Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 28th August 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Raidan, Bristol city seems to have been in a dry slot with activity going on around it all day. There's been 15mm of rain here today yet a weather station in Filton has recorded less than 1mm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Raidan, Bristol city seems to have been in a dry slot with activity going on around it all day. There's been 15mm of rain here today yet a weather station in Filton has recorded less than 1mm!

Can confirm that apart from a brief shower earlier, nothing has got going here.

Cb's always to my south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Can confirm that apart from a brief shower earlier, nothing has got going here.

Cb's always to my south.

Same. The clouds looked cool on my way home from work but didn't take a picture.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Some torrential showers on way home from work today as I head north from Bristol into S.Glos. It did look like it would go bang at any moment but it didnt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Getting real dark here. Can see the rain in the distance but not here yet. Doesn't look like it will make it here anyway.

EDIT: Its raining.... Looks like the perfect sky for a strike of lightning.

Edited by Thunder_Bolt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Saw a bolt from the storm that just passed Chester, but due to traffic I wasn't home in time to see more. The already-soaked streets of Chester are even more so after that deluge!

Posted

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9950849.Youngster_hit_by_lightning_in_Dorcan/

AN 11-year-old boy has been struck by lightning.

The incident happened at approximately 3pm in the car park next to Dorcan Academy.

The youngster, who has been named locally as Joe Compton and is believed to be a pupil in Year Seven, suffered serious electric shock and severe burns.

He lost consciousness at the scene but came too shortly before being taken to Great Western Hospital.

A spokesman for the Great Western Ambulance Service said that any incident such as this was life-threatening.

Posted

Thanks for the explanation guys,sky to my north looks very threatening as it did to my south earliar but just a light shower nothing else,ah well maybe something later but not getting hopes up this time lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Just been out for a puff , bright lightening to my far north ,rain steady and moderate . an area of rain now approaching bristol from north/east ,but it does appear to be decaying ,[any confirmation please ] .this afternoons deluge over weston area was spectacular to watch from 5 miles away ,good forked lightening ,and the sky was spectacular ,hardly any movement of threatening cloud ,like a scene from the mid west ,what an interesting time .drinks.gif

Posted

Oh dear sad.png as much as we enjoy these storms,We have to remember they can be dangerous! hope he recovers soon.

'Serious but stable'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-19731189

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, heavy snowfall or crisp sunny frosty days

Oh bless him, hope you make a full and speedy recovery fella x x x x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Varied weather day in Cumbria today, very mixed with some potent showers being driven inland on the strong westerly winds gusting up to 40mph in and around the showers. Real torrential downpour around 4.15pm turning the hill into a river and I got soaked right through from the car to the house!

Posted

Worth keeping an eye on the last part of next week:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

114_20.gif

132_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

only just had a very quick look at charts data etc as been doing other things ,But looking at rainfall Forecast on GFS the next 10 days could bring some impressive rainfall totals . with the possibility of a LOW Hitting from the south again .certainly autumn looking charts and also some synoptics that could deliver ,IF it was another 6 weeks down the line . certainly a very active year so far cheers ,legritter .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Yo, its been a while since I've posted on here, saw some lightning over the English channel from Portsmouth in the week and was woken by thunder that same night!! First time that has happened since like 6 years ago! Came as a surprise as it is the end of September!

Really hoping for a snowy winter though as we watch the nights draw in rapidly now. Hope its the snowiest and coldest yet :)

Posted

Perhaps Nadine is finally on her way to us at the end of next week? unknw.gif

Posted

Worth keeping an eye on the last part of next week:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

114_20.gif

132_20.gif

Im partcularly liking the look of that last chart Coast as I will hopefully be down in Hastings by then !!