Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013

Summer Sun

Posted

sorry SM but you are wrong on that - a screaming blizzard with upper below -4c and thicknesses in the low thirties with a continental flow. didnt last too long though with the atlantic moving in a few days later. (it was march after all)

My computer must be showing me the wrong charts then. No easterly flow in the charts I see on the link posted on post #315, but it sounds like my PC is showing me an old run I viewed before or something odd.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

My computer must be showing me the wrong charts then. No easterly flow in the charts I see on the link posted on post #315, but it sounds like my PC is showing me an old run I viewed before or something odd.

Here it is stormmad26 in all its glory!!

post-4523-0-94855500-1347912792_thumb.pn

Posted

Here it is stormmad26 in all its glory!!

post-4523-0-94855500-1347912792_thumb.pn

Ahh many thanks! yes that looks a cracker to me! Not sure what's going on with my pc then.

Edit: oops I see there was another link posted (post #317) after the post I replied to, which shows that easterly chart also, I was replying to post #316 in reply to the link in post #315 which looks mostly mild with one or two brief ridges of high pressure from the Azores high, but then that could be my pc showing me different charts and maybe that easterly chart was from the same link as post #315 if that makes sense lol!

Edit again, actually I see that brilliant easterly was actually the 29th March 1952 so it can't be that.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Lol just joined that daily fail thread- spent 45 mins writing a post & it didnt let me post- must be a word or time limit sad.png

New I should have pasted it-

S

45 minutes!? what was the post generally about? fool.gif

Lol just joined that daily fail thread- spent 45 mins writing a post & it didnt let me post- must be a word or time limit sad.png

S

oh and you do know the posts don't update automatically?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

45 minutes!? what was the post generally about? fool.gif

oh and you do know the posts don't update automatically?

Yes, everyone is on pre-moderation over there!!! his post might come up tommorow when the moderator has passed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Yes, everyone is on pre-moderation over there!!! his post might come up tommorow when the moderator has passed it.

That's the only problem with the forum, will be tomorrow morning before it's posted.

lazy.gif

Posted

S

If its anything to do with that screaming easterly chart you posted it will be

on the front page tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

S

Was it the evdience that there will be a sudden sustained stratospheric warming event and a breakdown of the polar vortex causing a reduction in the westerly winds in the stratosphere leading to northern Europe including UK experiencing cold and blocked conditions ?? by chance ??

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Is it true that a particular run of the CFS such as the 06z is considered to be more reliable or is that just silly rumours. Anyways, such a jump from the 12z to the 18z with the 12z going for a too good to be true winter scenario and now with a normal zonal flow. Guess that's the CFS' way or reminding us it's only september! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

http://modeles.meteo...52-3-29-0-0.png

nearly blast- this is perfection ................ ohmy.png

Gor, nowadays I wouldnt get any decent snow off that, too late in season for just over 100m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

S

It doesn't update at night. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it.

I think moderating the threads is good, but it is very annoying having to waiting about half an hour to see your posts, or not seeing them at all until the next day if you post them after 8 in the evening. The posts should really be instant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I think moderating the threads is good, but it is very annoying having to waiting about half an hour to see your posts, or not seeing them at all until the next day if you post them after 8 in the evening. The posts should really be instant.

That is the stupidest forum ever lol.

Posted

Who are you on there just out of interest?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Good grief, what a strange thread this is. With so many posts, I attempted to unravel some facts about what might be in store for Winter 2012/2013, fine chance of that then. search.gif

I think I may return in April 2013 and tell you all about it. One thing I have learnt is that you are a bunch of wannabe deserters. sorry.gifcray.gif

No other place for me to be as my bed beckons and I for one, won't be rushing out to buy any tabloid newspapers. blum.gif I'll be sticking to the No.1 forum board on the internet, three cheers for NETWEATHER. drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Who are you on there just out of interest?

Eh, who I am on here. Snowstorm445. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

This again please.

How about this one.

archives-1895-1-31-0-0.png

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/archives/archives.php?mode=0&month=1&day=31&year=1895&map=0&hour=0&mode=2

Go through the whole month and check out the 850hpa temps.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Its interesting to me that there seems to be an anticipation of a southerlytracking and meridional/disrupted jet. For me and my early thoughts .... its key and what I anticipate. Unless we have a sudden El Nino spike.

BFTP

Ok you got me there....

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow

Good grief, what a strange thread this is. With so many posts, I attempted to unravel some facts about what might be in store for Winter 2012/2013, fine chance of that then. search.gif

I think I may return in April 2013 and tell you all about it. One thing I have learnt is that you are a bunch of wannabe deserters. sorry.gifcray.gif

No other place for me to be as my bed beckons and I for one, won't be rushing out to buy any tabloid newspapers. blum.gif I'll be sticking to the No.1 forum board on the internet, three cheers for NETWEATHER. drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

And the award for the most sarcastic person goes to........pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

And this is what it produced.....

"1952 (March):

1. March 29th (Saturday) Many roads in the south-east blocked by SNOW as a belt of precipitation moved north from France against STRONG/GALE force easterly winds. DRIFTING occurred in the strong winds and drifts were reported as..."some feet deep". This was 'Boat Race' day, and the event was rowed in a 'BLIZZARD'. There was widespread DISRUPTION to sporting events on that day across southern Britain, especially to football matches. This may be one of the worst late-March SNOWFALLS of the 20th century."

http://booty.org.uk/booty.weather/climate/1950_1974.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

wasn't the gulf stream a factor to the cold weather of 2009/2010. so if the it is flowing from a cold continent like it was last time then we should expect a snow fest.

No gulf stream is warm current part of the global oceanic circulation, and always comes up from the Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico. If it slows or stops....we're in trouble and FORGET Dec 2010.....that will be an average winter month.

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow

No gulf stream is warm current part of the global oceanic circulation, and always comes up from the Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico. If it slows or stops....we're in trouble and FORGET Dec 2010.....that will be an average winter month.

BFTP

I must of been thinking of something else.