Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

It's looking pretty clear now (obviously getting dark) Going to be a cold 1 for sure!

Posted

Certainly notably cold for late October, just +1.8c currently here on the normally balmy NE Fife coast.

Would be nice to see a few flakes as I didn't see any last winter. No expectations though!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

It was snowing at Croy Station at 5.30pm. Nothing in Falkirk so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

heavy snow in aberdeen giving everything including roads and pavements a good covering,think the v6 radar playing up its only showing blue over here when i can see heavy snow falling technology lol

Edited by drm

Posted

Meto invent suggests the line of snow moving south. Currently sitting at just south of Aviemore. However I hope someone remembers to turn off the Ochill Hills snow shield!acute.gif

P.S Can't believe I am lamp post watching in October. Sometimes you go through the whole of November without a flake!

heavy snow in aberdeen giving everything including roads and pavements a good covering,think the v6 radar playing up its only showing blue over here when i can see heavy snow falling technology lol

I think the weather type radar combines a normal precip radar with chart data, it isn't fool proof and will be wrong from time to time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Jeez, is no one from the northeast able to give us an update? Radar looks pretty impressive. Won't jinx it but it's certainly more organised than anything else we've seen today, so east centralers should maybe be checking out the lamp post in the next hour or so. 1.3/-1.9C at before 8pm, that's good going even in the middle of winter. Anything that falls will be snow and is fairly likely to lie with that kind of temperature profile.

I think the weather type radar combines a normal precip radar with chart data, it isn't fool proof and will be wrong from time to time.

Yeah, precipitation type isn't worth looking at. Use your own judgement on temperatures (both lower and upper), dewpoint, and the good old lamp post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Jeez, is no one from the northeast able to give us an update? Radar looks pretty impressive. Won't jinx it but it's certainly more organised than anything else we've seen today, so east centralers should maybe be checking out the lamp post in the next hour or so. 1.3/-1.9C at before 8pm, that's good going even in the middle of winter. Anything that falls will be snow and is fairly likely to lie with that kind of temperature profile.

Yeah, precipitation type isn't worth looking at. Use your own judgement on temperatures (both lower and upper), dewpoint, and the good old lamp post.

a good inch of snow lying in my part of aberdeen id imagine a fair bit more inland from me and still fallng

Posted

a good inch of snow lying in my part of aberdeen id imagine a fair bit more inland from me and still fallng

Very impressive snow for this time of year.

Some of the traffic cameras are worth having a look at in Aberdeen and the surrounding areas. http://trafficscotland.org/lev/

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Joined last year but didn't post but I thought I would share what is quite incredible weather for this time of year. It has been snowing heavily here for the last two hours and there is about 1 and a half inches and it is still falling heavily. I live in Westhill which is about 10 miles inland west of Aberdeen. I took some photos which I will share in a minute if I can work out how.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hello. First time poster so go easy smile.png very heavy snow in Aberdeen. Cars getting stuck coming over tyrebagger.

Welcome to NW, Gogoslo!good.gif

Posted

Hope this works. Not the best photos but gives you guys an idea.

post-12868-0-53792100-1351278684_thumb.jpost-12868-0-47754300-1351278754_thumb.jpost-12868-0-52792700-1351278785_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

post-12868-0-53792100-1351278684_thumb.jpost-12868-0-47754300-1351278754_thumb.jpost-12868-0-52792700-1351278785_thumb.j

Wow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I am so jealous of you you lucky git !! Just showed the mrs , baring in mind yesterday she laughed at me when I said the uk was gonna have snow this wkend, we're moving up Newcastle when the times right and it really can't come sooner nough tbh !! Enjoy it my friends.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Great to see the snow in Scotland. How high are you GJ? (and I am not talking a drug habit here!)

Posted

photos

More reply options

Browse images

upload

Add to post

OR imageshack- copy & paste the HTTP address on the Image properties-

Great snow event for the east of scotland!

And i think u were the main predictor of this last week - some questioned yr prediction.

Hats off to you Steve.

Posted

Hehe, sadly it is gone off now, guess I can't hog it all to myself. Need to correct my rubbish estimation on depth from earlier, it's actually a very impressive 4 inches on the grass in the back garden. =)

chionomaniac I am roughly 180m asl.

Posted

Hehe it's actually a very impressive 4 inches on the grass in the back garden. =)

shok.gif

At this rate I won't be surprised to hear reports of "thundersnow" up in the north east! Insane stuff for this time of year.

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Great pics, massively envious of you all up there, hopefully we'll get our shot at a more traditional time of year!!!!