Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh god, I am being dragged back in again... sad.png Time to get the radar subscription up and running. Although it is looking milder for next week, so I am thinking this snow risk will be a flash in the pan.

This murky, rainy weather is horrid, I would much rather have cold frosts, crisp days and sunshine.

Tell me about it! tease.gif 3 days now in a row with marginal chances for high ground is taking its toll and its not even winter yetfool.gif

Just woke up but could see sleet bashing the conservatory roof while i was laying in bed a little while ago.

Posted

Tell me about it! tease.gif 3 days now in a row with marginal chances for high ground is taking its toll and its not even winter yetfool.gif

Just woke up but could see sleet bashing the conservatory roof while i was laying in bed a little while ago.

We have the living hell that is carnival today, a bit of snow would make it mildly interesting. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Haha! I love carnival, it's the start of Christmas for me. Wells carni is on the 16th November. What's the betting we will have yucky zonal murk by then? Actually I'm quite pleased it may turn zonal for a bit, don't want it to be too cold too early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

7c.Westerly breeze 5mph..Heavy Showers at times like right now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

I seem to be in the sweet spot for relentles showers the last couple of days .when i take my neighbours dog up the hill i get a bit of sleet chucked in as well .tonights feature will be interesting ,but more of a problem regards local flooding issues rather than snow .but these features can surprise so could be some snowy scenes on favoured high ground ,depending on track ,intensity ,timing etc .looks like all the thatcher cider apples are now collected , i tried some cider last week instead of my usual lager ,good . drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. I'm driving up to Warwick first thing on a customer run, I'll be driving up the Fosse Way so hopefully will see some white stuff over the Cotswolds

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

I seem to be in the sweet spot for relentles showers the last couple of days .when i take my neighbours dog up the hill i get a bit of sleet chucked in as well .tonights feature will be interesting ,but more of a problem regards local flooding issues rather than snow .but these features can surprise so could be some snowy scenes on favoured high ground ,depending on track ,intensity ,timing etc .looks like all the thatcher cider apples are now collected , i tried some cider last week instead of my usual lager ,good . drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Yes the same here with hail, rain and sleet showers repeatedly running in off the Bristol Channel and even an odd flash of lightning a few nights ago. Interesting to note when the winds back more WSW the shower distribution changes to the Welch side of the channel. Happened a couple of times over the last 48 hours.

Posted

Last heavy shower produced heavy sleet which briefly turned to wet snow a couple of times. Nice to see.

I don't see high ground this far west getting anything from sundays secondary low but I might be wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Check this out, I wasn't expecting the overnight inland Thunderstorm risk? good.gif

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2396350

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Met office have me down for sleet again early sunday morning.... good.gif

Check this out, I wasn't expecting the overnight inland Thunderstorm risk? good.gif

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2396350

I would have thought if anyone you would probably have a half chance of seeing a bit of wintryness?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Apart from early showers this morning, its been dry here today, with lengthy sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Met office have me down for sleet again early sunday morning.... good.gif

I would have thought if anyone you would probably have a half chance of seeing a bit of wintryness?

Ha ha, that's done it now. tease.gif

I suspect the Berkshire downs might end up with a slight covering of transient snow, if things fall right. good.gif Some of the local hills are at nearly 300m elevation as shown by my link.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Walbury_Hill

Posted

I must say, based on the latest models, the projected 850s don't look conducive for most of us. However, I guess the combination of lowering temperatures and timing of passing of the various fronts, elevation factors and any heavier bursts could provide some transient snow. Has to be a case of satellite and radar watching and who knows, some lamp-post watching. drinks.gif

Posted

Met office forecast for me is hail and sleet... Salisbury plane could see snow... So feeling rather optimistic!

The GFS Ensembles is really going for some heavy stuff with some ensembles going for 18mm for Somerset in a faily short space of time .. Not quite sure why the OP keeps missing it.

Posted

My met office forecast has upgraded me to sleet throughout the event now good.gif instead of just for a couple of hours.

Can't believe i'm actually getting slightly excited by this fools hope of a chance! mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Highly doubt anything other then rain will fall here. One can hope, I can see 3 lamposts from my bedroom window!

Posted

The 12z nae has pushed it further South so places like Southampton are likely to get the worse of the back end of it . Who ever gets in the sweet spot will have to deal with some very heavy precipitation and Wintry with elevation.

Posted

The 12z nae has pushed it further South so places like Southampton are likely to get the worse of the back end of it . Who ever gets in the sweet spot will have to deal with some very heavy precipitation and Wintry with elevation.

Its going to end up a nowcast event with it being pot luck as to if you hit the sweet spot with elevation... The southwards shift is probably a good thing and why meto have increased my chances although still need to nudge it abit west. good.gif

Posted

sorry have just got back on, so is it heavy rain due for the south?? and if so when, thanks in advance smile.png

have just read a few posts and im like a big kid when the s word is mentioned lol, so is there a chance for some?

Edited by smoggyjester

Posted

sorry have just got back on, so is it heavy rain due for the south?? and if so when, thanks in advance smile.png

Yeah pretty much buddy, may get some very brief Snow in intense precipitation , But as Mullender just said it is going to be a nowcast event. I think the showers behind maybe of a wintry nature as the 12zs keep Showers pouring into the SW tomorrow night also .

Posted

The Nae is coming up with a Snow chance tomorrow in southern England on the back edge of the system.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/11/03/basis12/ukuk/prty/12110412_0312.gif