Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

And so it begins...laugh.png

post-6901-0-51988100-1348426713_thumb.pn

post-6901-0-46667100-1348426723_thumb.pn

post-6901-0-80787800-1348426734_thumb.pn

First wintry showers to low levels in Ireland should that come as shown.

In 48 hour news, rain looks like being a concern for Belfast, Antrim area the next couple of days (Starting later tommorow). Will be interesting to see if those Belfast residents who complained about consistent flooding in their areas have done the right thing with getting council to re-direct a river which caused the flooding combined with the heavy rain.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

Congrats to Donegal todaydrinks.gif

Anyway if that verifies Born would this be the earliest snowfall recorded in Ireland??

Hello Watcher - God help those poor people with the amount of flooding they have had to endure, hopefully the Council has ensured that the drains have been cleared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I don't post here often at all and only seem to pop around for the cold weather :( While I love cold, snow and storms I do hope it doesn't interfere with my internet connection tomorrow night haha, I'll be playing the new expansion of World of Warcraft after 11pm all night :D.

Posted

Welcome Cue, from Bangor just round the corner. Should come post more often, I doubt winds will be strong enough to effect broadband, but watch those floods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I'm lucky enough to live quite high up where the heavy rain doesn't effect me much, can see over most of Belfast. It's a nice sight when it snows.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Some heavy rain at times here this morning. Certainly cold for the time of year,current temp only 8.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Nice day in Cork so far. Mostly blue skies, calm and a bit chilly!

Posted

A grey, miserable day in Belfast with moderate but continuous rain. A gentle breeze which is just starting to increase somewhat. In other words, a typical autumn day. It's a strange state of affairs when Ireland has less rain than England! It sounds as if parts of the south west (of England) are being badly hit.

Posted

Plenty more rain to come for us Skywatcher, the band has pivoted now so heavier pulses on the UK mainland will start moving West.

Breeze picking up here too and raining mod-heavy.

Posted

My outdoor thermometer is showing 6.5c all day.... chilliest its been for a while!

Very cold for a September day....kind of highs you'd expect in an average winter day.

Posted

My outdoor thermometer is showing 6.5c all day.... chilliest its been for a while!

coldest september day on record for some parts of n. ireland according to bbc. high here of 10.2c so must be colder the further east you go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Max here today was 9.8c,(got up to 10.6c in the early hours last night) certainly one of the coldest sept days i can remember.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

A surprisingly nice day here in Cork, although a bit of rain later on. On the chilly side of course, and some scattered showers about as well. Seems a world away from the terrible weather across the rest of the island.

And we're usually the first in line when it comes to damp, mucky weather! biggrin.png

Posted

Rained solid here in Bangor for a little more than 24 hours (from yesterday morning to 11am today). No flooding to report, wind has picked up and getting some strong gusts (not gales though).

Posted

Right folks lets have a wee game. After a cracking start to Autumn lets all have a guess at when we will see our first snow. Here in Derry we already have had our first frost last Saturday. I reckon we will see our first snow falling around the 23rd November. Have a sneaky feeling that it will be early this year. I've been reading the winter thread allot and things seem to be going in the right direction. Something feels different this year and as quite a few on the other threads are doing, i to am going to go with my gut feeling this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Right folks lets have a wee game. After a cracking start to Autumn lets all have a guess at when we will see our first snow. Here in Derry we already have had our first frost last Saturday. I reckon we will see our first snow falling around the 23rd November. Have a sneaky feeling that it will be early this year. I've been reading the winter thread allot and things seem to be going in the right direction. Something feels different this year and as quite a few on the other threads are doing, i to am going to go with my gut feeling this year!

Didn't Derry, Donegal and Tyrone see some snow last October? I'll try to get the link but I remember it was one of the straws Madden clutched at to prove his incorrect October forecast. :D

I reckon if we see a colder winter it shouldn't be that long into November, although if it's anything like a good winter, the really good snow should arrive after Christmas but before New Years. :)

Posted

Posted

November 2nd. Courtesy of a quite potent toppler.