Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 7th July 2012>

Coast

Posted

Whats it like in shrewsbury?? i lived up there all my lif, now down in ludlow for past year, and rarely saw anythin intersting compared to everywere else in uk????

Depressing lol,,, we dont seem to get anything exciting here no longer, must be at least 4 years since we had a good storm.. just persistant drizzle or grey stuff, so got a bot excited when watching these cells popping up over the top of me, but clamed down now, still very dark though,, Ludlow seems to have a better storm chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Was looking stormy earlier here, then low-level cloud rolled in from the NE, upper wind direction is W-E though, wonder if that low cloud will fuel the development of these forecasted downpours tonight as it moved towards the midlands. We'll see.

Posted

Looks like something quite serious is developing doesnt it ? The area over the midlands is growing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

ehhhh.png

Really REALLY hoping this is a mistype!!

Not sure that it is....showing over 100mm for Gloucester...in excess of 60mm for Cheltenham...haven't checked other areas...but those figures are terrifying.

That expanding area of rain is getting too close for comfort, just crossing the Wales/England border to the south of me, and the sky in that direction looking pretty ominous.

Edited by No thunder here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Barely even a spot here, yet so much not so far away. If it keeps broadening then it'l hit here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

ehhhh.png

Unfortunately, looking at the GFS precipitation charts this would appear to be correct. Still time for a change but at present it looks like another deluge is forecast for this week.

I work in Bradford and escaped most of the rain today, although there were some heavy spells at times. But poor Hebden Bridge and Todmorden have had it again today. And the worst thing is there looks to be another convergence zone setting up across the Pennines tomorrow. That and the rain expected across the Midlands tonight - its a worrying time :(

Posted

please keep me informed off whats happening in shrewsbury, really gutted im missing somthing here, ludlow boring lol, nothing happend here since ive lived here, plus not seen a storm in 6 years plus probs

Posted

Looks like something quite serious is developing doesnt it ? The area over the midlands is growing...

Tomorrows fax chart shows the trough/small low over the Midlands where the met-office amber warning is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

This is what the NW Extra forecast says for Swindon on Friday:

Precipitation

01:00 0.9 mm

04:00 (V Light) 0.4 mm

07:00 (Heavy) 5.7 mm

10:00 (Torrential) 21.51 mm

13:00 (Torrential) 37.4 mm

16:00 (Torrential) 15.139 mm

19:00 (Torrential) 20.899 mm

22:00 (Light) 0.699 mm

That's a lot of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Feeling very *stormy* in Naaaaridge at the moment. Was hot and sunny earlier so maybe get something later. Maybe! smile.png

Look on the bright side - we had another reasonable summer's day compared with the rest of the UK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Barely even a spot here, yet so much not so far away. If it keeps broadening then it'l hit here.

1 mile to the NW of me, never known flooding around lichfield road like that

Unfortunately, looking at the GFS precipitation charts this would appear to be correct. Still time for a change but at present it looks like another deluge is forecast for this week.

I work in Bradford and escaped most of the rain today, although there were some heavy spells at times. But poor Hebden Bridge and Todmorden have had it again today. And the worst thing is there looks to be another convergence zone setting up across the Pennines tomorrow. That and the rain expected across the Midlands tonight - its a worrying time sad.png

Hopefully it will change - At the moment it is looking quite similar to July 2007 - We only had 50mm in one day and there was chaos, think what double that could do!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

1 mile to the NW of me, never known flooding around lichfield road like that

quite remarkable contrasts Mark....I'm about 4 miles from the lichfield road as the crow flies, and yet barely a drop here in Penkridge....the radar has heavy PPN less than a mile from my front door

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

quite remarkable contrasts Mark....I'm about 4 miles from the lichfield road as the crow flies, and yet barely a drop here in Penkridge....the radar has heavy PPN less than a mile from my front door

not much here at Wildwood either, been tenpin, and town water everywhere,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Seem so, 30mm+ for London on Friday, 5 day total at 51.7mm for London this week.....madness!!

ehhhh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Still rianing fairly heavy... nothing liker around 8.45 -9ish... but no stop. The radar looks crazy, a stationary cell over the town, growing over the last two hours in all directions. One sferic to the south west (nr Rhayder) - Wonder if thats a sign of things to come or an error?

Posted

Hi all

The rivers round here are already on alert with that amount of rain i hope we dont see another 2007 !

Seem so, 30mm+ for London on Friday, 5 day total at 51.7mm for London this week.....madness!!

I know... Adding up the totals around this area is 5 inches this week alone. Tweeted the MetOffice asking the certainty of this, since we are still far away, and they just referred me to the warnings. Hopefully it will weaken by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

To pick out some areas as likely to be effected by those downpours in the Midlands I would say the following areas. The precipittaion is edging slowly northwards judging by the radar loop, whilst expanding eastwards.

Very soon to be effected could be Stoke-on-Trent and Nottingham of the bigger towns and within the next hour possibly up to Crewe and Nantwich as examples.

Is the area roughly following the A303 down south a convergence zone as well?

Don't forget folks that the website will be down in the early hours guys n gals so keeped tune to the media if need be.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

I know... Adding up the totals around this area is 5 inches this week alone. Tweeted the MetOffice asking the certainty of this, since we are still far away, and they just referred me to the warnings. Hopefully it will weaken by then.

Yikes, where in Wiltshire are you?

Can you kindly update your profile to indicate this. good.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Looks like some kind of fierce low forming over/off the south west on Thurs/Fri that leads to this forecast of serious rain (and by the looks of it strong winds) on Friday on the GFS wind chart. I hope it doesn't come to that.

There are some very weird wind patterns forecast, and it looks as changeable generally as any time this summer. Let's hope that's for the better, and drier, for those areas already badly flooded.