Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Frost Watch Autumn 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

An amateur station in northern Scotland is down to 2.4C right now.. that's impressive, so an air frost is certain at that location

Posted

Haven't seen anything particularly cold so far this week due too much breeze/cloud. Lowest so far has been 4.9C compared to 4.2C last week and 4.0C on 31st August.

However with very light wind and clear sky temp has already fallen to 5.4C so we should beat that tonightcold.gif

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I saw the season's first gritting lorry on my way home this evening. The earliest ever! Always a wonderful sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I saw the season's first gritting lorry on my way home this evening. The earliest ever! Always a wonderful sight.

what do you think it was doing? Gritting due to a greasy surface perhaps, or just transferring lorries between depots? Certainly not there for frost tonight.. so I assume rain after a fairly lengthy dry spell (equalling greasy surface)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I suspect many northern areas received a frost this morning, tonight could be the first of the Autumn for many so don't forget to set your alarm and check your bin lid for frost!

Posted

Still waiting for the first frost of autumn here.although there was a ground frost on the morning

of the 31st of August.

Could tonight be the night?

Posted

Surprised how quiet this thread is this evening considering tonight should bring a widespread ground frost for many inland parts north of the midlands, with a widespread air frost very probable in parts of N Ireland, N England and much of inland Scotland with temperatures possibly as low as -5 degrees in the Highlands. Here I am expecting our first air frost of the season which would be a good 3-4 weeks earlier than usual.

So the first widespread frost of the season looks likely, and at quite an early date, perhaps because the south isn't likely to join in we are seeing so few posts..

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

First air frost of the season, down to -0.7c this morning, although I am not home to see it.

Here in Carmarthenshire 20 miles away the car is frozen on the roof so just a ground frost here.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

2nd frost of the season here had to de-ice the car this morning!.Also had ice on the puddles in the back garden!.Not sure what the temperature fell to as my max and min thermometer broke last week!!.

Posted

the reports from Wx Online show 58 stations have reported a ground frost and 9 with an air frost.

copied from my 0807 post in the weather for Saturday, the numbers may have altered as more data arrived since then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Had to demist my car at 06.30 this morning for the first time this season but that's the closest I've come so far.

No frost here yet, but living in an urban area, it's probably a tad early yet anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

2nd consecutive frosty morning at Sandhutton, N Yorks, 1.6C minimum yesterday and 2.5C minimum today. Yesterday was sunny all day but today has started foggy, and I think with deep lows sweeping in it will be a while before we get another frost here.

Posted

A light ground frost here this morning with a min temp of 3.4C. Thats the coldest minima in September since 1995 and the third coldest in 32 years of records.

Its a shame it clouded over as it was only 0.6C above the record low at this site.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Had my first ground frost of the season a few nights ago.

Just waiting for the first air frost now. Might or might not be this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

We got down to 1c on Saturday.

I assume that we must have had a ground frost at that temp :)

Was still only 3c at 9am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Saturday night we got down to 1.4c so close to a air frost but grass frost over the weekend here, won't be long before frosts are common most days especially if we have long clear nights.