Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Uk Storm Chasing Forum

Paul

Posted

By popular demand we've started a new forum area dedicated to chasing storms in the UK, if you do, or would like to chase storms across the UK, please feel free to get involved biggrin.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Great idea :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Fantastic Paul, now we just need the storms to chase lol Cumbria is a very storm starved county good.gif

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

great idea!

afte chasing in the USA the buzz for chaing something is Great! UK or USA!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yes a great idea..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

What a cracking idea good.gif

Posted

Well, events earlier this week only go to show that there really are some storms worth chasing here in the UK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Great idea, lets hope we get a set up like Thursday some time soon! Lancashires a bit dry in the UK storm region so looks like i'm going to have to use some petrol when anything kicks off!

Posted

Surely this is a great way to jinx any more storms this summer? laugh.png

But I think this is a great idea, I plan to try and chase some storms whenever they are close enough to me (If I had known Thursday's would be only 2-3 hours up the motorway it would have been tempting!)

Nothing too organised or guaranteed and just an experiment really, as I've never really done it except very locally. Don't know how successful it would be yet. I'll be in Holland though from the 3rd-10th July so there will probably be plenty of opportunities in the UK then, though Holland looks nice at times especially around the 4th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lol I'm going to save that post VM biggrin.png

Go for it, Victor loves great ideas :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Would love to chase in the UK - I cover Exeter-Essex, so pretty much everything south of central London for work & am on the road a lot. Hello detour!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I do a lot of chasing and will travel too, when work commitments don't get in the way and like this idea. If the weather allows it i may be chasing this week.

I know this thread is relating to the uk and i apologise if this is off topic, but how about a few of us get together and chase in Europe. They have set ups like the rare set up we got last Thursday on multiple occasions in summer. Even this coming week there will be some great storms as close as Holland and Belgium, looking at the latest models. We could take just one or two cars and this would save on petrol costs/channel tunnel crossings etc.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

A great week to start off this, as it looks like there will be a few to chase. I'm getting a feeling they will mostly be in the North, possibly around the Wash Thursday? I'm chained to a desk this week so it will be a virtual chase for me, good luck to all who catch a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Definitely a great idea.

Personally I just need to become self employed though ( or win the lottery ) so I could do this at the drop of a hat.

Posted

Just bought a netweather extra subscription at last, so will be using this if i chase this week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I could of swore we had an interactive map a few years back showing where each chaser is located with basic info ( Car, how far they drive, how often , email contact etc.. )

Did I just dream that?

Posted

Lot's of potential coming up this week, keep your cameras/camcorders handy for capturing photos and footage, Or if you have a half decent mobile phone device that'll do the trick - You'll also be able to follow radar and satellite images if you have web access and signal.

Good luck :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Lot's of potential coming up this week, keep your cameras/camcorders handy for capturing photos and footage

Here's a bit of an early hint as to when and where might be worth thinking about:

42_20.gif

66_20.gif

78_20.gif

84_20.gif

90_20.gif

Chances there for almost everyone this week and some may not need to drive very far!!!

Posted

Yes if things stay the same I shall be heading out on every day Weds-Fri. I will not bother chasing today though as I feel conditions are just on the wrong side of marginal and I would best served to save petrol for the following days. Friday is looking very good at the moment :)

Posted

Here's a bit of an early hint as to when and where might be worth thinking about:

42_20.gif

66_20.gif

78_20.gif

84_20.gif

90_20.gif

Chances there for almost everyone this week and some may not need to drive very far!!!

I remain sceptical atm, even when conditions look favourable my location does an excellent job of completely missing out on the action! Good luck to everyone for the rest of this week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

hey up! looking at those charts the NW looks a good place to be!

Gee

• 10 months later...

I could of swore we had an interactive map a few years back showing where each chaser is located with basic info ( Car, how far they drive, how often , email contact etc.. )

Did I just dream that?

You might have done :), but I can provide that for you today, check my signature...