Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 3rd July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

This was over Newark about 3 hours ago...

50dvO.jpg

Brilliant shot. I'm up that way on Saturday for the Americana International show at the Newark showground. Definatly taking my camera and spare batteries!!!

Posted

I rest my case that the midlands and north get the most thunderstorms of any region in Britain.

Metoffice was looking promising for this week (yesterday to Saturday) and look what's happened in South Bucks!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Nothing on wednesday, nothing today, will be nothing tonight looking at net-weather's Premium Euro Radar and I'm healthily pessimistic there will be, as per usual, NOTHING tomorrow.

The Home Counties get absolutely bugger all in terms of storms and I'm sick of it.

Nothing here in this part of the north and hasn't been for a long while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I rest my case that the midlands and north get the most thunderstorms of any region in Britain.

Metoffice was looking promising for this week (yesterday to Saturday) and look what's happened in South Bucks!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Nothing on wednesday, nothing today, will be nothing tonight looking at net-weather's Premium Euro Radar and I'm healthily pessimistic there will be, as per usual, NOTHING tomorrow.

The Home Counties get absolutely bugger all in terms of storms and I'm sick of it.

thats why someone from london has 11 thunderstorms this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I regularly read these pages to see what people are getting when t-storms arrive in their vicinities, but i'm gobsmacked at the lack of pictures or videos!

I read 'Rain is biblical' etc .. but nothing to go with it. Quite poor in this day & age considering you can buy anything with a camera on it these days. :(

Posted

Nothing in the west midlands as per, hasn't been anything over here for well since 1990s I would say Shropshire misses out all the time with everything

Posted

WOW!!! Absolutely torrential out there!

A few spots here, I may be too far north and miss the worst, I'll be back in the NSC !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

thats why someone from london has 11 thunderstorms this year

9-10 of which were probably heavy downpours with a rumble or two. doh.gif

Certainly has been the case in Egham. I've only witnessed one thunderstorm there since I started university in September 2010.

Edited by Miguel Hugo Roberto

Posted

Humidity feels as though its still rising here in Shrewsbury... I see my neighbours in Cheshire are about to have fun,,, just need something big in Shrewsbury now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Hmmm, got a feeling this is going to be rain and not electrified! Shame! And as I typed that I just picked up sferics on the radio! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Unfortunately ....... Agreed!

Posted

Nothing in the west midlands as per, hasn't been anything over here for well since 1990s I would say Shropshire misses out all the time with everything

Shropshire the birth place of english parliament, how about that.

Posted

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Move then!!!!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

that was a sferic just then wasn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

9-10 of which were probably heavy downpours with a rumble or two. tease.gif

Certainly has been the case in Egham. I've only witnessed one thunderstorm there since I started university in September 2010.

doesnt matter its still a thunderstorm

Posted

Any chance someone with a bit of weather knowledge can tell me the state of play regards the heavy rain event tonight/tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some of the heaviest rain I've seen in a long long time here has just passed....I'm very surprised there was no thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

No sferics. And almost unbelievably I think it might swing NW and miss us! Its only about 12 miles out as well!!