Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing again,amazing really spend all this time following the models,reading various threads,and its snowing under are noses.Ian F must do better(only joking)good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Blimey, this place is alive. drinks.gif

Come on guys n gals, let's have some pictures. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Gutted, heavy sleet , I look up and can actually the snow blowing in the sky, I'm high up but on the edge of the system, if I can tap into some of the real heavy stuff it should be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just been outside for a smoke and can report something very strange...........The rain is transforming into this sort of white flakey stuff unsure.png

smiliz19.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Woohoo temperature is steady at 0.1c

drinks.gif

post-8911-0-87315800-1352017334_thumb.jp

Posted

Rain has finaly turnt from Rain to sleet...

Just been outside for a smoke and can report something very strange...........The rain is transforming into this sort of white flakey stuff unsure.png

I have been watching that for the last half hour! Slowly getting more flaky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

OMG. It's snowing in Bristol.

Big, massive wet flakes of snow and its hammering it down. Can't believe it, wasn't expecting this.

Isn't going to settle but its already more snow than last year. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

drinks.gif

That is very impressive, must be an inch or two right there and I can see it's still falling. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Aw well jealous lol it's well cold enough to snow up here in Leeds but its not going to reach here :( lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That is very impressive, must be an inch or two right there and I can see it's still falling. acute.gif

still snowing hard. around about 2 inches so far. air_kiss.gif

How long will it last though? system is on a slow pivot eastwards so probably not much longer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Snowing very heavy here in frome, huge massive wet flakes and settlling. Not being funny, but i have seen any websites, netweather, weatheroutlook, bbc, met office or metcheck forecast this. How can they all be so wrong? Good covering now and still throwing it down. Has everywhere got snow?

Posted

drinks.gif

That's a proper snowfall you have there. Mind if I come round later for snowman building? :p :p

Looks like most of us have already done better than last winter & this winter hasn't even started yet!

Posted

Hi,

You can see the Temperature differences quite well in the NMM output attached. Don't take the Temperatures literally as they are simply forecasted predictions but you will clearly see how the threat of the colder pool of air slowly drifts Eastwards over the next few hours. I have attached the charts for 7am, 9am and 11am respectively. You should concentrate on the areas indicating where the lowest Temperatures are shown, as the risk of snow will move in conjunction with this. drinks.gif

post-7183-0-35431800-1352018205_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-40070000-1352018235_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-27408300-1352018343_thumb.pn

Basically, the wintry precipitation currently over Bristol and Somerset will transfer into parts of Wiltshire, Hampshire and then onto Berkshire and South Oxfordshire and then further Eastwards over the next few hours. clapping.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Dunkeswell and Yeovil reporting snow this morning on xcweather. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ Edit: now areas around Bristol reporting sleet/snow.

Some of your reports are making me a tad jealous! here in the mild SE it's just rain (though sure I saw seeing a bit of sleetyness earlier!) Should've stayed at home and driven to the Blackdown hills or something lol.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Snow turning more sleety here now. Was a nice surprise nevertheless.

Posted

Snowing in Frome, sure I heard heavy rain earlier this morning, now is settling on roofs,, grass - but not roads....

Sure there was possible hint that was highlighted on Thursday, but dismissed on Friday after the latest NAE was consulted...

Any ideas how long this will last for??

Nice surprise though.....

Posted

Some nice photo's here.

Good to see the SW get an early taste of the white stuff.

Posted

Snowing very heavy here in frome, huge massive wet flakes and settlling. Not being funny, but i have seen any websites, netweather, weatheroutlook, bbc, met office or metcheck forecast this. How can they all be so wrong? Good covering now and still throwing it down. Has everywhere got snow?

Good stuff offerman, please can you update your profile to show your location. good.gif

Posted

nae had this nailed on a few days ago - showing snow on the back edge of this low

good to see some of you getting an early dose of the whitey goodness!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Snow turning more sleety here now. Was a nice surprise nevertheless.

Same here now but still this is a big suprise either way and very grateful for it :D