing a bottle of wine in plastic glasses with a Tupperware box of nibbles...I can't bloody wait to retire!!

Posted

Today = rubbish

Nuff said......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The morning wasn't too bad here. It just ended up as a stratocumulus non event of an afternoon.

Posted

To mild for my liking, single figures would do me

Mild !! lol hardly call a top temp of 11c max mild.

Started off pleasant this morning with sunny spells and did feel warmer with the sun on back. This afternoon however has clouded over and feels very chilly with a noticeable breeze kicking in.

Posted

Mild !! lol hardly call a top temp of 11c max mild.

Started off pleasant this morning with sunny spells and did feel warmer with the sun on back. This afternoon however has clouded over and feels very chilly with a noticeable breeze kicking in.

I sweated up like a race horse in my jacket earlier lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I find it quite bizarre but the latest GFS output for Sunday, almost seems to slightly default back to where it was, as per my post from last Sunday shown here. Whilst, it doesn't quite come off, I feel there is still potential for a last minute upgrade, just as last weekend.

post-7183-0-20739300-1352390951_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-66111800-1352391156_thumb.pn

At least, should the coldest air miss us as shown, there will be further dumpings up north and in parts of Scandinavia, which is a good solid trend. Into next week, it undoubtedly looks briefly milder, especially so on Monday through to Wednesday. In fact, it looks like getting particularly warm over parts of Southern Europe during that timeframe. Anything from t+150 being FI as ever, so should be taken with a pinch of salt. Again, I reiterate my interest in this weekend's developments. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looking further ahead into late November and into December, this video has been attracting attention.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20257405

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mahoosive hail stones in MK earlier this afternoon........

post-10773-0-98952100-1352394286_thumb.j

.....or was it just me clearing ice out of the freezer wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Help me, I've just asked GP a question in the big boys thread, the problem is, will I understand his answer? rofl.gif

GP, if you're reading this, please can you provide your answer as if I have an IQ of less than 100 (I probably do). good.gif

Hahaha lol, did you get a reply ? Normaly if I go in there my post gets deleted and I'm made to feel as welcome as a Maurice dancer at a

blind football match.

Posted

Hahaha lol, did you get a reply ? Normaly if I go in there my post gets deleted and I'm made to feel as welcome as a Maurice dancer at a

blind football match.

Yes here, Shotski.

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2399429

and linked to this in kind of weird way, is my post 509 above, hinting at a potential look East pattern type. All in distant, distant FI but hell, it's a talking point. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not a bad day here at all. Temperatures upto 11.4c. Some sunshine but clouded over a lot and some lower cloud filtered in . Decent sunset though and under some clear spells now it is becoming a lot chillier.

Posted

OK, who's prepared to take a punt and call the date for the first lying snow over 1cm deep in our region this Winter? - just for fun! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

OK, who's prepared to take a punt and call the date for the first lying snow over 1cm deep in our region this Winter? - just for fun! laugh.png

Put me down for 14th December :)drinks.gifsmiliz19.gif

Posted

OK, who's prepared to take a punt and call the date for the first lying snow over 1cm deep in our region this Winter? - just for fun! laugh.png

Mmmm let me see ????? 7th December and sticking untill Xmas w00t.gif

Posted

30th November smile.png (Eternal optimist)

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

I predict the 16th December. IIRC, there's been snow on the 16th or 17th of December across large parts of this region in the past 3 years, so maybe it's a trend.. laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well I did say the 15th November ages ago in the chat room...... but I also said if it snowed before then (in MK) I would do a forfeit, so anything on or after next Thursday is good for me !

Posted

I predict the 16th December. IIRC, there's been snow on the 16th or 17th of December across large parts of this region in the past 3 years, so maybe it's a trend.. laugh.png

Hi Ben, why do you no longer post in the Model thread anymore ? Maybe you could post in here regarding the models to give us all an update ?

Cheers

Posted

Hi Ben, why do you no longer post in the Model thread anymore ? Maybe you could post in here regarding the models to give us all an update ?

Cheers

I'm not too sure though thinking about it it has been a long time since I last posted in the MOD. I've done model summaries on these threads before, so I could make it a regular thing as we approach and enter winter? I'd be happy to do them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

8th December.........for first snow. :)